ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett Top College List Coming Today

Imo that is the most underrated reasons a kid would choose a college.. Staying closer to home.
Mom, Dad, friends, relatives seeing matches and not having to go far plus the regular college homesick trip..

Reactions: goldenanimal
I love watching this kid wrestle. He’s going to keep improving. Word on the internet street is tOSU or PSU

After watching OSU, chock full of blue-chip prospects, lose to Pitt this past weekend, I cannot imagine a top prospect picking them over Penn State. Tan Tom can recruit. His development has been pretty terrible given the wealth of riches at his disposal.

Imo that is the most underrated reasons a kid would choose a college.. Staying closer to home.
Mom, Dad, friends, relatives seeing matches and not having to go far plus the regular college homesick trip..
DAD especially, I dont see him giving up the McCort job especially when the younger son is still in MS.

Bo is growing fast, bet he winds up 57/65 for college.

JTS, where you at?

I think it's great! Let the kid have some fun with the process of choosing the right college for his academic and athletic goals.
I don't have problem with that at all but releasing a release one day teasing a list the next day and then essentially releasing every major program on the list is just not my style.. Absolutely enjoy the process but this screamed attention seeking to me..

Bassett has approximately 13,000 threads here. He doesn't have to seek attention -- it finds him. (Though he could occasionally take away his dad's phone.)

And if he wants to poke some fun at it, and at people who are wound tightly about his life choice -- good for him.

It was a joke. People need to chill.

Bucknell is on the list. If PSU gets too crowded this could work. So many grown men waited all day and so excited to see their school, but then so is everyone else’s.

PSAC schools. He listed Clarion, Bloom, Edinboro and Millersville I think.

His real list is:

Penn State, Penn State, Penn State, Penn State and Penn State. Wishful thinking.

I will guess Penn State, Cornell, Iowa, OK State and OSU

Reactions: Sullivan
Big eye roll.

Also, it's clearly bs. For someone so carefully cultivating his career, from all angles including off the mat, his actual list is likely very very short.
A lawyer said" clearly" eye roll indeed...

Make It Rain Money GIF

money dancing GIF by CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®

Reactions: Franklinstheman
I don't think he was trying to troll adult males, but rather just making a statement he's open to anywhere. He's a big name, he could plan to try to help recruit kids in or he (he comes the heal) could just come to Penn State and maximize his ability while doing the said recruiting.

This wasn’t annoying to me. What will be super annoying however is if he parlays this announcement into 20 more future announcements dropping 5 schools at an each time.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
This wasn’t annoying to me. What will be super annoying however is if he parlays this announcement into 20 more future announcements dropping 5 schools at an each time.
Once a week he does a live press conference where he scratches off 1 school.

I am happy to be the outlier and be the only one with the view that I will be happy if he goes somewhere other than Penn State.
Anyone that has been around the dad would know that he will be a headache for the 4-5 years Bo is in school. I'm sure dad had influence on this social media post. This falls under super- talented kid, but is it worth the headache for staff?

Super annoying will be the dozens of phone calls he’s gonna get from schools that figured they had no chance.

Anyone that has been around the dad would know that he will be a headache for the 4-5 years Bo is in school. I'm sure dad had influence on this social media post. This falls under super- talented kid, but is it worth the headache for staff?
I kinda get that as well. We dont need another Suriano fiasco.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
After watching OSU, chock full of blue-chip prospects, lose to Pitt this past weekend, I cannot imagine a top prospect picking them over Penn State. Tan Tom can recruit. His development has been pretty terrible given the wealth of riches at his disposal.
Yep. Imo. Ryan uses the Brands brothers philosophy. Beat the snot out of my team to the extent of physical and psychological exhaustion by late February.

Yep. Imo. Ryan uses the Brands brothers philosophy. Beat the snot out of my team to the extent of physical and psychological exhaustion by late February.
They're both Gable disciples, so that makes some sense--but I don't think tOSU has quite the body-breakdown track record T&T tend to. But I do think they've overemphasized the wrong things to find the most success for the talent they pull in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT