I like the looks of that.
Picks
57 - Gilman
65 - Zain
74 - Dake
86 - Brooks
97 - Snyder
125 - Steveson

57 - Gilman will have his hands full with Vito but I believe the weight cut hurts Vito.

65 - Zain looks the best he’s ever looked. I believe he takes out Yianni. If not Nick Lee will.

74 - I see a repeat of last Olympic Trials.

86 - Not sure if Brooks is ready to beat Taylor at Final X but with another year I like his chances at OTT.

97 - I believe Cox is on his way out. Snyder seems to continue to improve.

125 - Didn’t really look like Steveson was trying at the US Open. He’s going to be hard to beat

2024 Olympic Wrestling tickets are available right now for almost all sessions.
French Paris GIF

Special preference? They are 3rd on the list. Season ticket holders are first and there are thousands of those and each can get up to 8 tickets. That should take up at least half of the tickets.
You took me seriously - that was a grave error

State College STILL needs more hotels.
We become the 3rd largest city in the Commonwealth 6x a year. Good biz around here--though I think student apartments is even better. I also can help you out, Willie, if you need a spot locally.

I think you're right. At least I hope so. But this is some big time wrestling and wrestling fans are nuts. I think we may see them over $1000 for a while, but then CARMINE out.
You had the wrong name.....but I corrected it for you :)

Pre-Sale Emails:
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Holders:
Monday, May 15 at 10 a.m. ET
  • Previous USA Wrestling Event Purchase:
Monday, May 15 at Noon ET
  • NLC Member:
Tuesday, May 16 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Alumni:
Wednesday, May 17 at 10 a.m. ET
  • PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Waitlist:
Thursday, May 18 at 10 a.m. ET
I think that's all the pre-sales.
How does Ticketmaster know if you're a PSU alumni?
I never got any notification or saw anywhere to sign up.

How does Ticketmaster know if you're a PSU alumni?
I never got any notification or saw anywhere to sign up.
PSU alumni meaning a recognizes having paid all dues and become a lifetime member of the Alumni Association or currently dues paying member. PSU Alumni not simply meaning a degreed graduate of PSU, or the like.

That said, I think one would have to sign up with a Ticketmaster account, if one doesn't already have one associated with a NLC account. There one could've indicated an affiliations as Alumni. A valid NLC login ID was one's alumni ID. I believe that in the last couple years Ticketmaster made NLC login work (as opposed to requiring a separate one).

And even more recently, I understand the university has been consolidating some of its databases associated with fundraising and communications with Alumni using a more centralized approach vice individual local alumni associations.

If one noted the same primary email contact information for both NLC/Ticketmaster and PSU Alumni accounts, or had previously logged into NLC with their PSU Alumni ID before its consolidation with Ticketmaster, I have to think big data analytics would have little trouble figuring out to whom Ticketmaster should send alumni emails.

That said, if you are a PSU alumni who never joined the NLC and subsequently used Ticketmaster, I believe they wouldn't have auto sent you, as an alumni.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
PSU alumni meaning a recognizes having paid all dues and become a lifetime member of the Alumni Association or currently dues paying member. PSU Alumni not simply meaning a degreed graduate of PSU, or the like.

That said, I think one would have to sign up with a Ticketmaster account, if one doesn't already have one associated with a NLC account. There one could've indicated an affiliations as Alumni. A valid NLC login ID was one's alumni ID. I believe that in the last couple years Ticketmaster made NLC login work (as opposed to requiring a separate one).

And even more recently, I understand the university has been consolidating some of its databases associated with fundraising and communications with Alumni using a more centralized approach vice individual local alumni associations.

If one noted the same primary email contact information for both NLC/Ticketmaster and PSU Alumni accounts, or had previously logged into NLC with their PSU Alumni ID beforeits consolidation with Ticketmaster, I have to think big data analytics would have little trouble figuring out to whom Ticketmaster should send alumni emails.

That said, if you are a PSU alumni who never joined the NLC and subsequently used Ticketmaster, I believe they wouldn't have auto sent you, as an alumni,
So, even though I have a BS & MS, I don't belong to the correct fancypants dues paying clubs, so I'm shut out.
LOL. Figures. Thanks for the explanation.

So, even though I have a BS & MS, I don't belong to the correct fancypants dues paying clubs, so I'm shut out.
Probably that's the case even if my pants are plain.

It's probably standard practice of all University ADs to limit pre-sales to some subset of financial donors according to their records.

I paid for a PSU alumni lifetime membership, --just like a lifetime XM(Sirius)--when first possible. Both were bargains in retrospect. I still donate to PSU in other ways, regardless.

If getting access to reasonable PSU pre-sales is valued, the best deal seems to be donating a modest amount to the NLC. Its pre-sale times usually precede the PSU Alumni Association members'. That's how I used to get my Rec Hall SRO and BJC tickets for home wrestling duals.

I didn't want to start a separate thread so posted here. As I was driving from my NC house to my Hollidaysburg house and approaching Berkley Springs from the south I see a giant billboard of Aaron Brooks about 8 miles south of Berkley Springs. I was concentrating on the very large Aaron (well over 197...ha ha) but did notice it was for a bottled water company. Aaron has an NIL deal. GO Aaron! Couldn't happen to a nicer young man.

Probably that's the case even if my pants are plain.

It's probably standard practice of all University ADs to limit pre-sales to some subset of financial donors according to their records.

I paid for a PSU alumni lifetime membership, --just like a lifetime XM(Sirius)--when first possible. Both were bargains in retrospect. I still donate to PSU in other ways, regardless.

If getting access to reasonable PSU pre-sales is valued, the best deal seems to be donating a modest amount to the NLC. Its pre-sale times usually precede the PSU Alumni Association members'. That's how I used to get my Rec Hall SRO and BJC tickets for home wrestling duals.
All understandable.
I would be much more active in the clubs & donating if I didn't live 2,000 miles away.
When I pop into the occasional home football game or wrestling dual, one of my friends has my ticket waiting for me, or I find seats I like on StubHub.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a separate thread so posted here. As I was driving from my NC house to my Hollidaysburg house and approaching Berkley Springs from the south I see a giant billboard of Aaron Brooks about 8 miles south of Berkley Springs. I was concentrating on the very large Aaron (well over 197...ha ha) but did notice it was for a bottled water company. Aaron has an NIL deal. GO Aaron! Couldn't happen to a nicer young man.
nerf posted it here https://pennstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-winning-11-is-great.174854/post-6379697

All understandable.
I would be much more active in the clubs & donating if I didn't live 2,000 miles away.
When I pop into the occasional home football game or wrestling dual, one of my friends has my ticket waiting for me, or I find seats I like on StubHub.
This is how I roll as well. Put my money & energy into relationships with the fine folk online here, and IRL in State College, be ready with some kind words and willingness to buy a couple rounds, and the Wrestling Community gives back. Peace & thanks to all you fine folk & good friends!

I ended up getting two singles - not together, then two together showed up mandating 3 had to be purchased. So I have 5 and will most likely trying to sell at least two of them at a later date/when the ticks are in my hand...

I ended up getting two singles - not together, then two together showed up mandating 3 had to be purchased. So I have 5 and will most likely trying to sell at least two of them at a later date/when the ticks are in my hand...
Or on your phone. Ticketless event.

Reactions: hlstone
Yeah... If you are a PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Holder you had access to tickets starting at 10 AM on Monday. If you are a Nittany Lion Club member you had access starting at 10 AM on Tuesday. If you are a Penn State Alumni Association member you had access starting at 10 AM today. If you are a PSU wrestling team alumnus you get access starting at 10 AM tomorrow. General Public has access starting at 10 AM on Friday. FWIW... I'm pretty sure the wrestling season ticket holders isn't a fancypants dues paying club! :)

Yeah... If you are a PSU Wrestling Season Ticket Holder you had access to tickets starting at 10 AM on Monday. If you are a Nittany Lion Club member you had access starting at 10 AM on Tuesday. If you are a Penn State Alumni Association member you had access starting at 10 AM today. If you are a PSU wrestling team alumnus you get access starting at 10 AM tomorrow. General Public has access starting at 10 AM on Friday. FWIW... I'm pretty sure the wrestling season ticket holders isn't a fancypants dues paying club! :)
2nd group is people who've bought tickets for USA Wrestling events in the past too. So, if you manage to get a ticket this time, hopefully you'll be on the inside track next time--even if they mistakenly choose a different venue.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT