ADVERTISEMENT

"BOMBSHELL: Dem strategist says media ‘COOKED’ polls to show… Hillary Bounce, Dropped Trump

T J

May 29, 2001
on ‘Cooked’ Reuters Poll: ‘Never in My Life Have I Seen a News Organization Do Something So Dishonest’

Reuters tampered with its own daily tracking poll to manufacture a sudden surge for Hillary Clinton.

They not only changed their formula, to put Hillary ahead. They went back and changed the results, for a week of results where Trump was ahead, and then they turned those into Hillary leads,” said Caddell. “They also erased all the former polling off the site. They didn’t tweak their procedure – they cooked

Never in my life have I seen a news organization, and a supposedly reputable poll, do something so dishonest,”
Caddell continued. “What they have done is, they decided the people who said, ‘oh, I’m never for someone’ – oh, those must be Hillary votes. They used to be Trump voters.”

=============

BOMBSHELL: Dem strategist says media ‘COOKED’ polls to show…

By Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor9:29am August 3, 2016

Trump-Hillary-1000x640.jpg

Most of us take political polls with a hefty dose of salt. Methodology, sampling, timing and overall election volatility can render polls questionable at best and useless at worst. And, yes, we know how organizational bias on behalf of the polling organizations can influence how they conduct polls and slice and dice the results to support their chosen narrative.

But the latest revelation by a well-known Democrat strategist about out-and-out poll tampering by one of the biggest names in news and polling is nonetheless nothing short of stunning. As Pat Caddell says of Reuters, “they didn’t tweak their procedure – they cooked it,” to give Democrat Hillary Clinton a post-convention bounce. He further sounded the alarm calling what the press is doing now is “a crisis of democracy.”

As Breitbart reports
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016...-news-organization-do-something-so-dishonest/

on ‘Cooked’ Reuters Poll: ‘Never in My Life Have I Seen a News Organization Do Something So Dishonest’

On Sunday’s Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Alex Marlow, political strategist Pat Caddell outlined his charge that Reuters tampered with its own daily tracking poll to manufacture a sudden surge for Hillary Clinton.

They not only changed their formula, to put Hillary ahead. They went back and changed the results, for a week of results where Trump was ahead, and then they turned those into Hillary leads,” said Caddell. “They also erased all the former polling off the site. They didn’t tweak their procedure – they cooked

Never in my life have I seen a news organization, and a supposedly reputable poll, do something so dishonest,” Caddell continued. “What they have done is, they decided the people who said, ‘oh, I’m never for someone’ – oh, those must be Hillary votes. They used to be Trump voters.”

“They made a switch, as much as nine points, in their results from the beginning of last week, the 25th and 26th. It is, beyond doubt, the most outrageous thing,” he declared, noting that results in three- and four-way polls that include independent candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein were also skewed.

“This is what the media is willing to do, to try to elect her,” Caddell said. “This poll is nothing but a part of a media offensive. In the 45 years since I was a child, in top-level presidential campaigns, I have never seen the media on such a jihad, and so involved in hiding facts, and not following up. This is a crisis of democracy, what the press is now doing.”

Caddell also elaborated on the blatant bias ABC News displayed on its Sunday show where Trump was interviewed, followed by a roundtable set up to attack him, while Clinton endured no such ambush when she appeared on Fox News Sunday — despite her lying about her lying, once again. Caddell went on to dismiss Trump’s ABC News interviewer George Stephanopoulos as “a former Democratic operative, a Clinton contributor, and an absolute fraud as a newsperson.” Finally, someone calls him out for what he is. (Read more about this at Breitbart.)

He found the media far less willing to say anything about the “pall of corruption” hanging over the Democratic convention, or the Democrats’ reluctance to say a word about the issue, knowing how much it hurts Clinton.

“Not once, not once, was there a mention of the Clinton Foundation by Hillary, or Bill, or anybody, about what great work they do, because they dare not even raise it,” he observed. “Nobody said anything. The press, which have universally assaulted Trump, who got a big boost out of his speech – who won the speech by the way, of best speeches, beats her, and the press praises her, and they’re laying down, and this is ‘Reaganesque’ – this is about as Reaganesque as John Kerry in 2004, going up to the podium after all the admirals and generals surrounding him, and saying ‘I’m reporting for duty,’” he said. “I mean, that went over like a lead balloon.”

“My party never learns that you cannot just hoodwink the people,” said Caddell, a lifelong Democrat.

Looking ahead, he predicted that Trump would win over voters by continuing to attack media bias and a rigged political system. Caddell actually deployed some harsher language than Trump has to date, which is not an easy bar to clear.

“Reporters are like cockroaches,” he said. “I hate to say this to reporters, but anyway, you flip on a light in a New York apartment, and cockroaches run everywhere. That’s what happens when you start shining a light on the media for what they refuse to tell people. And the greatest crime is not that they’re saying you must vote against Donald Trump, that he’s evil. The greatest crime is that they are hiding facts from the American people, to fit their narrative. They are making themselves, as I’ve said before, the enemies of the American people.”

“The American people don’t think much of them now, and won’t think much of them,” he predicted. “But you cannot let them get away with this, the way people like Romney and others roll over and take a beating, because their consultants want to make sure they preserve their relationships in Washington with the political media.”

Caddell found encouraging signs that “the American people are clued in” about media corruption, citing research conducted by his colleague, Democratic pollster Doug Schoen, that the momentum of the 2016 race favors Trump, in part because of deep alienation against the existing political system, across the political spectrum.

“This election, right now, it’s hanging in the balance. Trump is the independent variable. If he can learn to hit big ground, and understand they’re going to go after him on everything, and discipline himself, he is the man to beat in this election,” Caddell declared, adding that Clinton “doesn’t have anywhere to go in this election, unless Trump blows himself up.”

Caddell’s full comments, which we did not include here in their entirety, are well worth reading over at Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016...-news-organization-do-something-so-dishonest/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News