ADVERTISEMENT

ZAIN!!

Nice production, appreciate the anecdote about Zain's sister worried they'd not be able to go to Paris. I had the pleasure of meeting the entire family in St Louis, and ran into them again at Beat the Streets in NYC. They're all so nice and down to earth, glad they get to experience this ride. Easy to see why Zain is so grounded.

Nice production, appreciate the anecdote about Zain's sister worried they'd not be able to go to Paris. I had the pleasure of meeting the entire family in St Louis, and ran into them again at Beat the Streets in NYC. They're all so nice and down to earth, glad they get to experience this ride. Easy to see why Zain is so grounded.
I had the privilege of meeting the whole family in St Louis as well, and totally agree--a very solid, and tight family. No airs about them at all. His sister is a field hockey player (I think it's field hockey) for PSU.

Reactions: hlstone
I had the privilege of meeting the whole family in St Louis as well, and totally agree--a very solid, and tight family. No airs about them at all. His sister is a field hockey player (I think it's field hockey) for PSU.

My kid was at a field hockey camp with Zain's sister. My kid said she was an awesome person. I wanted to bring a watermelon to the 2nd day of camp. Off the top of my head, I think she plays for St Francis. I will try to look it up.

edit: It is St Francis.

My kid was at a field hockey camp with Zain's sister. My kid said she was an awesome person. I wanted to bring a watermelon to the 2nd day of camp. Off the top of my head, I think she plays for St Francis. I will try to look it up.

edit: It is St Francis.
Thanks for the correction where Zain's sister plays field hockey. Does she break watermelons too?!

Reactions: hlstone
I work a lot at home and to get pumped up I watch these types of videos. My favorite thing to watch is PSU fans leaping into the air in slow motion after a win. The pure joy! These days I can't get enough of the moment Mark beats Zahid on one of the goPSU videos. In the background you see pandemonium as the PSU crowd comes to their feet . It's awesome because you know in three or four minutes Bo is going to pin. Definitely an antidote to the bs on the news : )

So, just for fun, if Zain is 143 now, could he go 141 this year and other folks slide a weight to fit in Manville? MM is at 75kg or 165 now.

Nah, too good to be true. The NLWC folks are just posting this for fun, right?

So, just for fun, if Zain is 143 now, could he go 141 this year and other folks slide a weight to fit in Manville? MM is at 75kg or 165 now.

He's at 143 with day before weigh-ins and only weighing in a couple of times over many months.

Even if Zain, Jason, and Cenzo could all drop a weight -- and there is zero evidence that any of them can, let alone all of them -- why would Cael disrupt 3 defending national champs? To make room for an incoming freshman?

This is the defintion of weakening multiple weight classes for no apparent gain.

Even if Zain, Jason, and Cenzo could all drop a weight -- and there is zero evidence that any of them can, let alone all of them -- why would Cael disrupt 3 defending national champs? To make room for an incoming freshman?

This is the defintion of weakening multiple weight classes for no apparent gain.
If Zain could go 141 in college, he certainly would break all of his opponents in half. There would be nobody left for the NCAA tournament. Hearing the Mark Hall interview today, even he "hates" wrestling Zain in a 15-20 minute "go" in practice, especially if the requirement is a turn.

And, you don't weaken the team, as Cenzo goes 149 in Zain's place. I saw that posted on the PSU roster last week, so it must be true. Mason hits the weights "hard" and deadlifts his way through fall to fill out into a solid 165.

Sarcasm off, in case anyone misses it

Zain needs 28 pts in Cleveland to become the 5th highest scorer in NCAA Tournament history. Insane when considering there are four 4x champs and he placed 5th as a freshman.

Also gotta think Jason and possibly Bo will be top 10 after 2019.

Still not sure how we'll deal with losing David Taylor and Ed Ruth.

If Zain could go 141 in college, he certainly would break all of his opponents in half. There would be nobody left for the NCAA tournament. Hearing the Mark Hall interview today, even he "hates" wrestling Zain in a 15-20 minute "go" in practice, especially if the requirement is a turn.

And, you don't weaken the team, as Cenzo goes 149 in Zain's place. I saw that posted on the PSU roster last week, so it must be true. Mason hits the weights "hard" and deadlifts his way through fall to fill out into a solid 165.

Sarcasm off, in case anyone misses it

Nice to see Mason be the third Lion to pin IMar.

Selfishly I would love to see Zain go against Heil Of course I'd love to see that Zain vs Hall live go too.

Zain needs 28 pts in Cleveland to become the 5th highest scorer in NCAA Tournament history. Insane when considering there are four 4x champs and he placed 5th as a freshman.

this will never get old. with the 2018 class, not a lot of chatter out there about what we will do after the law firm leaves.

Reactions: Dogwelder

Yeah, well just wait until Ed and DT actually graduate. Then you'll really see if Cael can coach! Smart guy. You freaking come lately Penn State guys think you know everything about wrestling.

Whoops.:):D

Sh*tload Of Bricks Falling On Your Head!

[edit:] SOBFOYH! (The H is silent)

:)

Last edited:
Right now it's just an awesome recruiting class, represented by some fine young men. It'll be 2 years till most hit the mat for PSU.

Hey, who was the guy who came up with "Wreck Hall"? We might as well give him recognition, again. That was a good one!

OMG, what an idiot i am. sorry T Witt

is there someone we can get to make the magnificent 7? c;mon someone walk on......

#sensationalsix ???
I'm into including all recruits, so anything that includes them ALL, not just blue-chippers, is appropriate, imo.

OMG, what an idiot i am. sorry T Witt

is there someone we can get to make the magnificent 7? c;mon someone walk on......

#sensationalsix ???
glory highest rated 125....does he want to walk on for no money? if so lets add him. we need a nickname!

ADVERTISEMENT