ADVERTISEMENT

You Want An IU Report?

Trying to explain this is like Kevin Costner in JFK — back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left.
The freeze frame you showed earlier was 10-15 frames past the critical time after the ball rotates. In the slow mo you posted later the ball comes in at a 45 degree angle. It is possible that the point of the ball broke the plane of the goal line before it rotated to the position the first freeze frame shows. It’s about as close as close can be.

Watch the end zone video. About three feet to the right of your picture is when Penix crossed the goal line with the ball then he was hit and immediately was pushed to the left where ball landed next to pylon.
Wrist, elbow and one tip of ball is out of bounds

Watch the end zone video. About three feet to the right of your picture is when Penix crossed the goal line with the ball then he was hit and immediately was pushed to the left where ball landed next to pylon.
There is no place in the video that shows the ball going backwards. It’s moving towards the goal line the entire time. The ball hits out of bounds before it breaks the plane. For those of you arguing the ball was at a 45 degree angle so to tip crossed the plane, look again. It was at more like a 30 degree angle and there is no possible way for the tip to cross the plane because it would be behind the fat part of the ball at that angle.

Yes and I have a photo that when enhanced shows a sniper behind the fence on the grassy knoll.

I've never said either way. But if you run that video and stop it ~ 6 seconds...go back and forth with stop action, you can see that the ball crosses both the out of bounds line and the end zone line before hitting the ground. If the ball crosses the OOB line it is NOT OOB until a part of the runner's body hits OOB. If the tip of the ball crosses the goal line before hitting the ground, it is a score.

Sadly, for the PSU fan, that was a two point conversion. PSU should have never let it get to that point. But the refs called it correctly. If it was at the Beav, I suspect it would have been called OOB and the replay inconclusive.
There are number of stills that back this up. It was a good call but seems like a lifetime ago after last night's debacle. They have a week off to try to get some players healthy before they limp into the MSU game.

Reactions: NedFromYork
lol Homer fans always deliver.

Good game last night and good luck the rest of the season.
Can say the same about you dude. You should go look at the stats for that game and then try to say you won the game.

lol Homer fans always deliver.

Good game last night and good luck the rest of the season.
And yet you are on our board arguing about a fortunate call you received last year because honestly what did you have to toot your horn about last night. If you see Penix, wave bye-bye to him for us.

Reactions: odshowtime
Indinia fans should have the picture framed and hang it on their office walls like Bama did with the Thomas Rayam blocked fg

ElIdQIBUwAAF1Yq.jpg

Reactions: Obliviax
If you see Penix, wave bye-bye to him for us.
What a bush league classless comment.

MP is a great kid, good student, great family with the ability to play on Sundays that has his athletic life shattered by injuries that were no fault of his own.

Fellow psu alumni must be so proud.

Disgusting.

MP is a great kid, good student, great family with the ability to play on Sundays that has his athletic life shattered by injuries that were no fault of his own.

Disgusting.
While I agree with you that the comment is in poor taste, as no one wanted to see the kid get hurt, I believe the poster above was not referring to Penix's injury. At the end of the 2020 game, Penix gloated after the game by ostentatiously waving "bye-bye" to the PSU sideline after the game.

I don't like all the trash talk in the game today, whether by PSU or opponents. There should be a level of respect for your opponent. The spirit of competition should not be "I win, so you lose," but "I may have won, but that doesn't mean I am better." As a teacher, I see humility and empathy as almost lost causes in a majority of the latest generation.

While I agree with you that the comment is in poor taste, as no one wanted to see the kid get hurt, I believe the poster above was not referring to Penix's injury. At the end of the 2020 game, Penix gloated after the game by ostentatiously waving "bye-bye" to the PSU sideline after the game.

I don't like all the trash talk in the game today, whether by PSU or opponents. There should be a level of respect for your opponent. The spirit of competition should not be "I win, so you lose," but "I may have won, but that doesn't mean I am better." As a teacher, I see humility and empathy as almost lost causes in a majority of the latest generation.
good catch...I forgot about that. typically, even with today's trash talk, it ends at the final gun. but the times..they are a changin

Ok - you GET one.

I've attended all 4 IU games. Watched some DVR.

We were down 14 at Iowa in 2 minutes. A new starter failed to set the edge and they got a 68 yard TD run on third play/first possession. On our first possession, Penix threw a pick 6 to the flat on 3rd and 6. Welcome back. We pressed hard after that - Penix threw 4 picks - 1 was called back by penalty. We were missing a OL and a safety got hurt in the game - and unfortunately it mattered. We were awful. Iowa is legit Top 5. Ass was kicked. Other key stat - IU 77 yards rushing.

We thumped Idaho - a game scheduled when they were still I-A. We dominated and played a lot of guys.

We had Cincy by the ummm throat early. Late in second quarter, they had gone punt - punt - pick - punt - punt- fumble. our All American LB got tossed on a questionable targeting call. No flag was thrown. No hell was raised. The teams got ready for the punt by Cincy. The booth called and tossed our guy. Unfortunately - it mattered. We fell apart. They got a TD and a FG to finish the half and close to 14-10. Shoulda coulda woulda. Cincy is NOT legit Top 5 but they have a couple of NIIICE players. A DB and LB gave us fits all day. The LB won the game for them by putting his hat on the ball and causing a 4th quarter fumble on the 2 - preventing a go-ahead TD at the end of a 10 play drive. Shozbot.

We barely beat Western Kentucky at their place. They play an air raid offense that was spawned by Mumme/Petrino. They score in a minute almost every time. Can't sack the QB cause he never holds the ball more than a second. Challenging. Penix was good for the first time. We lost our starting WR in the first quarter fielding a punt - no hit, just a bad step - ACL gone for season. Lost a safety to concussion protocol.

QB Penix has been a lesser player after last year's ACL - until last week. No idea how he will show at Happy Happy Valley. We need a BIIG game from him to have a chance.

RB 1 and RB 2 from last year are gone, and Southern Cal Portal Guy Carr is new. Run game is still subpar. But he's had some nice runs. Has had 2 100 yard games. If he breaks out, it could be trouble for y'all.

WR Whop gone to the NFL, and No. 1 WR Fryfogle hasn’t been as good yet - probably misses the attention teams had to give to Whop. Showed up at the WKU game. Loss of FSU Portal WR Matthews at WKU is a setback. He had the quicks.

OL has been unsettled and underperformed expectation. But the WKU game was the first one where they started together. We did not dominate their DL.

TE is the offensive bright spot. Ass savers.

DL has been pretty good and worked in the newbies best.

LB - we likee. Cam Jones is my POY so far. McFadden is still a superior player.

Back 4 hasn’t played much as a full unit.
All-American Corner Mullen is awakening.
We miss at least one safety per game. Concussion needs to heal or we'll miss again.

Our new DC is less aggressive at calling blitzes than our guy last year.
QB's may come to love him.

I was shocked to see your rush and rush defense numbers.
Not the Penn State daddy remembered.

I think your schedule has been a tick weaker than ours.

WR Dotson is still superior. Hope Mullen can impact that. But we usually let on WR set records. You're welcome in advance.

Does Franklin know you are LAST in the league for sacks? Very surprising.

But you have lots of picks.
Niiice.

Our FG kicker is great.
Your FG guy has already missed 3.
Probably won't matter, but nice to know.

I wouldn't bet this game with Pelosi's money, but if I had to pick....

Penix won't win this one in OT.

(And yes - last year the ball hit the ground and pylon virtually the same time BUT .... BUT ... BUT .... BEFORE that the nose of the ball touched - nay, crossed - the imaginary plane extending upward from the goal line. Thus, it was properly a TD. Don't hate.)

Good luck.
Hope nobody gets hurt except the required hangovers.
Screw Ohio State.
Not sure if you are still monitoring this …but heard Penix’s shoulder out him out indefinitely.
Hope the best for him. When he is healthy he is a dynamic player.

Good comments overall, but MP has never "gloated" over anything while at IU. The kid is as humble as they come and knows it was a big deal to beat penn state.

Just a tragic situation for him.

Good comments overall, but MP has never "gloated" over anything while at IU. The kid is as humble as they come and knows it was a big deal to beat penn state.

Not sure of his NFL potential but he’s a very good CFB player. Kudos to his fighting back from injury after injury, year after year…..hope his injury from Sat night isn’t as bad as it looked.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Disgusting.
Was it disgusting for MP to wave bye bye last year? were YOU are proud alumnus?

Reactions: SUPERTODD

Disgusting.
You should be disgusted with Tom Allen for knowingly starting an injured player.

It was evident early that something was wrong with Penix such that he didn’t really want to be playing ……he was already hurt.

I also think Fryfogle falls into the same category.

Your coach is complete scum….but at least he’s yours, bad teeth and all :)

You should be disgusted with Tom Allen for knowingly starting an injured player. It was evident early that something was wrong with Penix such that he didn’t really want to be playing ……he was already hurt.

Your coach is complete scum….but at least he’s yours :)

Well, Cain looked a lot more injured than Penix.

You should be disgusted with Tom Allen for knowingly starting an injured player.

It was evident early that something was wrong with Penix such that he didn’t really want to be playing ……he was already hurt.

I also think Fryfogle falls into the same category.

Your coach is complete scum….but at least he’s yours, bad teeth and all :)
You have no idea what you are talking about. He hurt his shoulder when he hurt his shoulder. Tom Allen may not be the best coach in the BIG but he is far...far from "scum".

But he did, last year….that’s the point.

This is wrong. He clearly taunted the PSU sideline after last year's game.

I'm sure he is a good guy and it sucks he has been injured so much. But to pretend he is some sort of saint, when there is video evidence to the contrary is ridiculous.

Reactions: odshowtime
Not sure if you are still monitoring this …but heard Penix’s shoulder out him out indefinitely.
Hope the best for him. When he is healthy he is a dynamic player.
Yes, and thanks.

Penix was awful and is probably done.
Our run game didn’t get off the bus.
Only positive was holding you guys to 24.

Wish I had a ticket to your game at Iowa.
A lot to like on both teams.

My very helpful advice is … don’t make any mistakes.

Reactions: psuro
You have no idea what you are talking about. He hurt his shoulder when he hurt his shoulder. Tom Allen may not be the best coach in the BIG but he is far...far from "scum".
Scum is a typical over reaching fanboy comment. Especially about someone who you have never met. I do however have a comment about Coach Allen. His sideline demeaner would really turn me off, if I were the AD. i just don't understand how you can keep a clear head, make instant decisions when you work yourself into a frenzy after nearly every play. Imagine if his players had the same lack of self control?
I have read that his players really love him....so I am more than willing to believe that he has many redeeming qualities as a leader. However, I would put my foot down and insist that he keep his composure.

This is wrong. He clearly taunted the PSU sideline after last year's game.

I'm sure he is a good guy and it sucks he has been injured so much. But to pretend he is some sort of saint, when there is video evidence to the contrary is ridiculous.
That is not what transpired.

He is a good guy, very humble and taunting would be about nine time zones out of character. He isn't even facing the psu sideline or team when he ran off the field celebrating with his team mates as he waived to the folks sitting in the NEZ VIP seats after the review and confirmation of the conversion.

Find another villian like your own coach that set up IU's opportunity. Have a good season.

That is not what transpired.

He is a good guy, very humble and taunting would be about nine time zones out of character. He isn't even facing the psu sideline or team when he ran off the field celebrating with his team mates as he waived to the folks sitting in the NEZ VIP seats after the review and confirmation of the conversion.

Find another villian like your own coach that set up IU's opportunity. Have a good season.
He did it, so it's not out of character. It's fine to celebrate a big win, but you have to be aware of how the other team views your celebration. Again, I don't think he's a bad due, but don't make excuses for him.

I thought IU was generally a little bit chattier/chippier on Saturday than they should have been. I'm glad we reminded them that they are just Indiana.

He did it, so it's not out of character. It's fine to celebrate a big win, but you have to be aware of how the other team views your celebration. Again, I don't think he's a bad due, but don't make excuses for him.

I thought IU was generally a little bit chattier/chippier on Saturday than they should have been. I'm glad we reminded them that they are just Indiana.
So I came to your board today to see how fan base was reacting to the Illinois loss.

Imagine my surprise to get a notice about this thread, and your claim that Penix taunted the PSU sideline.

Now, if you are blind and are going on what others told you, I apologize in advance. But otherwise, I'm correcting you. Not taunting. Correcting.

Ummm, he scored on the west side of the north end zone. In front of the IU bench and my seats. The North End Zone is also where recruits and families sit, and where the coaches families sit out on the patios outside their offices, and where the IU President has the only padded seats in the stadium where they have catered meals and sit with the heavy donors. Then there is the band. Then the IU student section, which is on the east side, behind the opposing bench and on that day was behind the Penn State bench.

So you are just wrong. You misinterpreted a college QB celebrating with his own college student section as "taunting your bench."

You can now correct whoever misled you. You may quote me.

So I came to your board today to see how fan base was reacting to the Illinois loss.

Imagine my surprise to get a notice about this thread, and your claim that Penix taunted the PSU sideline.

Now, if you are blind and are going on what others told you, I apologize in advance. But otherwise, I'm correcting you. Not taunting. Correcting.

Ummm, he scored on the west side of the north end zone. In front of the IU bench and my seats. The North End Zone is also where recruits and families sit, and where the coaches families sit out on the patios outside their offices, and where the IU President has the only padded seats in the stadium where they have catered meals and sit with the heavy donors. Then there is the band. Then the IU student section, which is on the east side, behind the opposing bench and on that day was behind the Penn State bench.

So you are just wrong. You misinterpreted a college QB celebrating with his own college student section as "taunting your bench."

You can now correct whoever misled you. You may quote me.
You are wrong about this. Go back to your own board and get ****ed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT