ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite player in Penn State football history

I assume we are using common sense rules, that a player must have played a majority of his elegibility (at least 3 seasons) for PSU? (I.e Wisconsin shouldn't count Wilson)

Curt Warner

Quite possibly Saquon Barkley in a year or three after it really sets in how great a player he is/was. Hard to compare era's, but Barkley on any 1980's team seems like he would have tied Archie Griffin with two Heismans

Didn’t see him play at State (too young) but LOVED watching Ham play in Pittsburgh.

Favorite player I watched play - Blackledge (with KiJana/Lavar a close second/third).

Curt Warner. Many great players since, and Barkley is very high on the list, but the heroes of your childhood are your heroes forever. And Warner was a big part of the 1st National Championship, and outplayed Marcus Allen and Herschel Walker in bowl games (our defense had a big part in that).

Go ahead, shout it out.
1. Michael Robinson
2. Saquon Barkley

I'm over 40 (I'm a grown man!), so, I have seen lots of our greats. I do think it is much easier to become attached to the players since the internet became a big thing because we just know so much more about them then we did pre-2000. Watching their recruitment since sophmore year in HS, seeing every interview the give, etc. all adds to the connection.

At least 50 on my list for different eras and different events.

Ham cappelletti Harris is as old as I go. Ham and Harris for their days at the steelers mostly because I was too young to watch them at Penn State.

Then fusina barhs suheys Millen clark mehl

Warner munchank farrel blackledge Jackson Robinson etc

Dozier the smurfs Thomas Shaffer kizner gifto conlan white

Mcduffie sacca

Everything 1994 era

Enis Arrington short Casey fields Thompson
Harris Brown

Mills talifarro wake Johnson Adams Levi all the defensive ends we kept churning out

Williams Robinson king hunt offensive line over those 4 years, poz Conner. Norwood

Royster Maybin lee bowman

2011 and 2012 teams.

Hackenberg Robinson mauti
Zordich

McSorley Barkley Godwin Gesicki Hamilton

Sanders Johnson wade fields parsons oweh oh wait that is the future.

These players and more are my favorites at Penn State! They are all tied!!!!!

Tough, tough choice, but I will go with the player that first got me interested in Penn State football as a 10 year old.

Lydell Mitchell.

I got to meet him once about 15 years ago. He is also a really solid person.
He was my other choice after Bruce Clark. I used to race to get the Sunday sports section to see how many TDs he scored. I chose Bruce Clark because he was the guy who stood out during my early undergrad years.

Tough, tough choice, but I will go with the player that first got me interested in Penn State football as a 10 year old.

Lydell Mitchell.

I got to meet him once about 15 years ago. He is also a really solid person.

Great choice, I really enjoyed watching him play as well.

1. Shane Conlan (and the rest of the 86 defense)
2. The entire 94 offense. Too difficult to pick anyone on that team.

Reactions: Mister Magoo
Very difficult task here. So many incredible players from different eras. I always was excited to watch Ki-Jana, Lavar, Conlan, Poz, M-Rob, Harris, and many more names.

If I were asked who was my favorite player to watch/ could've, should've been a stud, I have to say Rashard Casey. Could you imagine him in this offense?

He's not my top, but I've really built a strong liking for Trace McSorely...

MRob, Poz, Arrington, Conlan

mauti
Zordich

That is an excellent point. Forever I think that Penn State fans should be indebted to the courage, determination, commitment and grit that these two young men displayed. Their actions saved the program. They are true all time greats.

[Note that both are sons of former players coached by none other than, Joseph V Paterno. It's not a coincidence. Success with Honor, indeed! ]

Personally- Charles Rush because I got to know him through work and he's a fine young man.

As a fan- OJ McDuffie because I met him in college, loved him as a Penn Stater, and he went on to play for my favorite NFL team.

Derrick Williams and Christina Hackenberg. Not for what they did on the field but for the circumstance in which they came here.

Poz is right there too.

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT