ADVERTISEMENT

“ESPN scrambling to figure out programming while live sports shut down indefinitely”

See the link below. From the article:

“Long cancellations could be bad news for both ESPN and the traditional pay-TV ecosystem as live sports has kept millions of Americans from cutting the cord on cable.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/esp...ramming-amid-coronavirus-sports-shutdown.html

May coronavirus burn espn down to the ground.
I’d be fine with that, except I have kids who love Disney. And Disney World. And Disney Cruises. And Star Wars. And God-Knows-What-Else. And the markets LOVE Disney. And Disney would just pass on the negative impact of ESPN truly burning.

It’s a conflict.

I favor reform over revolution. But I otherwise agree with your sentiment. Get rid of Stephen A., Fowler, make Herstreit wear a scarlet O, disband the Astros, add 4 teams to the playoff, get rid of half the bowl games, disband the NCAA or compensate for all PSU’s losses, .... hey, this is sorta fun...

They absolutely need to bring back Aussie rules football!!!! (Has their season been cancelled?)
Only one case in Aus. so far. Imagine it could be brutal if the virus takes hold with all the air pollution from the fires affecting people's lungs.
I was thinking what ESPN could broadcast. Southern Hemisphere is the least affected so South American soccer, Aussie football, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00
I see a lot of my future surfing over channels showing dudes playing poker.

There’s a better option.
6c43c7280db27eab1c866eef95e2aa70--sports-stars-a-tv.jpg

Only one case in Aus. so far. Imagine it could be brutal if the virus takes hold with all the air pollution from the fires affecting people's lungs.
I was thinking what ESPN could broadcast. Southern Hemisphere is the least affected so South American soccer, Aussie football, etc.
1 case in all of Australia??? Try 128 according to yesterday's NY Times. Tom Hanks and wife are two of them, right?

Actually, probably will see a ton of lawsuits flying in a couple of months once this settles down. The amount of money that Fox and ESPN, and the local Comcast sports net and other regional sports carriers paid for content was astronomical. That is now gone for X weeks of time costing 100's of millions of dollars. Companies paid for advertising on those programs no longer happening, etc....way, way too much money at stake for some huge lawsuits not to happen.

They're gonna have to show virtual sports and video games and what not. Someone is gonna make a killing if they can package that the right way. Get Tony Romo to call Madden games between the best players. Set up online gambling...

I'm thinking it's time to finally fully take in The Sopranos or Game of Thrones.

They're gonna have to show virtual sports and video games and what not. Someone is gonna make a killing if they can package that the right way. Get Tony Romo to call Madden games between the best players. Set up online gambling...

I'm thinking it's time to finally fully take in The Sopranos or Game of Thrones.
Until the computers get a virus....

Reactions: odshowtime
as of now the AFL is scheduled to go on without crowds but that may still change

would love to go see the Blues play at the McG!
Me too--doubt it will ever happen. But I do have a Carlton polo shirt a friend of mine bought for me while Down Under.

as of now the AFL is scheduled to go on without crowds but that may still change

would love to go see the Blues play at the McG!
I saw a playoff game (called Finals I think) between St. Kilda and Collingwood. It was fun and the MCG was really big, but certainly didn't have an american football playoff game feel. Also, so weird that there was no tailgating whatsoever.

Now *that's* a mark....
mark of the year 2011 I think I read

you mentioned a Carlton polo, that's awesome, I ordered a cheap Carlton tshirt online from the only place I could find one with sane shipping a couple of years ago

See the link below. From the article:

“Long cancellations could be bad news for both ESPN and the traditional pay-TV ecosystem as live sports has kept millions of Americans from cutting the cord on cable.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/esp...ramming-amid-coronavirus-sports-shutdown.html

May coronavirus burn espn down to the ground.
Historically, slow news days have led ESPN to run with wild sex abuse speculation. There are a few schools that perhaps should be worried?

Reactions: odshowtime
They have six cases, according to the Johns Hopkins site this evening. I thought I saw where they had 40 - some cases last week. Not sure what this means

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT