ADVERTISEMENT

“49ers suspend radio analyst Tim Ryan for Lamar Jackson comments"

To the contrary ...ask Richard Sherman what he saw and whether arms were a factor. Yahoo sports.
This Richard Sherman?
"But if you're saying, this is a brown ball, they're wearing dark colors and he has a brown arm, honestly, sometimes we were having trouble seeing it on film."

On FILM!! SEE THAT? Even Sherman is in agreement! Can you show me where he says, we could not find the guy with the ball DURING THE F*****G GAME ???

Last I checked, it does not hurt your tackling unless you cannot see it from 5 to 15 yards away. If the cameraman can't see it but the DT can, the ball carrier gets tackled.

I never said the guy was racist, but it was a stupid thing to say.

This Richard Sherman?
"But if you're saying, this is a brown ball, they're wearing dark colors and he has a brown arm, honestly, sometimes we were having trouble seeing it on film."

On FILM!! SEE THAT? Even Sherman is in agreement! Can you show me where he says, we could not find the guy with the ball DURING THE F*****G GAME ???

Last I checked, it does not hurt your tackling unless you cannot see it from 5 to 15 yards away. If the cameraman can't see it but the DT can, the ball carrier gets tackled.

But the question is, did Richard Sherman actually say that? I'm not saying that he didn't, but I'm saying that I don't know.

I saw a clip today of Richard Sherman commenting on the Tim Ryan thing and although he basically said that too big a deal is made of it and that Tim Ryan is a good guy (Sherman played for lots of years in SF where Ryan worked), Sherman didn't say that stuff in that quote nor did he say that he said it in the past.

But the question is, did Richard Sherman actually say that? I'm not saying that he didn't, but I'm saying that I don't know.

I saw a clip today of Richard Sherman commenting on the Tim Ryan thing and although he basically said that too big a deal is made of it and that Tim Ryan is a good guy (Sherman played for lots of years in SF where Ryan worked), Sherman didn't say that stuff in that quote nor did he say that he said it in the past.
It is from the exact same Yahoo article the poster referred me to. So is it all bullshit? Dunno. But he can't cite it to me as supporting his point when it supports mine.

https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-sh...nt-on-lamar-jacksons-skin-tone-234159525.html

This Richard Sherman?

Quit taking shortcuts and keep reading.

“100 percent it’s an issue,” Sherman said of defenders having difficulty locating the ball when playing against Jackson. “What he presented — that’s why it wasn’t that offensive. Because what he was saying was a great point.”

This one douche
Funny he does not say "I, Richard Sherman, could not see the ball on this play, or that play, and it hurt us, or cost us the game."

And, of course, he disagrees with those like you who are just fine with what the guy said.

Your guy says he said the wrong thing. Lol.

Funny he does not say "I, Richard Sherman, could not see the ball on this play, or that play, and it hurt us, or cost us the game."

And, of course, he disagrees with those like you who are just fine with what the guy said.

Your guy says he said the wrong thing. Lol.
Hahahahaha. No doubt ur a lawyer. Instead of admittting the guy said it was a factor u now come up with alternative facts. He endorses what the guy said. U spin it however you want to help u sleep. Having you make this weak post is all the satisfaction I need. Until next time sir.

Hahahahaha. No doubt ur a lawyer. Instead of admittting the guy said it was a factor u now come up with alternative facts. He endorses what the guy said. U spin it however you want to help u sleep. Having you make this weak post is all the satisfaction I need. Until next time sir.
He said the guy was wrong to talk about it that way. Your source is where the facts are coming from. Why does the zone read EVER work? Because even WHITE QBs fool the other teams players about where the ball is. Since they dont have the brown skin asvantage, how can that be? Lol.

SFY has different people on from time to time and one is a guy named Rich Ohrnberger who played OL at PSU and then in the NFL for some years. I had no idea he went to PSU until on one of these segments he referred to going to PSU as he finished his bit and threw it to Arrington. So here's a segment (about Antonio Brown, who I'm not really interested in but that's not the point) where 2 of the 4 commenters are PSU guys.

Also, here's an article Ohrnberger wrote after Andrew Luck retired and got booed. (It says By Sam Farmer at the top but the beginning of the article makes clear it's Ohrnberger speaking.) He details all the injuries he went through. I can't blame these guys for retiring early.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/stor...-retirement-rich-ohrnberger-injuries-reaction

The casual racism here by the boomers is not a good look for Penn State fans. Some of you seem proud of your ignorance.
Nice generalization, but like generalizations everywhere, it's untrue.

I'm a boomer, and I assure you that I despise this willful ignorance as much or more than you do. But it's not generational, or even regional- it just is.

Reactions: mn78psu83
.."......that little monkey can run".<<
Is that his exact quote?

I watched it live and I believe the player's name was Alvin Garrett, who was like the Darren Sproiles of his day. From what I remember, Washington broke free on a run or punt return and said: "Look at the little monkey run...' If I am wrong, it was very close to that...and even I, as like an 8-year old kid raised an eyebrow...

It comes down to the history of the black QB in the NFL. Heck, my sister's boyfriend (from North Carolina -- to tie into that conversation about the south in another thread) used to tell me that the Steelers would never be anything with Kordell Stewart at QB -- because of his skin color, not his lack of talent.

I don't necessarily think Ryan meant anything derogatory when he made that statement. But I do think in hindsight, he realized it was a mistake.

It was a mistake because any mention of skin color is considered racism when it comes from a white person.

How hard is it to simply not mention skin color or race? I mean I go all day every day without doing it. I just cannot imagine how stupid you have to be to go on the radio and say this. These unforced errors people commit all the time really blow my mind. Just don’t talk about race or skin color period. It’s the easiest thing to do and takes literally no effort.

It''s super easy, but I have an advantage... not being a Democrat.

I hope you're not a Republican either- belonging to or believing in either party is for the learning disabled.

It’s a test board sort it discussion, but I don’t belong to either. I just found it hilarious to see people "like" that post who are card carrying members of a political party that constantly brings up race.

It’s a test board sort it discussion, but I don’t belong to either. I just found it hilarious to see people "like" that post who are card carrying members of a political party that constantly brings up race.
both do the same thing- red meat for their respective bases- the 20% on either fringe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT