ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LIV Golf and PGA Merge

There are also rumors that LIV won't last the summer and is only continuing until the Saudi's are happy with what they hear from the PGA. PGA tour leadership could screw up a two car funeral, and you can tell the leaders/faces of LIV (Norman and Mickelson) are lying because their lips are moving.
first, I like a lot of the LIV players. I think Phil was brilliant in taking the bank because he is at the end of his career. And, at the same time, the PGA hasn't been great about supporting US players and created this entire "global game". The PGA is also the ones that wouldn't recognize LIV play and once you left the tour you were out for life. The easy fix is to just make LIV another recognized tour where players can opt in or out on a yearly basis.

I can't stand the LIV product. While the golf is good, it looks very USFL-ish. The shorts, the music, the teams. It all looks like a carnival to me. But I do recognize the value of glowing global into the middle east and asia. Formula One is making a killing.

Frankly, it was just as fun watching Malnati win this weekend as it would have been watching Rahm and Brooks. I don't care what tour they play on.

Film Study - Andy Kotelnicki Sugar Huddles

Agreed. I am not saying it is right but I always think offenses let the defenses settle because so much of offense these days is based on reading the defense. Zone or man-to-man? Who has single coverage? Tight or lax corners? Safties up or back in coverage? Is somebody blitzing? All of those go into the read and routes.

In this offense, like we are hearing about making the D react, we come up and run a play looking to catch the defense off guard. In the early part of the video, the run unbalanced with often takes the D a few seconds to read. Who is on the ball and how many do you have left and right of him? Then you need to align the DL. In all of that, you miss the coverages of WRs.

You also see a lot of value in RBs who can get out on a pattern and catch a pass. If you had to stack WRs, you can tip the offense. But if you keep a Singleton, Qinton Martin or Corey Smith in there (who can run from the backfield or run a great route from the wideout position) you've really got the D having to make a lot of reads and adjustments to not get caught out of position.

The pendulum swinging back the other way.
Another huge advantage: if you run this just five times per game you force defenses to spend a lot of valuable practice time the week before.

And that gets into players heads creating doubt and confusion. Almost makes them fear it more,

Idea for stalling

First of all - Why do we have a stall warning?

In football if you do not get the play off in the allotted time -they do not warn you. You get a 5 yard penalty.

In basketball if you do not get a shot off in 24 seconds, they do not warn you - you lose the ball.

Also, make each stalling call worth a point more than the previous one. First one is 1 point. The second one is 2 points etc. That will eliminate a lot of stalling.

Get rid of the random stalemate call. If neither guy can move, then fine call it a stalemate. If one guy is trying to improve and the other is holding on to stop action and not get scored on - call it stalling and then restart them. There is no reason that a guy should be able to simply hold onto another guy to stop him from improving and get away with it.

Don't tell me in a front headlock position that neither guy can improve.

Only ESPN

I've been aware Edwardo and Online were the same person, as well ... this instance was just definitive proof, unless he plagiarized a former poster. I've never seen a direct admission by him. Did he explain why he came back despite those evil mods that caused him to flee still being here? And why he didn't just come back as Online Persona?

So maybe you're wrong about Bushwood being CJFisJoePaII, because CJFisJoePaII isn't currently posting on the wrestling board in the same style you describe (so either he CAN control himself, somewhat, or that's not him). But it's entirely clear CJFisJoePaII and Kasparaitis are one and the same. They're the only 2 posters who use "poser" like that on a regular basis ... almost no one else has used it more than once. The fact that CJF STOPPED using "poser" 4 days before Kasparaitis came to the board, at which point CJF stopped posting on this board ... and now Kasparaitis is the only one who uses it on this board is another clue. The abuse of "dipshit," and the fixation on Lando take away any doubt.
This is (hopefully) the last time I’m going to respond to your nonsense, Detective Columbo. First, “Everyone knows” Lando is a posing troll. There is no way he’s a Penn State graduate and/or fan. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. So calling him a poser is as natural as calling Lamar Jackson MVP.

Next, when someone presents themselves as a dipshit, as you have so masterfully done, it is extremely difficult to see you in any other light. I suppose I could borrow from my Pittsburgh friends and just refer to you as a Jagov.

Finally, as I have previously stated, when you verify that what you have been posting here about me is not true I ask that you apologize, knowing full well that will never happen because know-it-all bullies like you can never admit they are wrong.

Yeah, this all seems to be very quick developing so no one needs to hold their blocks for very long and it seems to be very much "block the guy in front of you".

We'll see how it works against better opponents but I like it as a wrinkle to use a few times a game.
Agreed. I am not saying it is right but I always think offenses let the defenses settle because so much of offense these days is based on reading the defense. Zone or man-to-man? Who has single coverage? Tight or lax corners? Safties up or back in coverage? Is somebody blitzing? All of those go into the read and routes.

In this offense, like we are hearing about making the D react, we come up and run a play looking to catch the defense off guard. In the early part of the video, the run unbalanced with often takes the D a few seconds to read. Who is on the ball and how many do you have left and right of him? Then you need to align the DL. In all of that, you miss the coverages of WRs.

You also see a lot of value in RBs who can get out on a pattern and catch a pass. If you had to stack WRs, you can tip the offense. But if you keep a Singleton, Qinton Martin or Corey Smith in there (who can run from the backfield or run a great route from the wideout position) you've really got the D having to make a lot of reads and adjustments to not get caught out of position.

The pendulum swinging back the other way.
Reactions: PSU2UNC

OT: LIV Golf and PGA Merge

I've been hearing strong rumors that LIV has offered Rory McIlroy $600m to join LIV and Rory is strongly considering it. Of course, this would be a knockout blow to the PGA and Rory feels that the PGA stabbed him in the back when they suddenly announced a deal to merge LIV with the PGA.
There are also rumors that LIV won't last the summer and is only continuing until the Saudi's are happy with what they hear from the PGA. PGA tour leadership could screw up a two car funeral, and you can tell the leaders/faces of LIV (Norman and Mickelson) are lying because their lips are moving.
Reactions: Obliviax

i can see it being a bit of a challenge for the OL because if the D is moving around, it is hard to know the blocking assignments. But it looks like they take tight stances and block a zone and combine it with quick-hitting passes.
Yeah, this all seems to be very quick developing so no one needs to hold their blocks for very long and it seems to be very much "block the guy in front of you".

We'll see how it works against better opponents but I like it as a wrinkle to use a few times a game.
Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT