ADVERTISEMENT

Zettel's PSU Football Mt. Rushmore: Cappy, Mauti, JoePa, Spider

9fold

Aug 22, 2001
espn's Josh Moyer interviewed Anthony Zettel. Go here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...te-dt-anthony-zettel-talks-football-golf-more

From the interview:

"JM: Let’s switch it up a little bit. You know how important history and tradition are at Penn State so, tomorrow, construction begins on a Mount Rushmore of PSU football greats. You get to decide the four greats who are honored. Who you picking?

AZ: Oh man … you’ve got to pick [John] Cappelletti because he’s the Heisman winner. I’m going to have to put [Michael] Mauti in there because he’s one of the leading guys who held Penn State together during the toughest time. I’m going to put Coach Paterno in there and I’m also going to put … geez … there’s so many good players. [Pauses] Probably Todd Blackledge, just because he was the quarterback for the national championship team. [Pauses] No – I’d put Spider [equipment manager Brad Caldwell] in as the fourth one. For sure."

espn's Josh Moyer interviewed Anthony Zettel. Go here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...te-dt-anthony-zettel-talks-football-golf-more

From the interview:

"JM: Let’s switch it up a little bit. You know how important history and tradition are at Penn State so, tomorrow, construction begins on a Mount Rushmore of PSU football greats. You get to decide the four greats who are honored. Who you picking?

AZ: Oh man … you’ve got to pick [John] Cappelletti because he’s the Heisman winner. I’m going to have to put [Michael] Mauti in there because he’s one of the leading guys who held Penn State together during the toughest time. I’m going to put Coach Paterno in there and I’m also going to put … geez … there’s so many good players. [Pauses] Probably Todd Blackledge, just because he was the quarterback for the national championship team. [Pauses] No – I’d put Spider [equipment manager Brad Caldwell] in as the fourth one. For sure."
Obviously there are many, but these 4 are arguably good choices.

I agree w one of the 4 (Joe) had to argue cappy but you could. While MM and spyder are good picks. Reid belongs there before either the fourth??? Now that's a long debate !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT