ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting. Just my two cents: it’s Yianni, then a gap to Gomez & Sasso, then a gap to the next 5 guys or so. IMHO, there’s no reason SVN isn’t neck and neck with those next five guys.

WE ARE!!!

Yeah, Sasso seems to kill people not at his tier--but remember our undersized 149 hero the last 2 years had 2 very, very close matches w/ Sammy. SVN looks like he might be a "large" 149. In our system over a year, he has hopefully developed sounder technique and defense to go along with his pace and kamikaze approach to scoring points. If so, I say look out to anyone not named Yianni.

Reactions: Ja1339
Yeah, Sasso seems to kill people not at his tier--but remember our undersized 149 hero the last 2 years had 2 very, very close matches w/ Sammy. SVN looks like he might be a "large" 149. In our system over a year, he has hopefully developed sounder technique and defense to go along with his pace and kamikaze approach to scoring points. If so, I say look out to anyone not named Yianni.
Nick can train him on how to beat Yianni.

If SVN can roll with Nick Lee and Zain Retherford and not get absolutely smashed, he can AA.

Willie's podcast a while back seemed to indicate that Cael was pleased with SVN's progression.

If SVN can roll with Nick Lee and Zain Retherford and not get absolutely smashed, he can AA.

Willie's podcast a while back seemed to indicate that Cael was pleased with SVN's progression.
I think SVN does AA this year. I’m gonna hold off on putting him up with the top 3 at 149 for now. But, ya never know!

WE ARE!!!

Cael was pleased with SVN's progression.
giphy.gif

Nick and Zain wrecked a lot of AAs, so Van Ness can make the podium either way.

OTOH, PD3 got absolutely smashed -- regularly! -- without facing either of them.

Per the new Intermat forum, Mark Manning put out a video saying they are likely redshirting Lovett.

Per the new Intermat forum, Mark Manning put out a video saying they are likely redshirting Lovett.
If you watched the FLO program......they basically doubted Askren's word by saying that this is Nebraska's best team and has a chance for a trophy so they need Lovett in the lineup this year. Ben's response was.....Yanni will be gone next year and Ridge wants to be NCAA Champ. It seems clear that it certainly wasn't the coaches decision to redshirt.

If you watched the FLO program......they basically doubted Askren's word by saying that this is Nebraska's best team and has a chance for a trophy so they need Lovett in the lineup this year. Ben's response was.....Yanni will be gone next year and Ridge wants to be NCAA Champ. It seems clear that it certainly wasn't the coaches decision to redshirt.
I'm not doubting this, but Lovett has Jr eligibility this year. Even if he doesn't RS, he will get his shot after Yanni graduates next year.

I'm not doubting this, but Lovett has Jr eligibility this year. Even if he doesn't RS, he will get his shot after Yanni graduates next year.
Just reporting what was said on FLO. Ben was very confident in his prediction. The rest were doubting. Ben was right. Strong insinuation that it was Lovett's call

Nebraska's best team, minus one shirting starter, lost at home to North Dakota State.

That sound you hear is Jammen jumping back on the Goofer bandwagon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT