ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite player in Penn State football history

Gary Klingensmith

Thats him in white ... catching winning TD pass vs Maryland.

scan0002-1.jpg
Very nice, Herbie.

Reactions: IrishHerb
The Mikes, Mauti and Zordich. There were many better football players to play for Penn State, but none meant more to the program. Without them, this board today would be a wasteland and Beaver Stadium would be as empty as Heinz Field on Homecoming.

Ki-jana and Mrob. Loved Bucky Greeley too.. story was that Joe was talking about putting players names on the backs of jerseys and Bucky lead a revolt against that

Franco Harris. His courage to defend the University at whatever personal cost moves him to the top of the list.

Yessir. Glad to see that his sacrifice and willingness to expose himself to the slings of media scumbags did not go unnoticed.

I was always a big David Macklin fan. Macklin was a big jokester and drive Joe crazy, but Joe seemed to really like him and cut him a lot of slack. Macklin also played PG for a year.

Lavar Arrington. Capable of a big play at any moment. One of the few players on D who was capable of taking over the game.

Simon J. "Bobby" Engram was the player I enjoyed most.

Onkotz and Mike Reid early on

M Rob and Saquan most recently.

Engram.

I had the joy of watching him haul two long TD passes right in front of me when PSU came back to beat MSU at MSU (I was in the end zone with the rest of the PSU fans). Then the year after, I watched him haul in the winning catch to beat UM at UM to keep PSU undefeated (while sitting in UM season ticket holder seats..... ouch).

Obviously he's left an impression on me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT