ADVERTISEMENT

Zain named PSU Male Athlete of the Year -- again

anO$U will probably again stiff Snyder for another football player who came up short in a big game.
Zain is a BEAST....One would think it's a no brain decision for McKenna. He would have the BEST training partner in the country and maybe the world !!!! Plus an Oly champ around his weight in the room...

The accolades keep coming. Congrats to Zain, and to all that have had a part in "the making of Zain". He's an awesome young man, and a better-than-great ambassador for Penn State Wrestling.

Barrett won a different athlete of the year award voted on by the students.
http://thelantern.com/2017/03/j-t-b...e-football-urban-meyer-kevin-wilson-buckeyes/

I am almost positive that the "Runner up: Kyle Snyder" was added after the three commenters had their say. In fact, I'm willing to bet that there was no poll. The Lantern writer started to formulate one, decided it was too much work, and said, "Ah, the hell with it, I'll just write it up for Barrett. No one will know the difference."

Then, the wrestling fans had their say, he puckered, and figured out the way to fix it was to make up a second place in the poll, wa-la, meet footnote Kyle Snyder.

Reactions: tikk10
.... and fundamentals. Zain has all of the above & he's never, ever out of position.
Occasionally Zain will be out of position, but then as his competitor you are faced with a delima. If you react in a manner that avails to you an opportunity to score that means you have to come intact with Zain, which is something to maintain personal saftey must be avoided.

Tough choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT