ADVERTISEMENT

11:00 AM starting time gamee

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Those of us who have been fans for a long time, 60 years for me, have seen the Lions lay a lot of eggs on morning 🌄 starts.
We also laid a few eggs at Illinois. IMO, this was a very good win, given our history.
Our OL was not outstanding, but our QB did not try to win the game. He took what was given.

This team has a chance to be great.

Those of us who have been fans for a long time, 60 years for me, have seen the Lions lay a lot of eggs on morning 🌄 starts.
We also laid a few eggs at Illinois. IMO, this was a very good win, given our history.
Our OL was not outstanding, but our QB did not try to win the game. He took what was given.

This team has a chance to be great.
Agreed. ILL, despite their early season problems, always plays well against us as does BB. I didn't post my notes but a few thoughts:
  • two unsportsmanlike penalties
  • several dropped passes, a couple at key times
  • we couldn't block #4. at 6-2 and 295, that kid can jump!
  • the penalty against KLS was a 10 to 14-point turnaround. we were deep in ILL territory and would have had a 3rd and few but the penalty put us at 3rd and 17. We were forced to make a long pass then had to try a 52 yard FG. Not being able to loft the kick, it was blocked (by #4), and that gave ILL momentum to go in and score their only TD.
  • We still covered the spread
KLS has done dumb things a few times. He needs to grow up as a #1 receiver and become a leader. He's not there yet. Allar seemed to get a bit rattled with all of the O mistakes. maybe rattled is too strong but he was never in a rhythm. I am not sure of the deal with #4 but he's an outstanding DL and is as good as anyone we'll play but not sure why we couldn't adjust and contain him a little.

Each game is different. A W is a W. It is good to have a bad game, and still beat the spread, before taking on a quality opponent.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Colorado USC kickoff is 9:00 AM LOCAL. Wowza.
That is USC time. jsut to be clear the game is at colorado, no? starting time there is 10:00am

BTW, our NW game just got announced for 12 which is 11 in Chicago.

That is USC time. jsut to be clear the game is at colorado, no? starting time there is 10:00am

Gonna be interesting to see how the conference handles that for the west coast teams next season. 8 am pacific kickoffs? Maybe it will help kill off Big Noon…

Gonna be interesting to see how the conference handles that for the west coast teams next season. 8 am pacific kickoffs? Maybe it will help kill off Big Noon…
you mean 9am (noon eastern)?

I would suspect that the B1G will try to cover all three time zones. So most games will be at 3:30 or 7 EST for west coast teams unless they are playing in the EST. So the B1G will pull in ratings from noon until 1:00 am EST. I can also see the B1G playing more Thursday and Friday night games. I think you are going to see the B1G become their own network while still trying to play nice with ESPN and the traditional networks.

I would suspect that the B1G will try to cover all three time zones. So most games will be at 3:30 or 7 EST for west coast teams unless they are playing in the EST. So the B1G will pull in ratings from noon until 1:00 am EST. I can also see the B1G playing more Thursday and Friday night games. I think you are going to see the B1G become their own network while still trying to play nice with ESPN and the traditional networks.

Yes. Mathing is hard on Mondays.

either way, still way early for the kids who play. like i stated in a different thread, we still have our pajamas on at that hour on Saturday.

We lived in the KC area for 9 years. I could have gone to all Chiefs' games, 12:00PM start, free, but the noon time would have made us miss church. We went to the 3:00 PM games but had to quit.
Drunken, cussing fans were not appropriate for our 3 girls. When you complained, they asked you if you want to move instead of talking to the people slinging F bombs and spilling beer on your kids.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24

I think the schools with big crowds will want Saturday games because of the financial impact on their communities. I spent a lot of money in State College from 7:00 AM until game time. Even more on Friday in the restaurants.

Reactions: Obliviax
either way, still way early for the kids who play. like i stated in a different thread, we still have our pajamas on at that hour on Saturday.
Yeah the mountain and pacific time zone schools need to tell Fox where to go with their big noon kickoff. Staring games at 10 am, (which Colorado is scheduled to do twice this year. 9am for USC in pac time), is crazy. Imagine if Penn State was scheduled two 10am games at the Beav this year. On top of that it kills off the PSU/ OSU and PSU/ Mich games as night games.

Yeah the mountain and pacific time zone schools need to tell Fox where to go with their big noon kickoff. Staring games at 10 am, (which Colorado is scheduled to do twice this year. 9am for USC in pac time), is crazy. Imagine if Penn State was scheduled two 10am games at the Beav this year. On top of that it kills off the PSU/ OSU and PSU/ Mich games as night games.
I don't know if you've been to a west coast game but the fan support isn't the best. Especially in LA. My bet is that there are very few games on the west coast that aren't in the 3:30 or 7:30 time slots. When they play on the East Coast at 9am PST, nobody cares because they don't get good ratings anyway.

I don't know if you've been to a west coast game but the fan support isn't the best. Especially in LA. My bet is that there are very few games on the west coast that aren't in the 3:30 or 7:30 time slots. When they play on the East Coast at 9am PST, nobody cares because they don't get good ratings anyway.
I’ve been to games a UDub, Oregon State and Colorado. Haven’t been to the LA schools but I know their attendance is usually horrible at UcLA and so- so at USC depending on opponent. I just can’t imagine a 10 am kick becoming something fairly normal. Hell, PSU students can barely get to a noon kickoff. ;)

I’ve been to games a UDub, Oregon State and Colorado. Haven’t been to the LA schools but I know their attendance is usually horrible at UcLA and so- so at USC depending on opponent. I just can’t imagine a 10 am kick becoming something fairly normal. Hell, PSU students can barely get to a noon kickoff. ;)
I agree. When they come EST they’ll get the 3:30 or 7:30 slot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT