ADVERTISEMENT

AJ's charges

Stevenson's situation was totally different as I recall. He came forward right away and said he did not think he did anything wrong and he was not even the one who was implicated. It was someone else that he was with. Am I misremembering that?
you are very much misremembering.

really bad habit on here (and everywhere else) of minimizing other bad behavior so you can make the behavior you're targeting look worse.

bottom line, they both likely got away with some deplorable behavior and are very fortunate to have careers to come back to.

Sorry, I do not. I bough the season tickets for the 21/22 season.
I'm still getting emails from hawkeyesports :-(
I just checked, there is a waiting list now.

I bought Big Ten tix from Michigan and I still get emails from them for more events.

6j6t9iT.gif
What's the question?

Now imagine having those brothers in a facility along side the female wrestlers.
Probably nothing would come of that. They're teammates, would be supervised, and would have separate locker rooms. It's all the other women on campus, who mean nothing to the Ferraris, who have to worry the most.

That's not to say the women wrestlers should welcome it or be comfortable with it, now or ever.

Reactions: creamery freak
I bought 2 season tickets to Carver just for the PSU dual as it was way cheaper than buying for just the dual. Now that we've been to the last 2 there, I think I'll watch from home this time around. It was fun, but I'm not a huge fan of many of their fans.
Just a reminder, if you are so inclined, Wrestling for Life also takes donations of tickets. :)

you are very much misremembering.

really bad habit on here (and everywhere else) of minimizing other bad behavior so you can make the behavior you're targeting look worse.

bottom line, they both likely got away with some deplorable behavior and are very fortunate to have careers to come back to.
Alll I can remember is that Gable said he was there and thought it was no big deal as they or he did not do anything wrong. I can't remember anything else and I amy have it confused with something or someone else. Can you give a quick rundown of what you recall? Not to dredge up the past, but just so I can keep it straight. I do not remember any other details coming out of the story.
With AJ we have a she said - he said scenario and we kind of know what happened. With Gable - the "what happened" seemed pretty blurry.

Gable's case came back to light recently with him going WWE and their fans bringing that up often. I don't know the story but they claim it was some loophole that allowed Gable to have the charges dropped. I don't know if it's true, I saw Jason Bryant say that isn't the case either.

Either way, Gable missed literally 0 time basically with how fast it dropped.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Gable's case came back to light recently with him going WWE and their fans bringing that up often. I don't know the story but they claim it was some loophole that allowed Gable to have the charges dropped. I don't know if it's true, I saw Jason Bryant say that isn't the case either.

Either way, Gable missed literally 0 time basically with how fast it dropped.
On one hand, the word of Jason Bryant, on the other, info from some random wwe fans on the internet? 🤔🤷😉

I obviously don’t really know anything about either case other than what’s been made public. Gable strikes me as a far more generally agreeable human than AJ, for whatever that’s worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: lookleft goright
Alll I can remember is that Gable said he was there and thought it was no big deal as they or he did not do anything wrong. I can't remember anything else and I amy have it confused with something or someone else. Can you give a quick rundown of what you recall? Not to dredge up the past, but just so I can keep it straight. I do not remember any other details coming out of the story.
With AJ we have a she said - he said scenario and we kind of know what happened. With Gable - the "what happened" seemed pretty blurry.

Bryant is dead wrong about that. Gable absolutely was able to take advantage of a since-closed loophole.

Basically, the law stated that, If you consume alcohol voluntarily - you cannot be deemed incapable of consenting. So the DA really couldn't even bring any charges.

https://apnews.com/general-news-1221944d273eb2cdb0d285de3d665b3f

Bryant is dead wrong about that. Gable absolutely was able to take advantage of a since-closed loophole.

Basically, the law stated that, If you consume alcohol voluntarily - you cannot be deemed incapable of consenting. So the DA really couldn't even bring any charges.

This is similar to what happened to the Bills punter who was charged with rape last year. In that case, unfortunately for the poor girl, everything was recorded and some was posted on social media and the tapes revealed her being completely wasted and propositioning multiple guys at the party, including the Bills guy who she cornered and gave a BJ to.

Reactions: vhsalum

Man, I was missing a ton of details on that case. I thought it was a hazing thing within the team—had no idea the alleged victim was a young woman. Not that it matters, but it does color the affair a bit differently.

Reactions: vhsalum
This is similar to what happened to the Bills punter who was charged with rape last year. In that case, unfortunately for the poor girl, everything was recorded and some was posted on social media and the tapes revealed her being completely wasted and propositioning multiple guys at the party, including the Bills guy who she cornered and gave a BJ to.
Multiple guys?? And she picked the PUNTER ?!?
I’ll never mock a punter again.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Man, I was missing a ton of details on that case. I thought it was a hazing thing within the team—had no idea the alleged victim was a young woman. Not that it matters, but it does color the affair a bit differently.
Yes, the case involved the use of a foreign object. It wasn't pretty.

call me old fashion but any "X rape allegation is like Y rape allegation" thoughts are probably best kept in one's own mind.

By a few fans. Not the majority.

Cultists was the first word you went for? Not hardly. Enablers was the 2nd word??

The Ped State thing will never go away. There will always be some that mention it. Sandusky did your University dirty. I never bring it up personally and never will. Especially on the wrestling forums
LOL you just did and when was the last time PSU wrestler shot another wrestler?your on!!

Unfortunately seems like a lot of folks aren’t real big on due process , this case was dropped after he was able to prove he wasn’t there. Many examples of false charges , best to withhold judgment until facts are known

Reactions: aalion and amattaro
Unfortunately seems like a lot of folks aren’t real big on due process , this case was dropped after he was able to prove he wasn’t there. Many examples of false charges , best to withhold judgment until facts are known
News to me, I thought I heard the case was dropped because the victim chose to not testify. But I will admit I don’t care enough to stay on top of the case. I don’t care for his antics or his proven behavior.

News to me, I thought I heard the case was dropped because the victim chose to not testify
Not AJ. The Bills’ punter’s case was dropped because people recorded the whole night and it showed he wasn’t there when the gangbang occurred. That’s what that message was replying to.

Thanks guys, my bad for not reading the previuos posts, just went off the thread title.

By a few fans. Not the majority.

Cultists was the first word you went for? Not hardly. Enablers was the 2nd word??

The Ped State thing will never go away. There will always be some that mention it. Sandusky did your University dirty. I never bring it up personally and never will. Especially on the wrestling forums
WildTurk
HR All-American
Yesterday at 5:59 PM
Add bookmark
So far, I count 31 Penn State fans that have voted to bring AJ into Iowa. So this poll is about as useless as a lock on the men's shower room at Penn State.

But, but, but you would never bring it up on a wrestling forum right?

News to me, I thought I heard the case was dropped because the victim chose to not testify. But I will admit I don’t care enough to stay on top of the case. I don’t care for his antics or his proven behavior.
Said the D.A.: “Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction. Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Originally accused of being part of a gang rape of an allegedly intoxicated 17-year-old girl in October 2021, a meeting between Araiza's attorneys, the accuser and a district attorney in San Diego led to the charges being dropped. Documents of that meeting reveal that Araiza could not have led the girl into the reported gang rape because he had left the house party an hour prior to when the attack reportedly occurred.

"He wasn’t even at the party anymore,” deputy district attorney Trisha Amador explained to the girl and her attorneys. "All I know is that at that point, suspect Araiza is gone from the party.”

During the meeting, prosecutors also said they couldn't determine if the alleged rape was instead merely consensual sex between the accuser and multiple men.

“In looking at the videos on the sex tape, I absolutely cannot prove any forceable sexual assault based upon what happened,” Amador said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT