ADVERTISEMENT

Zain up for ESPY as Best Male College Athlete

It's a shame they didn't use photos from college competition for Zain. They should have used the photo of him bending Sorensen in half at Nationals, but then again I'm glad they didn't use the pics of him beating up old man Mayes.:p

It would be cool to see the national wrestling community rally around Zain for this award, team affinities put aside.

I don't post on TheMat, but maybe someone here who does might post a plea? I'll try my luck at HR. Crop try the G? '85 or Roar try 34 and Waiting? [Sorry CowboyUp -- couldn't help myself.]

Even if Zain has no chance, a bump in votes can only help with media support for wrestling, right?

Credit to crablegs for pointing out that another wrestler is up for an ESPY -- Snyder for Best Male US Olympic Athlete:

http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting39/best-male-us-olympic-athlete

Also - credit to ESPN for allowing Snyder for being in the running as Best Male Olympian & Zain as Best Male College Athlete. ...

.... since Snyder wrestled half a college schedule and Zain was just amazingly dominant per bonus & during NCAAs.

Lazy journalism would have slated Snyder as candidates for both awards.

Reactions: hlstone
Hard to imagine based on his athletic and academic achievements that he isn't the best male athlete around
Oh, I personally don't think that matters to most. Football and basketball fans out-number hard-core college wrestling fans hundreds, if not thousands, to one. Swimming upstream on this one ... but we'll see.

Bump. Without me spending any time reading when voting comes to completion, its looks like the votes still count.

"It's a painful move."
Everyone make a huge push and vote for Zain everyday so he wins the Espy...Even non PSU fans should vote to promote the sport. Please vote from multiple devices everyday the next 10 days.

Ok, voted for Zain and Snyder is my computer messed up or don't they show the vote count?

Ok, voted for Zain and Snyder is my computer messed up or don't they show the vote count?
Can't see the count. Gotta just keep pouring on the voted every day for the next 9 days. The Espy will be awarded on July 12th Espy's...Lets all do it for Zain and the sport. Wrestling needs a boost compared to some others. I think the Clemson QB will get a lot of votes. It's up to us. Remember you can vote everyday from multiple devices.

Spyker...don't let pish fool you. He was talking sh*t about you the entire time you were gone....

J/k Lol

I know you are joking. I have no problems with anyone that's an avid PSU fan! And that includes 21 Guns as well.

Unless someone trashing the program or just out of hand not sure why they would be banned.

They both bring positive energy to the board IMO. Now I realize sometime 21 will be like a rabid dog when it comes to certain topics but there is no doubt in my mind he's a knowledgeable and big PSU fan. I hope at least we see him back soon and I realize I'm in the minority

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I know you are joking. I have no problems with anyone that's an avid PSU fan! And that includes 21 Guns as well.

Unless someone trashing the program or just out of hand not sure why they would be banned.

They both bring positive energy to the board IMO. Now I realize sometime 21 will be like a rabid dog when it comes to certain topics but there is no doubt in my mind he's a knowledgeable and big PSU fan. I hope at least we see him back soon and I realize I'm in the minority
Good...I was hoping you had a sense of humor. But yeah....you and I think a lot alike when it comes to the people that post here most notably spyker. There's some craziness there but when you love a team and University like he does he should always be welcomed inmy book. And yes... I'm sure we are certainly in the minority when it comes to that...

Reactions: pish69

If you have a plan for supplying 8 scoring wrestlers, for PSU, then we can open up a conversation about the viability of 21.

Reactions: purescurve
If you have a plan for supplying 8 scoring wrestlers, for PSU, then we can open up a conversation about the viability of 21.
Everyone get all your votes in for Zain today from as many devices as possible. We only have 7 days left to vote. If he wins the ESPY on national TV July 12th that would be outstanding for our sport. Vote today and everyday anyone who like wrestling.

Reactions: Creek Side
Everyone get all your votes in for Zain today from as many devices as possible. We only have 7 days left to vote. If he wins the ESPY on national TV July 12th that would be outstanding for our sport. Vote today and everyday anyone who like wrestling.
Just voted again for Zain from my phone. Hope everyone is making a big push for him and the sport.

Just voted again for Zain from my phone. Hope everyone is making a big push for him and the sport.
didn't you just pledge to the BWI gods that you wouldn't do this anymore? Literally 1 day out of the penalty box and you can't even help yourself.

didn't you just pledge to the BWI gods that you wouldn't do this anymore? Literally 1 day out of the penalty box and you can't even help yourself.
Lol. Come on Bob. You are my main man. Trying to help out Zain. Hey I think he should be doing well. What is great is all the other schools are helping him and promoting he sport. That is outstanding. Okay. Just posted this for you Bob. Have a great day and God Bless. Maybe we will hear something about Cael this week....Lol

Lol. Come on Bob. You are my main man. Trying to help out Zain. Hey I think he should be doing well. What is great is all the other schools are helping him and promoting he sport. That is outstanding. Okay. Just posted this for you Bob. Have a great day and God Bless. Maybe we will hear something about Cael this week....Lol
why the "lol"?

youll hear after the BOT meeting.

Correct but i don't think it's going to be in 2 weeks.

So, in other words, dunk . . . Correct, but we'll hear something before the BOT meeting. But we'll hear after the meeting, so you are correct that we'll hear after the meeting. And we'll hear something soon. About Cael. But not in 2 weeks. It will be soon. And after the meeting but before 2 weeks. He is very good.

So, in other words, dunk . . . Correct, but we'll hear something before the BOT meeting. But we'll hear after the meeting, so you are correct that we'll hear after the meeting. And we'll hear something soon. About Cael. But not in 2 weeks. It will be soon. And after the meeting but before 2 weeks. He is very good.
Maybe in certain situations you don't have to wait for a full board meeting. There are other ways to communicate with certain members.

Maybe in certain situations you don't have to wait for a full board meeting. There are other ways to communicate with certain members.

Oh yeah, does it look anything like this?

img_15

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Just voted. Hope everyone is making a big push for Zain and he sport. We only have 5 more days till the ESPY is announced.
Only 3 more days to vote for Zain to win the ESPY. Everyone vote please for him and the sport. As many devices as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT