ADVERTISEMENT

Zordich recalls 4 years ago

“We talked with the coaches,” Zordich recalled. “At first we thought we’d sit back and see how all of this would play out. But it got to a point where we kind of got fed up with it because there was nobody sticking up for us. The administration was absent.(Emphasis added) None of us were speaking, although everybody was talking about us. Nobody had heard what we had to say.

“We weren’t even there when it happened – it was 10 years prior to us getting to Penn State. We kind of felt we were being used to take the heat. We had to stand up not only for ourselves, but mainly the university. The entire school was taking a hit for something a few -- or however many it was -- were responsible for. (emphasis added)We didn’t plan on going anywhere. We were very proud of who we were. We weren’t the bad guys.”

“But as hard all of that was, it was easy for us. It wasn’t a burden. It’s who we are. That’s the type of men we are.”

Last edited:
I forgot the "leadership" installed in that area was Ira Lubert's stooge. Those young men exhibited more leadership, class, ethics and character than 1,000 Dave Joyners.

Ira - are you listening? LEADERSHIP. These guys exhibited LEADERSHIP.

What is going to be the Legacy of your LEADERSHIP?

(Firing off yet another email to the entire Board and Admin using this article as an example)

Handy Dandy address list:

president@psu.edu, tww10@psu.edu, cad46@psu.edu, rcr132@psu.edu, par119@psu.edu, wss129@psu.edu, cgb148@psu.edu, roc5064@psu.edu, mdh1@psu.edu, asg206@psu.edu, phs4@psu.edu, eww127@psu.edu, ebb136@psu.edu, bld221@psu.edu, rcj10@psu.edu, all300@psu.edu, apl12@psu.edu, rjm40@psu.edu, wxo111@psu.edu, awp130@psu.edu, rjt107@psu.edu, dgc14@psu.edu, amh102@psu.edu, crh24@psu.edu, beh17@psu.edu, kem375@psu.edu, rkd135@psu.edu, ref18@psu.edu, iml2@psu.edu, dsm232@psu.edu, wcr121@psu.edu, mls85@psu.edu, klc341@psu.edu, jap58@psu.edu, mws18@psu.edu, lrm26@psu.edu, dch24@psu.edu, kfs13@psu.edu, bot@psu.edu, jsa3@psu.edu, tjp1@psu.edu, lhl11@psu.edu, lmpowers@psu.edu, ejb5@psu.edu, ssd13@psu.edu, mfaulkner@hmc.psu.edu, pjc37@psu.edu,

Last edited:
IMHO, the two greatest Penn St players in history. Imagine if it weren't for these two guys and 20/30 kids left the program. Would we have even been able to play football the next year? These kids, IMHO, saved Penn St. football...and in doing so, saved a large chunk of Penn State.

IMHO, the two greatest Penn St players in history. Imagine if it weren't for these two guys and 20/30 kids left the program. Would we have even been able to play football the next year? These kids, IMHO, saved Penn St. football...and in doing so, saved a large chunk of Penn State.

I would certainly say that during Penn State Football's darkest hours, they were two beacons of light.

Amazing to me how 2 college students show more leadership and CEO skills than actual leaders of Fortune 500 companies. Speaks volumes about these 2 and also their parents raising strong children.

Both young men had fathers, and one older brother, who played for Joe. The lessons of the old man were passed onto the fathers and older brother, and then onto these two young men.

It is these life lessons that are Joe's legacy - more than wins, donations, or even the library named for him.

It would have behooved these CEOs and leaders of Fortune 500 companies to take have sat down at the old man's feet and learned a lesson or two.

It would have behooved these CEOs and leaders of Fortune 500 companies to take have sat down at the old man's feet and learned a lesson or two.

But they would have had to admit that they didn't know it all.....

This is leadership. This is the kind of leadership our BOT needed 4 years ago and still needs.

Out of all the crap the NCAA has done over the years...the rule that was imposed at the time...basically a "free for all" with open recruiting on existing Penn State players was not only ludicrous...it just showed how incredibly stupid and mismanaged the organization was/is...

Think about it...they opened Pandora's Box and went against every principle the NCAA had...

Today we are upset about "satellite" camps...Well think about giving the "ok" for Coaches and Recruiters to arrive on the actual Campus of an opposing school..contacting parents , friends , girlfriends etc weeks before a season to start...kids already committed and on scholarship...with absolutely ZERO consideration really given to these individuals.

I hate the NCAA. I hate Emmert the Ass Clown. Someday...Oh I pray someday he has to answer to someone...someday.

I just smile with pride every time I hear their names or see their pictures....get the exact opposite feeling when I do the same for the old guard BOT...just need to live long enough.

There really should be a statue of Mauti and Zordich standing in that pose. It meant a lot what they did and it's a statue that I don't think too many would be opposed to.

Good point - perhaps they should be added to the bronze images on the Player's Wall. That needs to go back up!

Reactions: green2623
This never gets old. Send it out to your distribution lists, as it is easy to forget the importance of this time.

I forgot the "leadership" installed in that area was Ira Lubert's stooge. Those young men exhibited more leadership, class, ethics and character than 1,000 Dave Joyners.

Ira - are you listening? LEADERSHIP. These guys exhibited LEADERSHIP.

What is going to be the Legacy of your LEADERSHIP?

(Firing off yet another email to the entire Board and Admin using this article as an example)

Handy Dandy address list:

president@psu.edu, tww10@psu.edu, cad46@psu.edu, rcr132@psu.edu, par119@psu.edu, wss129@psu.edu, cgb148@psu.edu, roc5064@psu.edu, mdh1@psu.edu, asg206@psu.edu, phs4@psu.edu, eww127@psu.edu, ebb136@psu.edu, bld221@psu.edu, rcj10@psu.edu, all300@psu.edu, apl12@psu.edu, rjm40@psu.edu, wxo111@psu.edu, awp130@psu.edu, rjt107@psu.edu, dgc14@psu.edu, amh102@psu.edu, crh24@psu.edu, beh17@psu.edu, kem375@psu.edu, rkd135@psu.edu, ref18@psu.edu, iml2@psu.edu, dsm232@psu.edu, wcr121@psu.edu, mls85@psu.edu, klc341@psu.edu, jap58@psu.edu, mws18@psu.edu, lrm26@psu.edu, dch24@psu.edu, kfs13@psu.edu, bot@psu.edu, jsa3@psu.edu, tjp1@psu.edu, lhl11@psu.edu, lmpowers@psu.edu, ejb5@psu.edu, ssd13@psu.edu, mfaulkner@hmc.psu.edu, pjc37@psu.edu,

+1000. Erickson couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. He's a coward and a feckless little man that was more concerned about furthering his career and gilding his golden parachute on the backs of the some good men and alum.
Joyner was just a Lubert lacky (or stooge) that wasn't even man enough to have his own place to live. Like a "mommas" boy (in this case Lubert being the mommy) he lived in his/her basement.
My god how pathetic is that?.

I know the Berkey family. My mother was a good friend of both Earl and Jeanne, going back to when they were kids in Highschool. We and their family went and still go to the same church in Somerset.
Erickson's name on the Creamery building, that they gave more than 3 million to build, is personal afront to them, me and every alumni alive. It needs to be removed now.:mad:

Last edited:
Every time I hear the lies about Joe and Penn State I think of Zordich, Mauti and the others who were not cowards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT