ADVERTISEMENT

Adios

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
As you guys know I’ve been around BWI forever. But given the level of intolerance for criticism directed towards the program as well as blatant disregard for the end-user (e.g., cram down of the board reformat) I am compelled to ‘cash in my chips’ and leave. It is unfortunate because our program is at a crossroads and there is much to discuss. I am not sure Franklin is up to the task of resurrecting a proud and storied program. It’s not that I am abandoning the team but rather, this board. It is no longer the virtual water cooler it once was. In parting, I hope you survivors avoid becoming corrupted by the S & X crowd; that is to say, Sycophants and Xenophobes. You know who you are. You shout down every dissenting opinion. Lastly, please be sure to watch games other than the Penn State’s. It gives you a sense of perspective of where we need to go. On the other hand, if you’re satisfied with 6-6 and mocking Pitt then don’t even bother. By all means, stay inured in your own little cocoon as the rest of college football passes by you, a very disturbing subset of otherwise gracious and knowledgeable Penn Staters. Adios. *

The complaints about the new board format crack me up. It's free. Why whine about something you're not even paying for? The folks on premium may have a right to bitch but for crying out loud, you must be leading a charmed life if your biggest problem is a website format.

As you guys know I’ve been around BWI forever. But given the level of intolerance for criticism directed towards the program as well as blatant disregard for the end-user (e.g., cram down of the board reformat) I am compelled to ‘cash in my chips’ and leave. It is unfortunate because our program is at a crossroads and there is much to discuss. I am not sure Franklin is up to the task of resurrecting a proud and storied program. It’s not that I am abandoning the team but rather, this board. It is no longer the virtual water cooler it once was. In parting, I hope you survivors avoid becoming corrupted by the S & X crowd; that is to say, Sycophants and Xenophobes. You know who you are. You shout down every dissenting opinion. Lastly, please be sure to watch games other than the Penn State’s. It gives you a sense of perspective of where we need to go. On the other hand, if you’re satisfied with 6-6 and mocking Pitt then don’t even bother. By all means, stay inured in your own little cocoon as the rest of college football passes by you, a very disturbing subset of otherwise gracious and knowledgeable Penn Staters. Adios. *
Sorry to see you go Cosmos. IMHO, you're one of the true good guys. FWIW, I quit the Den on the first morning of the chnage. Topic doesn't offer what I want. Not saying it's bad...just not what I want. I am amazed at the vitriol from some posters for some of us having less interest. To them, and they know who they are, I can say.......well...ya know.

The complaints about the new board format crack me up. It's free. Why whine about something you're not even paying for? The folks on premium may have a right to bitch but for crying out loud, you must be leading a charmed life if your biggest problem is a website format.
Think the process through. He's not whining.....he's stating that he doesn't like the new venue....and he's leaving. That simple. You're such a dumb f*ck.

First world problems much? The things people bitch and moan about these days is mind-boggling to me. Grow up, get accustomed to the new UI/UX, and move on. These whiny, self-serving, self-entitled posts are beyond pathetic. Good riddance.

Think the process through. He's not whining.....he's stating that he doesn't like the new venue....and he's leaving. That simple. You're such a dumb f*ck.

Yeah ok... "But given the level of intolerance for criticism directed towards the program as well as blatant disregard for the end-user (e.g., cram down of the board reformat)"

What is that?

Saying he's leaving because of the "cram down of the board reformat" is whining, period. If it wasn't whining, then he could simply leave and not post/whine about it. I wouldn't expect someone who resorts to calling someone else a "dumb f*ck" to understand though. I remember when I was 15, it was a tough age, but it gets better. Hang in there!!!

Reactions: PghNittanyLion
Seems you do need a break. Maybe when you check back down the road we'll all have refined this new format. Sorry you feel the way about the FB program. We do have a lot of kids and coaches who are committed and working hard and doing it very well while overcoming the burdens unfairly placed on them by the NCAA, B1G, and certain individuals from the University. It's for those kids and coaches that I will continue to root and support.

I'm sorry to hear that Cosmos. I understand your frustration with the new format, and with certain other posters, but I hope you will reconsider. I've read many of your posts. Some I agreed with, some not, but you have added to the collective wisdom of this Board. If you are firm in your decision, I wish you well.

Saying he's leaving because of the "cram down of the board reformat" is whining, period. If it wasn't whining, then he could simply leave and not post/whine about it. I wouldn't expect someone who resorts to calling someone else a "dumb f*ck" to understand though. I remember when I was 15, it was a tough age, but it gets better. Hang in there!!!

So you're the authority on determining what is whining. Where'd you get your badge, diputy? Walmart?

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

Cosmos- don't go. Rational dissenting opinions are always welcome (and good for the board). I share some concerns with you over Franklin- willing to give him time but rational discussion over concerns is fair. As for the board change- it's system wide for all university sites on rivals so I'm not sure what our mods could really do. Give it some time and you'll adapt quickly enough. ;).

Cosmos- don't go. Rational dissenting opinions are always welcome (and good for the board). I share some concerns with you over Franklin- willing to give him time but rational discussion over concerns is fair. As for the board change- it's system wide for all university sites on rivals so I'm not sure what our mods could really do. Give it some time and you'll adapt quickly enough. ;).
"Rational dissenting opinions are always welcome" ?? Concerning football maybe, anything else and one is attacked mindlessly by the pseudo-intellectuals on this board. It is to be expected.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Lastly, please be sure to watch games other than the Penn State’s. It gives you a sense of perspective of where we need to go. On the other hand, if you’re satisfied with 6-6 and mocking Pitt then don’t even bother. By all means, stay inured in your own little cocoon as the rest of college football passes by you, a very disturbing subset of otherwise gracious and knowledgeable Penn Staters. Adios. *[/QUOTE]

Will miss you, brother. And thanks for advising the nitwits to actually watch games other than penn state. so many clearly do not, and then are confounded when reality bites them in the arse. you've been around here about as long as i have (my join date is not when i started with this program.. just when i needed to change id's). again, will miss you.

Thanks for the compliment. I could certainly understand if someone wanted to ditch using the message board because of other posters throwing around juvenile insults but I'm guessing that concept is lost on you.

Reactions: Peter_North
"Rational dissenting opinions are always welcome" ?? Concerning football maybe, anything else and one is attacked mindlessly by the pseudo-intellectuals on this board. It is to be expected.

Well there's going to be some debate and people arguing back and forth is fine so long as they back up their claims. Yeah there are some that go overboard or occasionally come out of left field but that's life. If they can't rationally debate then move on and ignore them.

Here's some music to go with your post. LOL, what a Nancy boy.

Reactions: EPC FAN
The only way I can sum up the post is better to burn out than fade away.

Sorry to see you go Cosmos. Sadly, a few posters are showing their profound and pathetic immaturity in their replies. Franklin can recruit but his game decisions like the Illinois game are puzzling. I believe in giving a coach 5 years.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I'm sorry to hear that Cosmos. I understand your frustration with the new format, and with certain other posters, but I hope you will reconsider. I've read many of your posts. Some I agreed with, some not, but you have added to the collective wisdom of this Board. If you are firm in your decision, I wish you well.

Well said fairgambit. Cosmos has been a good board member.

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$!

What a load of sanctimonious BS. Good riddance!

Cosmos reminds of DJSaxy01 "I'm leaving forever", only to return a month later to continue trolling. DJ leaves forever about 6 times ayear.

Reactions: LionFan96
Cosmos reminds of DJSaxy01 "I'm leaving forever", only to return a month later to continue trolling. DJ leaves forever about 6 times ayear.

For 15 years I've run a small college football message board and we have one member who says every 6 months or so that he's leaving forever in some grand, sanctimonious post. Within a month he's back and all the while he's "gone" I can see through logs that he's still surfing the site. The really amusing things about Cosmos claiming he is gone forever are that a) he can't reply to this thread without looking like a total jackass, and b) I 100% guarantee he is still looking at this board and this topic in particular.

Hi Cosmos! **waves** ;)

Reactions: pnnylion
For 15 years I've run a small college football message board and we have one member who says every 6 months or so that he's leaving forever in some grand, sanctimonious post. Within a month he's back and all the while he's "gone" I can see through logs that he's still surfing the site. The really amusing things about Cosmos claiming he is gone forever are that a) he can't reply to this thread without looking like a total jackass, and b) I 100% guarantee he is still looking at this board and this topic in particular.

Hi Cosmos! **waves** ;)
It is like any other addiction. Good luck kicking this habit on one take. I suppose someone has done it, but to say Adios and never look back would be an achievement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT