ADVERTISEMENT

zubrus1's Unofficial Unbiased Rankings

zubrus1

Dec 10, 2016
Have my own proprietary system that I have been refining over the years with every D1 team starting the season with a value of zero. Current top 25 is below, surprising that seven B1G in the top 25.

Team Rank Points
Wisconsin 1 440.23
Oklahoma 2 430.36
Auburn 3 397.47
Central Florida 4 390.83
Clemson 5 390.14
Alabama 6 388.54
Ohio State 7 378.83
Southern Cal 8 374.01
Georgia 9 367.30
TCU 10 365.29
Penn State 11 355.78
Notre Dame 12 335.91
Miami FL 13 328.31
Stanford 14 324.43
Memphis 15 318.66
Michigan St 16 317.76
Northwestern 17 310.30
Washington 18 297.54
LSU 19 286.27
Michigan 20 282.18
Washington St 21 276.97
Iowa 22 266.84
Oklahoma St 23 259.23
Toledo 24 256.91
San Diego St 25 256.67

Reactions: ralphster
So let's get this straight- you have some system that doesn't recognize preseason rankings, reputation, hot dog sales, stadium size, or how many ESPN morons like a team?

So apparently you are trying to base your rankings on what happens on the field?

ARE YOU INSANE?

Interesting

Although I have no I idea how any poll can have USC ranked 8, that includes the AP, Coaches, committee, etc....

Interesting

Although I have no I idea how any poll can have USC ranked 8, that includes the AP, Coaches, committee, etc....

One of the highest SOS in the country per my rankings.

Every team USC played was .500 or better except for 5-7 Cal, 4-8, Colorado, and 1-11 OSU.

So let's get this straight- you have some system that doesn't recognize preseason rankings, reputation, hot dog sales, stadium size, or how many ESPN morons like a team?

So apparently you are trying to base your rankings on what happens on the field?

ARE YOU INSANE?
Yeah no eye tests either. What a joke

I like it. Michigan being ranked confused me though as they haven't beaten a single team over 500 this year. Nice to see Northwestern getting respect by someone :)

How is Notre Dame ranked above Miami with more losses and a H2H blowout?

And USC over Notre Dame when they destroyed USC?

Auburn over Clemson with more losses and a H2H loss?

Bama over anyone with a quality win?

I like it. Michigan being ranked confused me though as they haven't beaten a single team over 500 this year. Nice to see Northwestern getting respect by someone :)

As for Michigan, their worst lost is to #16. They have the #6 SOS. Agree they don't have any good wins.20 might be a touch high but with their D, I would think you could say they are a solid top 30. Nobody really beat them bad besides us.

How is Notre Dame ranked above Miami with more losses and a H2H blowout?

And USC over Notre Dame when they destroyed USC?

Auburn over Clemson with more losses and a H2H loss?

Bama over anyone with a quality win?

The ranking are purely numbers based, they could care less about H2H.

Miami was losing 5 of their games at halftime this year. They barely beat an awful UNC team. They are fraudulent at best.

Notre Dame also has one more loss than USC.

Pretty sure the actual voters will also have Auburn over Clemson.

Bama has two top 25 wins and it most cases, dominated and controlled games. Trailed the least amount of game time of any team in the country.

As for Michigan, their worst lost is to #16. They have the #6 SOS. Agree they don't have any good wins.20 might be a touch high but with their D, I would think you could say they are a solid top 30. Nobody really beat them bad besides us.

Reasonable makes sense

The ranking are purely numbers based, they could care less about H2H.

Miami was losing 5 of their games at halftime this year. They barely beat an awful UNC team. They are fraudulent at best.

Notre Dame also has one more loss than USC.

Pretty sure the actual voters will also have Auburn over Clemson.

Bama has two top 25 wins and it most cases, dominated and controlled games. Trailed the least amount of game time of any team in the country.
So head to head doesn’t matter? That’s nonsense.

I never thought Miami was a playoff team but they housed ND leaving no doubt they were better.

ND did the same to USC. Clemson lost one game without their starting QB and beat Auburn straight up.

MSU lost to Ole Miss so they’re not ranked and LSU lost at home to Troy. Not very impressive wins for Bama.

I never thought Miami was a playoff team but they housed ND leaving no doubt they were better.

ND did the same to USC. Clemson lost one game without their starting QB and beat Auburn straight up.

MSU lost to Ole Miss so they’re not ranked and LSU lost at home to Troy. Not very impressive wins for Bama.
Head to head should only matter when you're only comparing two teams. Not 130.

Reactions: zubrus1

Head to head should only matter when you're only comparing two teams. Not 130.

Exactly. Transitive property doesn't work when comparing entire bodies of work for 130 teams.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Have my own proprietary system that I have been refining over the years with every D1 team starting the season with a value of zero. Current top 25 is below, surprising that seven B1G in the top 25.

Team Rank Points
Wisconsin 1 440.23
Oklahoma 2 430.36
Auburn 3 397.47
Central Florida 4 390.83
Clemson 5 390.14
Alabama 6 388.54
Ohio State 7 378.83
Southern Cal 8 374.01
Georgia 9 367.30
TCU 10 365.29
Penn State 11 355.78
Notre Dame 12 335.91
Miami FL 13 328.31
Stanford 14 324.43
Memphis 15 318.66
Michigan St 16 317.76
Northwestern 17 310.30
Washington 18 297.54
LSU 19 286.27
Michigan 20 282.18
Washington St 21 276.97
Iowa 22 266.84
Oklahoma St 23 259.23
Toledo 24 256.91
San Diego St 25 256.67
You talk about strength of schedule but then have Wiscy number one and UCF number 4. Apparently wins matter regardless of schedule.

You talk about strength of schedule but then have Wiscy number one and UCF number 4. Apparently wins matter regardless of schedule.

Of course wins matter, why else would you play the game? Its not easy to devise a system that can easily "grade" teams with a zero in that loss column without access to all sorts of additional data.

I dont have that sort of database to slice and dice and pull from.

Of course wins matter, why else would you play the game? Its not easy to devise a system that can easily "grade" teams with a zero in that loss column without access to all sorts of additional data.

I dont have that sort of database to slice and dice and pull from.
I get that but one win over a P5 team (and a really bad one at that) doesn't deserve a #4 ranking regardless of the system.

You're saying that because you don't respect anyone outside the P5--which you've made clear.
Because they don't have to prove themselves week in and week out. There's a reason almost no one in the P5 goes undefeated....it's the weekly grind throughout the year that the non P5 teams don't have to play.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

QUOTE]
He has done a power ranking system so it makes perfect sense that head to head doesn't matter.

Iowa crushed Ohio state. Does that mean they are better?

Exactly. Transitive property doesn't work when comparing entire bodies of work for 130 teams.
It has nothing to do with transitive property.

Miami beat ND 41-8 and has a better record.

ND thumped USC 49-14 H2H.

Clemson beat Auburn and has a better record.

These are actual results when they played on a field to see who the better team was.

They are desperate to have miami back... just like notre dame.

wish they'd felt the same love for us. fortunately, we took care of it on the field.

Reactions: mn78psu83
One of the highest SOS in the country per my rankings.

Every team USC played was .500 or better except for 5-7 Cal, 4-8, Colorado, and 1-11 OSU.

just did some quick numbers research

USC vs PSU
Opponents Total Record: 76-68 vs 78-64 (GA St only played 10 games)
Record of teams they beat: 58-62 vs 59-59
take away best win/worst win: 48-48 vs 46-48
wins vs teams with winning record: 3 vs 5
Record of teams they lost to: 18-6 vs 19-5
Lost by average of: 19PPG vs 2PPGv (all 4 losses were on the road)
current rank of teams lost to (AP Poll): 15 & 20 vs 8 & 19
current rank of best win: 14 (at home) vs 20 (on the road)
best win score: 42-24 vs 31-7
closest win: at home vs 6-6 Texas by 3 vs away vs 7-5 Iowa by 2
total points for season: 418-314 vs 499-186

again, I just see no way to justify USC over PSU , but maybe i am biased

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT