ADVERTISEMENT

Larryrise

Feb 3, 2021
What now? Pipher and Gardner gone...Barraclaugh? Joe Lee goes down a weight?

Oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg

Assuming no transfers, winner of Boone/Barraclough wrestleoff.

Joe hasn't wrestled 157 since his senior year of HS.

Reactions: diggerpup
Matt Lee looked pretty rough at the last NLWC event. I have no clue how he's been doing since then, though.

Dunbar, Boone, Matt, Barraclaugh, a 4 way cage match? Be clear, though, that whoever wins, it will be because the other 3 were not trying. #Yianniexcusemachine.

Reactions: jack66
Best goes out to Berge!!! That is unfortunate. In response to Larryrise obviously losing Berge at this point does not help PSU in next year's team race and the (Winning all 10 weights by 5 pins each PSU rabid fan expectations) Berge has a lot of potentials and will be missed. He ended the year ranked 7th (flo) and with Dellavecchia not coming back, Hidley moving up weights, not sure about Deakin, or of anyone else moving up or coming in I would think He would have started out ranked about 5th which chalks out to 10 points at the tourney. I think if no other great wrestlers entered the conversation and Deakin doesn't come back his ceiling could have been potentially 2nd-4th which could be as high as 18 points if he got a couple of bonus points in there. So his potential will be extremely tough to replace. With that being said I think Berge scored 1.5 points his freshman year and 3 points this year before getting injured. So in reality they are replacing an avg of 2 points which the other guys on the team could potentially beat. I think replacing his potential will be extremely tough because there doesn't appear to be a Starocci type waiting in the background and there isn't anyone in the portal that can do that at this time, nor any incoming freshman. It is interesting that Busiello, Pipher, and Verk are all in the portal whereas right now there is a spot up for grabs. I wonder if that will change things for any of them? I did like the idea of Lee possibly moving down, picking up Griffith at 165 but it sounds like as of right now PSU is out on the Griffith sweepstakes. So it will be interesting. There are killas at 133,141,174,184 (only thing out of them is the need to develop that "finish him" move to get more pins. 125,197,285 I think without a doubt get better next year. AA at 125 & 197, top 3 at 285 (at least has to get in front of Cassioppi). It will all come down to the 3 middleweights. 149,157,165. I think everyone thinks they get better at 149,165 - the question is how much? Now the biggest question is 157. As I type this all out it seems like an even bigger loss. I do think this swings the pendulum back in Iowa's favor until a solution is figured out. Guess it will just have to be some PSU magic!!! Next guy up! I look forward to saying "where did he come from?"

Best goes out to Berge!!! That is unfortunate. In response to Larryrise obviously losing Berge at this point does not help PSU in next year's team race and the (Winning all 10 weights by 5 pins each PSU rabid fan expectations) Berge has a lot of potentials and will be missed. He ended the year ranked 7th (flo) and with Dellavecchia not coming back, Hidley moving up weights, not sure about Deakin, or of anyone else moving up or coming in I would think He would have started out ranked about 5th which chalks out to 10 points at the tourney. I think if no other great wrestlers entered the conversation and Deakin doesn't come back his ceiling could have been potentially 2nd-4th which could be as high as 18 points if he got a couple of bonus points in there. So his potential will be extremely tough to replace. With that being said I think Berge scored 1.5 points his freshman year and 3 points this year before getting injured. So in reality they are replacing an avg of 2 points which the other guys on the team could potentially beat. I think replacing his potential will be extremely tough because there doesn't appear to be a Starocci type waiting in the background and there isn't anyone in the portal that can do that at this time, nor any incoming freshman. It is interesting that Busiello, Pipher, and Verk are all in the portal whereas right now there is a spot up for grabs. I wonder if that will change things for any of them? I did like the idea of Lee possibly moving down, picking up Griffith at 165 but it sounds like as of right now PSU is out on the Griffith sweepstakes. So it will be interesting. There are killas at 133,141,174,184 (only thing out of them is the need to develop that "finish him" move to get more pins. 125,197,285 I think without a doubt get better next year. AA at 125 & 197, top 3 at 285 (at least has to get in front of Cassioppi). It will all come down to the 3 middleweights. 149,157,165. I think everyone thinks they get better at 149,165 - the question is how much? Now the biggest question is 157. As I type this all out it seems like an even bigger loss. I do think this swings the pendulum back in Iowa's favor until a solution is figured out. Guess it will just have to be some PSU magic!!! Next guy up! I look forward to saying "where did he come from?"
Beautiful, long post that comes to no conclusion lol.

Paragraph breaks can be F**.

Isn't it obvious? David Carr slips right in. :)

And when Griffith transfers, we will have 6 returning National Champions.
But Flo still has Iowa, Michigan and Ohio state ranked ahead of PSU to start the year.

Reactions: danoftw
Which tells me someone in that room puts it on him especially with Berge done. Or it may mean he was informed someone is transferring in???

Pipher was always a spot starter here depending on injuries usually and in that role, he's improved to the point where he was a Scuffle finalist and pinned a great wrestler in Markus Hartman. Truthfully, he's probably a 149 anyways and should pursue that elsewhere.

Which tells me someone in that room puts it on him especially with Berge done. Or it may mean he was informed someone is transferring in???
Or maybe he doesn't want to pay PSU nonresident tuition for grad school.

Reactions: Ski
Or maybe he doesn't want to pay PSU nonresident tuition for grad school.

People always seem to ignore that issue. None (or hardly any) of the wrestlers are on full ships. Tuition and Room & Board are expensive, even for in state kids.

Reactions: garw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT