ADVERTISEMENT

10 Things Vais/Christian Pyles learned at Madison (from Flo) ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
an interesting article posted by Christian on Flo. You can access it at THIS LINK.

For those too lazy to click on links, below is his 3rd point.

Enjoy

Tom

3. Zain Retherford is going to be GREAT at 149.
Maybe that’s not a revelation for all of you, and it certainly isn’t to me, but I thought he looked great once again at 66. Willie and I have gone back and forth on this on FRL. He thinks Zain is too small for 149. I strongly disagree. Aaron Pico himself said he’s one of the strongest guys he’s ever wrestled in his life. That’s high praise from Pico who has been snapping World Champs on their face for awhile now. He was good at 141, but now his physique is much more developed. I know Tsirtsis got the win a few years back, but if you don’t think Zain is a different animal now, I don’t know what to tell ya. I think he may be the favorite going in.

Absolutely agree Tom, also of relevance to this forum should be that Cenzo beat the same Ashnault that Stroker was given such praise just for scoring on. Cenzo is a beast already. Too bad he ran into ZPain there. It's going to be great in 2 years when we go ZPain, Cenzo, Nolf, Nickal, Cutch, Cassar, Nevills just in case any of you are worried about the post Megaludis era. Really could insert any Frosh lightweights we take out of Pletcher, Red, Suriano and still should be a strong contendor, if not favorites. Sorry for long ramble, bottom line is Cenzo could have been a takeaway as well from Madison

Absolutely agree Tom, also of relevance to this forum should be that Cenzo beat the same Ashnault that Stroker was given such praise just for scoring on. Cenzo is a beast already. Too bad he ran into ZPain there. It's going to be great in 2 years when we go ZPain, Cenzo, Nolf, Nickal, Cutch, Cassar, Nevills just in case any of you are worried about the post Megaludis era. Really could insert any Frosh lightweights we take out of Pletcher, Red, Suriano and still should be a strong contendor, if not favorites. Sorry for long ramble, bottom line is Cenzo could have been a takeaway as well from Madison
Don't forget Manville. He may well take over 174, with Nickal going 184 and Cutch and Cassar battling for 197. Great problem to have!

Don't forget Manville. He may well take over 174, with Nickal going 184 and Cutch and Cassar battling for 197. Great problem to have!
I'm still picturing Cutch coming down to 174 when Nickal finally grows into 184.

I'm still picturing Cutch coming down to 174 when Nickal finally grows into 184.
Also, in my original post, I forgot about Stout, who may also be in the equation for 197, and Rasheed at 174. Have no idea if Cutch can get down to 174 or, if so, how he would match up against Manville or Rasheed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT