ADVERTISEMENT

You Do The HOKIE POKIE - You Move Your QB 'Round!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
In my rants and more rants the last 48 hours I talked play calling re: MISDIRECTION PLAYS.

VT obviously knows that's how you attack an overly aggressive defense. Roll right.....throw left. TD! Repeat.....TD!

BEAUTIFUL!

In my rants and more rants the last 48 hours I talked play calling re: MISDIRECTION PLAYS.

VT obviously knows that's how you attack an overly aggressive defense. Roll right.....throw left. TD! Repeat.....TD!

BEAUTIFUL!

Keep in mind, this is a VaTech team that went 3-5 in the ACC playing in the creampuff Coastal Division and didn't even play F$U out of Division for one of their losses! Their 6 losses last year came to East Carolina, GaTech, Pitt, Miami, BC and Wake Forest for pete's sake!

I am not watching the game, but based upon your post I checked the score.
b26977c3546f6decb318e02fc74e9baa.gif

BEAUTIFUL!

Wow. Va Tech had absolutely no offensive success and were down 14-0 after 2 series. The game was well on the way to blow out city. Then they did something weird......they made what some call "adjustments". I know, I know- hard to believe but stick with me here. They make these "adjustments" and suddenly the tenor of the game changed. 17- 14 VA Tech over #1 Ohio State at the half. Someone want to wake Donovan and make sure he's watching this game? ;)

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ok... here is the difference. osu ain't blitzing like temple. they are being aggressive, and that can be countered. dealing with the blitz is an entirely different can of crap. aggressive is off-set by mis-direction.. the blitz requires quick reads and quick thinking.

i full well expect osu made changes at the half. let's see how it plays out.

This game is UNREAL! First VA Tech makes these "adjustments" and takes the lead. (Note- VA Tech didn't wait for halftime to make the "adjustments"). Now Ohio State made some "adjustments" at half time and they have the lead back 35- 17!!!! Who knew this was even possible? ;)

Reactions: fairgambit
total agreement and full spot on.. that said, the hit on brewer completely changed the game. and that said, the hit was legit and that's what happens when you keep plating the Qb.. eventually, something gives.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
This game is UNREAL! First VA Tech makes these "adjustments" and takes the lead. (Note- VA Tech didn't wait for halftime to make the "adjustments"). Now Ohio State made some "adjustments" at half time and they have the lead back 35- 17!!!! Who knew this was even possible? ;)
And I must now make an adjustment to my earlier, happy dancing post.
sad-and-sorry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: psu00
total agreement and full spot on.. that said, the hit on brewer completely changed the game. and that said, the hit was legit and that's what happens when you keep plating the Qb.. eventually, something gives.

Yep- the qb going out just killed VA Tech. They bring in their backup who has never thrown a pass in a game before. Along with the point about the qb getting killed repeatedly and it's fall out it also brings up the point of getting your back up qb some playing time in blow out wins/ losses so when they are required to enter a game it's not like this game tonight.

interesting reversal. at osu last year, barrett comes in for the starter and looks like a fish outta water. now, back in VT's home, return of favor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT