ADVERTISEMENT

“Very” overrated stadium...

Kyle Field gets loud as hell not just cause the all the screaming skinheads but also cause that stadium is built like straight up to the sky vertically. Michigan is quiet cause their stadium looks like it was stepped on by Paul Punyan.

Kyle Field gets loud as hell not just cause the all the screaming skinheads but also cause that stadium is built like straight up to the sky vertically. Michigan is quiet cause their stadium looks like it was stepped on by Paul Punyan.

Same thing with Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. That stadium has to be the steepest freaking stadium. If zoning regulations say that grade has to be no more than say a 50 degree angle, then LSU's upper deck is exactly at that max angle. You literally feel like you will fall forward when walking down the steps in that upper deck.

I first went to michigan stadium in 1996 for the Penn State game. Overrated stadium experience. I’ve been there a few times since. Overrated.

And the michigan band is nothing compared to the Blue Band.

Not to defend the suckeyes, people in general got fatter. If you are ever picking seats in Beaver Stadium, never, ever pick the seats at the end of the row near the aisle. You be lucky if you get one cheek on them most times.
Me included. My post was sarcastic but hints of truth in the post.

I first went to michigan stadium in 1996 for the Penn State game. Overrated stadium experience. I’ve been there a few times since. Overrated.

And the michigan band is nothing compared to the Blue Band.

I wonder if their band members got sent to the rape doctor too.

I DO NOT appreciate the skinheads comment at all!!! My son is a senior at A&M and is in the Corp of Cadets. He earned an Army ROTC Scholarship! He is going to serve his country. You should think twice and choice your words more carefully. GIG 'EM!!!

Additionally, Kyle Field and the Aggie fans are the second best college football experience I have ever been apart of, only second to Penn State.

I DO NOT appreciate the skinheads comment at all!!! My son is a senior at A&M and is in the Corp of Cadets. He earned an Army ROTC Scholarship! He is going to serve his country. You should think twice and choice your words more carefully. GIG 'EM!!!

Additionally, Kyle Field and the Aggie fans are the second best college football experience I have ever been apart of, only second to Penn State.
OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing with Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. That stadium has to be the steepest freaking stadium. If zoning regulations say that grade has to be no more than say a 50 degree angle, then LSU's upper deck is exactly at that max angle. You literally feel like you will fall forward when walking down the steps in that upper deck.

Is it as wild as it looks on a Saturday Night in Baton Rouge? On my college football bucket list to go take in a game at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday Night ... Really wishing PSU would do a home/home with LSU so I could see PSU play there

I've been to the Big House six(?) times. It is definitely an iconic stadium and worth going to. Is it loud compared to some major college stadiums (e.g. UNC)? Sure. But it is also much bigger than most college stadiums. It is not louder than PSU or OSU. I've been at multiple PSU games where my ears were ringing after the game like I had been at a rock concert all evening. That just doesn't happen at UM.

Bad choice of the word "skinheads". It conjures up a stereotype that is not true of their university or fans.

Is it as wild as it looks on a Saturday Night in Baton Rouge? On my college football bucket list to go take in a game at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday Night ... Really wishing PSU would do a home/home with LSU so I could see PSU play there

I’d go, but I would need to wear loose shorts.

e8a3d7bcffcbc4623325a23d26fb8761.jpg

Ahley_1.jpg

yes... with a capital YES. Overall Penn State has a better tailgate area. Baton Rouge/Tiger Stadium like most of the SEC schools is located right on campus, so the tailgate scene is spread out over hundreds of smaller lots. But they get rowdy and as their reputation precedes them, "those cajuns can eat & drink".

I would 100% recommend Tiger Stadium - LSU as a game to go see. During the game the crowd NEVER stops. Their band is going 100%. And their band plays songs that their fan-base has choreographed to dance moves / chants. And again, it's non-stop. I got tired watching them. For example, the band will play one jingle and that jingle correlates to the fans moving their arms in a certain pattern. EVERY time the band plays that particular jingle (like 100 times during the game), all their fans just mindlessly move their arms in perfectly synced motion.

As a Penn State fan, I would begrudgingly say that LSU's in-game experience blows ours away. Our overall scene is better when you add on the tailgates. But the in-game at LSU is 3 hours of non-stop screaming & hysteria. No piped in rock-jocks loud-speaker music. It's all 100% the Tiger Band & the fans.

I've been to the Big House six(?) times. It is definitely an iconic stadium and worth going to. Is it loud compared to some major college stadiums (e.g. UNC)? Sure. But it is also much bigger than most college stadiums. It is not louder than PSU or OSU. I've been at multiple PSU games where my ears were ringing after the game like I had been at a rock concert all evening. That just doesn't happen at UM.
Didn't your ears ring from the deafening roar of the car keys dangling during their "key plays" tinkle cheer? Wind chimes are louder.

All jokes aside, I respect your sons call to duty and how behind him you are. And when I say behind him I dont mean that tongue in cheek like as in right behind him doing nut2butt with the other doughboys...

+ liked

The poster is a flaming troll.

In 2016 in a two-month time frame, I attended:
Minnesota @ PSU.
Week off
Stanford @ND.
Ohio State @ Penn State.
Clemson @ Florida State
Alabama @LSU.
Week off
Oklahoma @ West Virginia.
Week off
Penn State-Wisconsin Big 10 CG

Penn State-Ohio State White Out atmosphere > Alabama night game @ LSU.

The scenery is tremendous at FSU and LSU.

Was at Michigan In ‘94 - yea that game !!

went to bathroom right before half and missed a third of the third quarter!

Had a ton of fun tailgating after that game though !!!!!!!

I have done that. It was the night of the 2014 psu osu game. LSU was playing Ole Miss when Ole Miss was number 1 in the country..

The LSU Saturday night experience should be on every CFB fans bucket list no matter what their rooting interest is. Bill King when he had his show said that when you go to LSU on a Saturday night you don't leave the same person. That may be a bit of an exaggeration but it was insane. And the earlier poster was spot on about the upper deck .It is steep

Reactions: bwifan and psu00
Perhaps the author of this piece wasn't around in 1993When Michigan came in for the first meeting and PSU was hit with one, maybe two excessive noise penalties. I remember because I was there.

Was at that game...our 1000th game and my senior year. Very much highlighted Paterno‘s stubbornness...4 straight runs up the middle from the half yard line - BIG momentum killer before the half. Also didn’t help that nobody seemed to be able Ty Wheatley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT