ADVERTISEMENT

157 just got Trimmed

Vais just tweeted about it.

Cowbell are in L-burg today?

where did you see that info? Just looked at Flo Arena and he still in the bracket

I would trust Cowbell on this a lot more than Flo. Particularly since the weigh-in probably occurred very recently..

Wow..he inelgible for at large bid as well..he didn't meet standards I believe...

Edit..Oops..forgot..if you don't wrestle conference championships, you are ineligible for NCAAs

He had some nice wins vs Jojo, Lavallee and Short. 13-1 with 2 mds and the rest decisions. An early loss against Barnes of Oklahoma. (thank you wrestlestat)

Wow..he inelgible for at large bid as well..he didn't meet standards I believe...

Edit..Oops..forgot..if you don't wrestle conference championships, you are ineligible for NCAAs
Good edit, phish. You are correct.

But Kutler absolutely would have made the at large. There are only 3-4 wreslters ahead of him....all would have to lose for him not to have made it. That 3-4 would include Nolf and Kemerer. Kutler was a solid AA 2-5 candidate.

Good edit, phish. You are correct.

But Kutler absolutely would have made the at large. There are only 3-4 wreslters ahead of him....all would have to lose for him not to have made it. That 3-4 would include Nolf and Kemerer. Kutler was a solid AA 2-5 candidate.

Wondering if you or anyone can answer this definitvely..

Kutler is ineligible for NCAA because he not wrestling in conference championships.

Let's say he did wrestle and didn't get qualifying spot. He then would be eligible for an "at large bid."

Who decides the at large bids? Do they go by standards? In other words, Kutler is not Gold standard since he didn't meet RPI. So he is silver standard by my calculations. When voting on at large bids, do they go thru the gold standard people first, then silver, then bronze? Or do they go by who is ranked the highest in coaching poll?

Curious

Wondering if you or anyone can answer this definitvely..

Kutler is ineligible for NCAA because he not wrestling in conference championships.

Let's say he did wrestle and didn't get qualifying spot. He then would be eligible for an "at large bid."

Who decides the at large bids? Do they go by standards? In other words, Kutler is not Gold standard since he didn't meet RPI. So he is silver standard by my calculations. When voting on at large bids, do they go thru the gold standard people first, then silver, then bronze? Or do they go by who is ranked the highest in coaching poll?

Curious
Kutler earned a 157 allocation for EIWA, so he was a gold standard.

Answering 2 posts...

A wrestler earns a slot as Silver Standard too.

For pish...after the qualifying tournaments are done, Gold/silver Standard is not used. All the metrics are recalculated, more criteria is added, and Bronze Standard is determined. All guys that meet it are stackranked, and the at-large are determined.

In case anyone cares the flo stream of this works.

Im sitting here with the dashboard up and watching the wrestling which makes life real easy.

I would say there are a couple hundred folks here for the first session.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
stood next to Gabe Dean....Im not small but I felt like it. I might have to go to the gym in between sessions d@mn. listened to two lehigh guys argue about Dean vs Nickal. fun evesdropping for sure.

nice showing in first round for D4 kids with Walter, Preisch and Hoffman all advancing.

Reactions: diggerpup
harner doesnt have the look of a guy who will make noise at NCaas this year. shame.

...Kutler supposedly listed as MedFor...so can he still enter the NCAAs?...
...or did he still hafta weighin?...

...Kutler supposedly listed as MedFor...so can he still enter the NCAAs?...
...or did he still hafta weighin?...
He's done.

The only reason he's listed as MFF in the brackets is because the brackets were already finalized, so they had to enter something for how the other guy advanced.

then he tried to go toss monster and fell like a redwood with his back planted. Fun round overall. this round is fun too.

Pretty cool....that's typically a "Greco-Romania" throw, no?

BTW, I know US Greco-Roman wrestler Ellis Coleman (see vid below) is sometimes called the "Flying Squirrel" because of this move....but did he invent the move or is it something he made famous by using it so often?

I always figured the move pre-dated Coleman and he just made it more famous by using it so often, but honestly I don't know that much about Greco-Romania....if he actually invented the move, that's pretty impressive (because it has been used by others from time to time - kid used it at G-R World Jr's a couple years ago to win with only like 10 seconds remaining if I remember correctly (there was a big hub-bub at the time). Think it's a "5-Point Throw" in G-R.

BTW, I know US Greco-Roman wrestler Ellis Coleman (see vid below) is sometimes called the "Flying Squirrel" because of this move....but did he invent the move or is it something he made famous by using it so often?

I always figured the move pre-dated Coleman and he just made it more famous by using it so often, but honestly I don't know that much about Greco-Romania....if he actually invented the move, that's pretty impressive (because it has been used by others from time to time - kid used it at G-R World Jr's a couple years ago to win with only like 10 seconds remaining if I remember correctly (there was a big hub-bub at the time). Think it's a "5-Point Throw" in G-R.

OPRF grad and Olympian Ellis Coleman is the inventor of the "Flying Squirrel".

We called it the "holy shit" cause a kid i knew hit that same move a few times during some summer freestyle tournaments when we were kids. Not nearly as fluid as coleman but got the same results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT