ADVERTISEMENT

Any truth to the rumor?

He was surrounded by first round talent at OSU. You can have second or third round talent and still be a #3 receiver at OSU. IMO, he would be as good a get or better than other two transfers we got this year.
He had about 35 catches last year and OSU had #1 out most of the year. Also had a seasoned NFL bound QB To target him. If he is looking to transfer, it's because he slipped to #4 or below this spring.

He had about 35 catches last year and OSU had #1 out most of the year. Also had a seasoned NFL bound QB To target him. If he is looking to transfer, it's because he slipped to #4 or below this spring.
OSU is rumored to have a few WRs eventually transfer out - besides Fleming - and I think it has a lot to do with the emergence of true freshman Carnell Tate this Spring and Innis coming in in the Fall.

I think Fleming would be a really solid pickup for any B1G program - if he can finally stay healthy

Look at the 2 guys ahead of him at Ohio State. Lots of reasons guys transfer. He could simply not want to be in Harrison's shadow.

Reactions: bison13
Don't need Fleming for that.
Yes you do. You need to be strong everywhere. It keeps the defense honest and prevents them from focusing on one area.

Do you think Michigan ignores WR recruiting?

Does OSU still recruit stud RBs when they air it out to Harrison?

He turned out to have 4 star talent. Perhaps a possession WR...definitely not a HR threat. Don't forget Julian was 1.5 years older than the average HS senior. Good kid, hard worker etc. Burned bridges with his valedictorian address dissing PSU after he signed with OSU. Ironic that he used Justin Shorter as an example. Another over rated prospect WR.
I remember back when if you brought up his age, or the fact that he played on a stacked team against inferior players in AA that wouldn't play past high school, you were eviscerated on this board as just being bitter he wasn't coming here.

Didn't know about the burned bridges though. Assuming he let the hype go to his head (would've been hard not to). Would CJF still want him after said bridge burning?

Reactions: marshall23
Didn't Franklin make some comment that they might still take another transfer at wideout? Size is something PSU hasn't had at the position and is really useful against top tier defenses. When you can't get separation size helps.

I remember back when if you brought up his age, or the fact that he played on a stacked team against inferior players in AA that wouldn't play past high school, you were eviscerated on this board as just being bitter he wasn't coming here.

Didn't know about the burned bridges though. Assuming he let the hype go to his head (would've been hard not to). Would CJF still want him after said bridge burning?
Most posters here believe the ratings are foolproof. Even four seasons of demonstrated mediocre play and a chronic shoulder injury... and the fanboys are rallying.

You mean Julian Fleming has what it takes to elevate PSU to the level that they can beat OSU and Michigan and they are letting him walk? LOL I have a bridge for sale.

Not saying one way or the other, but I've been monitoring the Buckeye boards - mostly Eleven Warriors - and there's been nothing about Fleming hitting the Portal.

Not saying one way or the other, but I've been monitoring the Buckeye boards - mostly Eleven Warriors - and there's been nothing about Fleming hitting the Portal.
But the very thought brings starstruck fanboys to frenzy.

Silly...who got the most snaps?
My point is that we don't have any evidence that existing players are better than Flemming. There's also no guarantee about how well Cephas will perform at this level (without the benefit of spring practice).

They might all be better than Flemming but we certainly don't know that.

My point is that we don't have any evidence that existing players are better than Flemming. There's also no guarantee about how well Cephas will perform at this level (without the benefit of spring practice).

They might all be better than Flemming but we certainly don't know that.
So go get him and see? This isn't a buffet. Again, if Fleming is leaving OSU it's because he's # 4 OR BELOW on their squad.

So go get him and see? This isn't a buffet. Again, if Fleming is leaving OSU it's because he's # 4 OR BELOW on their squad.
You're probably right as OSU's M. Harrison and Egbuka might be the 2 best receivers in CF and their true freshman - Carnell Tate - absolutely lit it up in the Spring and might have passed Fleming. And keep in mind, their top recruit WR Innis hasn't even made it to campus yet so who really knows what's going on with OSU and Fleming

You're probably right as OSU's M. Harrison and Egbuka might be the 2 best receivers in CF and their true freshman - Carnell Tate - absolutely lit it up in the Spring and might have passed Fleming. And keep in mind, their top recruit WR Innis hasn't even made it to campus yet so who really knows what's going on with OSU and Fleming
Could just be a fanboy created rumor...or Fleming is being processed.

I'd be surprised if he left. He was OSU's 3rd leading WR and now Harrison is gone. I expect him to have a big year this year.

I'm just arguing against people who say Lambert and Wallace are better than Flemming. One of those guys could have a breakout year but until we see it there's no rational basis to make that claim.

Reactions: bison13
I'd be surprised if he left. He was OSU's 3rd leading WR and now Harrison is gone. I expect him to have a big year this year.

I'm just arguing against people who say Lambert and Wallace are better than Flemming. One of those guys could have a breakout year but until we see it there's no rational basis to make that claim.
Yeah Fleming is better

Harrison is still at OSU along with Egbuka. That Jaxon Smith whatever is the one that left

Wallace caught 19 balls in limited snaps . Fleming has 53 catches in 3 years. Wallace likely at least 3 years younger than Fleming. Meaning he has growth potential. Younger guys have surpassed Fleming at OSU.

As Bison said, if he's available and James wants him...that's all that matters. But I would be surprised if he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT