ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Wrestling Match Thread and USA Wrestlers.

FYI, I set this thread up specifically for Olympic matches. I'll unlock the other thread after wrestling is completed. Wasn't trying to piss anyone off, but folks were commenting on numerous threads. And it was INSANE!
Yes....I understand.......but I was about to get a few likes :( :)

Reactions: Hotshoe
Gilman's bout:

Uguev gets a point as Gilman was put on the clock (BS), 0-1
Gilman with a single gets a push-out, 1-1
Half

Uguev tried a duck, nothing
Uguev tries antoehr, gets Gilman dancing on 1 leg, and gets the TD, 1-3
OOB with 1:47 left
Gilman in on a single, Uguev with a whizzer, , has Uguev dancing, and a push-out, 2-3. 1:23 left
Gilman has another single, and given a push-out, but 2 awarded for the TD, 4-3
Uguev gets a single, Gilman with a whizzer, crazy scramble, and the TD with 7 sec, 4-5
Damn

Looked like Gilman was going to be able to stave off the TD, but lost late

That's a gut punch. Uguev let him hang around and TG almost made him pay. Clutch at the end.

This is like watching figure skating back in the 70's and 80's the last two days. I love Russian people, that said, the officiating is beyond... TG should have never been put on a clock.

Didn't catch that Odunayo Adekuoroye went down in the opening round. That's a big upset on the other side of the bracket from Maroulis.

I finally understand Freestyle, but I cannot understand the shot clock. It always seems as if the more aggressive wrestler is the one penalized.

ouch! Damn it.... get in on that leg and hang on! Really feel for TG, he was on!

Taylor up!

Taylor with a quick attack, but no score.

Amine with a takedown, DT down 2-0.

Taylor gets the exposure, tied 2-2.

Takedown DT, now up 4-2.

Another, now 6-2 after one.

Takedown DT, up 8-2.

And another, and another. Taylor wins 12-2.
ON TO THE SEMI’S!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT