ADVERTISEMENT

You have to smile for Tom Brady

People confuse this with legal action. Good or bad, Goody has been given the power to do whatever he wants via the NFLPA's CBA with the owners. I like Brady and don't think the deflating of the balls is that big a deal. However, to insist that a ball boy acted on his own without direction from Brady or BB is ludicrous on its very face.

Rumors were, and now seem to be getting confirmed, that the Ravens tipped off the Colts before the AFC championship game. In an email to the Colts, the Ravens people said that "it is well known that the Patriots deflate the balls before game time". So the "it must have been really cold that day" argument is toast.

"They never told me that I would be punished for destroying my cell phone." (evidence). Buck up and take your medicine.

Poor little Tommy. How would he ever know that destruction of evidence was a 'no-no'? It's not like it was an issue with the Patriot's Aaron Hernandez case........oh wait a minute. ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Judge Smails
"They never told me that I would be punished for destroying my cell phone." (evidence). Buck up and take your medicine.
Who said he destroyed his cell phone? The NFL says he did; he said he did not. I would wait to see what an impartial third party, i.e., a Judge, has to say before choosing which side to believe.
I agree with what Obli said below - the collective bargaining agreement arguably gives the NFL the authority to handle this in the manner they have and that is likely to be the basis for any final ruling. But the Judge has given an edict to both sides to settle the matter and from that we can probably conclude the NFL is not in a great position here. One would think that any settlement is going to be better for Brady than the 4 game suspension.

Look up your team on this site. See how much cheating they've done over the years.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Neat link. Looked up my Chicago Bears. Who knew there was already a precedent for #DeflateGate?

Deflategate (2005) Modified: 03/23/2015
TEAM: The Chicago Bears

SEVERITY:
3-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Ex-Bears and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Jets QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Chicago Bears in 2005.

VICTIM: The entire league

PUNISHED? No

SHARE: http://YourTeamCheats.com/CHI#Deflategate-2005

And.....

Deflategate (2004) Modified: 04/04/2015">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

TEAM: The Philadelphia Eagles

SEVERITY:
3-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Ex-Eagles and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Eagles QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Eagles in 2004.

PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating

PUNISHMENT: He admitted doing it

SHARE: http://YourTeamCheats.com/PHI#Deflategate-2004

share-on-facebook.jpg
share-on-twitter.jpg

CHEATPOINTS EARNED:+ 3.0

People confuse this with legal action. Good or bad, Goody has been given the power to do whatever he wants via the NFLPA's CBA with the owners. I like Brady and don't think the deflating of the balls is that big a deal. However, to insist that a ball boy acted on his own without direction from Brady or BB is ludicrous on its very face.

Rumors were, and now seem to be getting confirmed, that the Ravens tipped off the Colts before the AFC championship game. In an email to the Colts, the Ravens people said that "it is well known that the Patriots deflate the balls before game time". So the "it must have been really cold that day" argument is toast.
I think it's a huge deal. To take air out of the balls that were inflated by officials and adjust them to how you like them. I would have given him 8 games. To think that someone would have the arrogance to do that is amazing to me. To all the guys that don't think it does not matter I will ask you then why did the Patriots do it?

And.....

Deflategate (2004) Modified: 04/04/2015">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

TEAM: The Philadelphia Eagles

SEVERITY:
3-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Ex-Eagles and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Eagles QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Eagles in 2004.

PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating

PUNISHMENT: He admitted doing it

SHARE: http://YourTeamCheats.com/PHI#Deflategate-2004

share-on-facebook.jpg
share-on-twitter.jpg

CHEATPOINTS EARNED:+ 3.0
They won't be doing it with the same frequency now.

Who said he destroyed his cell phone? The NFL says he did; he said he did not. I would wait to see what an impartial third party, i.e., a Judge, has to say before choosing which side to believe.
I agree with what Obli said below - the collective bargaining agreement arguably gives the NFL the authority to handle this in the manner they have and that is likely to be the basis for any final ruling. But the Judge has given an edict to both sides to settle the matter and from that we can probably conclude the NFL is not in a great position here. One would think that any settlement is going to be better for Brady than the 4 game suspension.
I would have given him eight games.

I bet those deflated balls impacted the outcome of the game that day too! LOL

I think it's a huge deal. To take air out of the balls that were inflated by officials and adjust them to how you like them. I would have given him 8 games. To think that someone would have the arrogance to do that is amazing to me. To all the guys that don't think it does not matter I will ask you then why did the Patriots do it?

Ordinarily I would agree 100% with you. I am struggling to weight the importance of the NFL allowing every QB, kicker or punter in the league the ability to "doctor" the ball to suit them in determining punishment for Brady and every other QB, kicker and punter in the NFL .....

One good outcome here is the new rules about possession and treatment game balls by officials only. Not the players.

Of course, they didn't know that before they broke the rule (or did they?).

Wasn't the score 45-7? The Colts must have known about the balls. Weren't they checking them? I guess the thought of the Brady's footballs being low in air could not be offset by whatever Andrew Luck did to doctor his footballs?

In full disclosure. I am not a Pats fan at all. Just find this entire incident, and its aftermath, to be ridiculous.

Reactions: Coultr77
I know a guy who knows Andy Luck very well. He has confirm over and over that Andy has been playing with his balls for years. Even though I don't like Michigan, the fact that Brady is a ball grabber some how charms the delights out of me. Meat Chi cken, a bunch of ball grabbers.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

Too much money = too much time = idle minds dreaming up concrete nonsense. Deflating balls?

Wow.

Learned from Bo maybe?

Ummm, the balls are not inflated by the refs. The teams prepare their own balls for use when they are on offense. The balls are supposed to be within a specified range for air pressure. To think that someone would have the arrogance to specify a punishment when they don't know the rules/procedures is amazing to me.

FWIW, I don't think it has been proven that a set balls inflated to the lowest acceptable pressure (12.5 psi) would not have dropped to the range shown when testing the balls at the beginning of half time. The Colts balls were brought back inside for most of halftime and some were reportedly still below the minimum on at least one of the gauges.

As for why, it is a matter of preference and comfort. I used to play a lot of volleyball as a setter and had a definite preference for certain brands of volleyballs and pressure. It doesn't mean that I couldn't or wouldn't play with other volleyballs.

Last edited:
Troy Vincent thought balls measured at 12.5 before the game should come in 12.5 at halftime. He suspended Brady for 4 games. Honestly, you can't make this up. NFL leasks story to Mort 11/12 balls 2 PSI under.

Roger Goodell denies Brady's appeal because he threw out his testimony. Goodell said that Brady only talking to equip guys about Super Bowl preparation is not believable. Brady told Wells they discussed the allegations he just heard from the radio show and super bowl preparations. NFL leaks to Stephen A that Brady destroyed cell phone. What side is lying again?

Fair enough. What would you give Odell Beckham for using stickem on his gloves and o-linemen for putting vasoline on their jerseys?
What is the rule if caught doing either of those things in a game? I would guess maybe unsportsmanlike conduct. Is that an ejection also? Is Beckham notorious for the stick em?

ADVERTISEMENT