ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta FIGHT for your RIGHT to FOOTBALL.

Cornmaker

Nov 26, 2007
Some lame B1G presidents were manipulated and scared by Darth Warren into forfeiting not just their own schools, but the entire conferences right to football. As a result many young men who have worked very hard preparing for football are denied their dream of playing big time football and showcasing their skills to the next level. Also many local bars and restaurants throughout the B1G that cater to football crowds are facing hard times.

Lets us stand up as fans and help our players fight for their right to FOOTBALL. The evil Darth Warren, who had no problem letting his own son play football in the backward SEC, declared that B1G football players could not play because of the uncertaintity due to the corona virus. This was done despite B1G schools having the best corona virus testing and protocals in the nation.

The danger of death to college athletes by corona virus is close to zero. Heres a quote from acsh.org: "As shown, deaths in young people (from babies to college students) are almost non-existent. The first age group to provide a substantial contribution to the death toll is 45-54 years, who contribute nearly 5% of all coronavirus deaths. More than 80% of deaths occur in people aged 65 and over. That increases to over 92% if the 55-64 age group is included." One also needs to realise that of the 170, 000 corona deaths only 6 percent had only the corona virus. The average covid 19 death had 2.9 other serious conditions. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm . Reviewing some of this data should convince a person that the danger of death to a person by covid 19 in his/her 20s is almost zero and much less than those killed in car accidents.

B1G fans cannot let this great hypocrisy stand! We as fans must do everything in our power to stop Darth Warren and put pressure on the B1G presidents and ADs to restore B1G college football in the fall. We need to keep up the pressure by emailing the B1G office. Also those who are close to Chicago could go to the office and protest the cancellation of football. We must keep up the fight, or the idiots will not admit their mistake.

So you refer to the SEC as the "backward SEC". But they are playing football. You want to play football. You want, what the SEC is currently prepared to do. The B1G is not playing football ...... So by YOUR logic, who is "backward".?

So you refer to the SEC as the "backward SEC". But they are playing football. You want to play football. You want, what the SEC is currently prepared to do. The B1G is not playing football ...... So by YOUR logic, who is "backward".?
by any measure, SEC country is backward

I am still trying to figure Who’s Zooming Who after all these years.
All you have to do is click on the ... in the upper left hand corner.

It is different than GoToMeeting and WebEx but that is how you know in Zoom.

And if you know how to do it, you get much R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

The two P5 conferences who received letters from player groups asking for them to agree to a list of deliverables have cancelled football/fall sports. Where are those player groups now? What is their 'ask'? Can't be both '#IWantToPlay' and 'B1GUnited'....

Thank you. I'm sick of people stereotyping the southeast part of the U.S.

Yea, being from PA and when I go home to Berks County and I see first hand all those high brow sophisticated places like Reading, Birdsboro, Pottstown, Hamburg, Port Clinton, Shoemakersville...... makes me realize how the "south" is backwards :rolleyes:

Yea, being from PA and when I go home to Berks County and I see first hand all those high brow sophisticated places like Reading, Birdsboro, Pottstown, Hamburg, Port Clinton, Shoemakersville...... makes me realize how the "south" is backwards :rolleyes:
Don't forget Shamokin, Mount Carmel and Frackville............booming

Meca's of class & sophistication. We all down here in the south have nothin as classy as those places.
Shamokin has the world's largest culm bank.....visible from 650 Center Street in Tharptown (my Dad's gas station). Out of state folk would stop for gas, and point in amazement asking what it was.....with a straight face I swore that Shamokin had the largest watch cleaning facility in the world.

Shamokin has the world's largest culm bank.....visible from 650 Center Street in Tharptown (my Dad's gas station). Out of state folk would stop for gas, and point in amazement asking what it was.....with a straight face I swore that Shamokin had the largest watch cleaning facility in the world.

Not anymore, it is dwindling like the others. Being used in co-gen plants for heat & electricity. Ask the prisons in Frackville.

Right? You've come to the wrong place, cornholer. Lots of folks here believe it is a privilege to play college football.
There are very few natural rights except in this loony bin.

Not anymore, it is dwindling like the others. Being used in co-gen plants for heat & electricity. Ask the prisons in Frackville.

Yea it’s kind of funny actually - a guy I know bought the mountain - stuck a bulldozer on top of it loads up the trucks and now the mountain is disappearing right in front of your eyes.

he makes a ton of money on it - of course can’t confirm this but the rumor is $50k/week

Take a drive through Sharon, Farrell, New Castle, Beaver Falls, Aliquippa, Ambridge, Monaca, McKeesport, Clairton, McKees Rocks...........then tell me how bad the south is.

Yea it’s kind of funny actually - a guy I know bought the mountain - stuck a bulldozer on top of it loads up the trucks and now the mountain is disappearing right in front of your eyes.

he makes a ton of money on it - of course can’t confirm this but the rumor is $50k/week

The $50K is not unrealistic. Years ago a culm bank just outside of New Philadelphia was being reclaimed; they were getting around 80% usable coal per ton.

Reactions: colt21
I love the part where a certain group of people completely ignore the fact that schools have been shuttered to this point, but then say stupid things like "ThE cHaNcE oF kIdS gEtTiNg SrSlY sICk Is LoW!". It's going to blow up again, and unnecessary events should be avoided in order to minimize the impact.These kids should be thrilled with still getting a high quality education for free, and not "having their brains beaten in on the field" for one season.

Cornmaker, dailybuck, etc..... Why do fans of other programs come here to start threads? I don’t get it.

What’s funny is if all this fighting back were to get b1g football back for the fall (it won’t, but if), no one would watch anyway. Everyone would complain about the lack of non-conference ASS. BEATINGS. :eek: to work out the kinks, the stale atmosphere with no one in the stands, and all the good players sitting out. It would amount to “Why in the hell did we fight for this shit?”

:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT