ADVERTISEMENT

You are the new AD at tOSU

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
who are you going after to be your new football coach?

Let's start with a couple of assumptions:

- you're going to stick with the interim guy for this season, but only for this season
-you are not announcing a search, but your intent is to find the top guy you can get
-you can spend with anybody in the country
-Saban is staying at Alabama, and you aren't spending any time on him because you know this

So who are you going after, and why?

(NOTE- this is for fun, if you want to talk about the real situation, there are other threads for that already)

- you're going to stick with the interim guy for this season, but only for this season
-you are not announcing a search, but your intent is to find the top guy you can get
-Saban is staying at Alabama, and you aren't spending any time on him because you know this

(NOTE- this is for fun, if you want to talk about the real situation, there are other threads for that already)
Advertise on Gregslist?

Reactions: 91Joe95
Maybe Jim Tressel? If they are seriously considering keeping Urban Meyer with this spouse abuse issue, why wouldn't they consider bringing back tattoo-gate? Seems Tressel was fired for less.

Maybe Jim Tressel? If they are seriously considering keeping Urban Meyer with this spouse abuse issue, why wouldn't they consider bringing back tattoo-gate? Seems Tressel was fired for less.
Tressel's show cause came off the books last year. I wouldn't put it past them to rehire him.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I believe James Franklin would be on the radar and they would be throwing more money around then PSU. Scary but a reality

As another poster mentioned, Matt Campbell would be one name and another, a similar backstory, is PJ Fleck. I can see either of them at OSU but one big caveat will be how they do this season. If they both suffer losing seasons, which I can see happening, it would be tough to get the fanbase on board.
I would think Mike Vrabel would be a popular choice in Columbus.

Why are you assuming the new AD won't keep Meyer?
I know OSU fans would like to think otherwise, there is no way Smith the AD gets fired and Meyer stays. The HC at OSU hires and fires his coaches, not the AD. So if Smith told Urban he was welcome to keep Zack Smith, Urban still had every right to fire him for conduct that went against the core values of the program. So if Gene Smith made the call that it was okay to keep him, that merely confirms both he and Meyer were content tolerating the conduct. They are tied at the hip on this.

I know OSU fans would like to think otherwise, there is no way Smith the AD gets fired and Meyer stays. The HC at OSU hires and fires his coaches, not the AD. So if Smith told Urban he was welcome to keep Zack Smith, Urban still had every right to fire him for conduct that went against the core values of the program. So if Gene Smith made the call that it was okay to keep him, that merely confirms both he and Meyer were content tolerating the conduct. They are tied at the hip on this.

As a non-Ohio State fan that couldn't care less about what happens to Meyer I completely disagree. Too many people here just want to see Meyer gone that they're setting themselves up for disappointment IMO

As a non-Ohio State fan that couldn't care less about what happens to Meyer I completely disagree. Too many people here just want to see Meyer gone that they're setting themselves up for disappointment IMO
Of course people on here want to see him gone...why wouldn’t they? After the sh!t Joe went through, it would be nice to see some equitable treatment. But beyond that, if it gives us an advantage, then of course we should hope it happens. If you were a PSU fan (which we all know you’re not), you would want the same thing.

Of course people on here want to see him gone...why wouldn’t they? After the sh!t Joe went through, it would be nice to see some equitable treatment. But beyond that, if it gives us an advantage, then of course we should hope it happens. If you were a PSU fan (which we all know you’re not), you would want the same thing.

I don't want our path to be easier...I want to beat the best of the best. it's a shame you're scared of competition.
Just because the NCAA wrongly got involved with Paterno doesn't mean they should with anyone else. Let's be honest again--the BOT did more damage to Paterno than the NCAA

I don't want our path to be easier...I want to beat the best of the best. it's a shame you're scared of competition.
Just because the NCAA wrongly got involved with Paterno doesn't mean they should with anyone else. Let's be honest again--the BOT did more damage to Paterno than the NCAA
Why would you not want our path to be easier? Isn’t the purpose to win the Big and get in the CFP every year? Whatever helps us do that should be a good thing. We can beat the best in the playoffs.

And I don’t care what the BOT did, it doesn’t give the NCAA the right to overstep their authority and then turn around and treat everyone else differently.

Why would you not want our path to be easier? Isn’t the purpose to win the Big and get in the CFP every year? Whatever helps us do that should be a good thing. We can beat the best in the playoffs.

And I don’t care what the BOT did, it doesn’t give the NCAA the right to overstep their authority and then turn around and treat everyone else differently.

I don't want an easy path. I want to actually enjoy high quality games during the season and I want us to be able to beat other elite teams. I'm sorry that I don't want to play weak teams weekly. Again, it's sad you're afraid of competition.

The BOT gave the NCAA the right to overstep their authority--CONSENT DECREE

We essentially killed the NCAA...they'll never do anything like what they did to Penn State again and that's a good thing even if your bias can't let you see that. It's just a shame not one at Penn State fought for us.

Matt Campbell is a solid coach, as mentioned Ohio native and would recruit well in Columbus. However, is Urban Meyer done at Ohio?

I don't want an easy path. I want to actually enjoy high quality games during the season and I want us to be able to beat other elite teams. I'm sorry that I don't want to play weak teams weekly. Again, it's sad you're afraid of competition.

The BOT gave the NCAA the right to overstep their authority--CONSENT DECREE

We essentially killed the NCAA...they'll never do anything like what they did to Penn State again and that's a good thing even if your bias can't let you see that. It's just a shame not one at Penn State fought for us.
Even without Meyer, OSU would still be a quality opponent. It’s not like they would suddenly become Kansas. And I’m not afraid of competition, but I would certainly rather have an edge. Maybe we should only take one 5 star recruit a year so we don’t have an edge over our opponents...then almost every team we play will be better than us so every game will be against a quality opponent. And you have a real hang up with the term bias, but you’re equally biased...just biased against Penn State...but it’s still a bias. And why should I be happy that other schools are getting away with doing things worse than Penn State and getting no punishment for it because the NCAA overstepped with us and lost all their power? How does that make things better? We should all be happy because we got crushed but everyone else can now cheat and never get in trouble....yay, that’s such great news.

Even without Meyer, OSU would still be a quality opponent. It’s not like they would suddenly become Kansas. And I’m not afraid of competition, but I would certainly rather have an edge. Maybe we should only take one 5 star recruit a year so we don’t have an edge over our opponents...then almost every team we play will be better than us so every game will be against a quality opponent. And you have a real hang up with the term bias, but you’re equally biased...just biased against Penn State...but it’s still a bias. And why should I be happy that other schools are getting away with doing things worse than Penn State and getting no punishment for it because the NCAA overstepped with us and lost all their power? How does that make things better? We should all be happy because we got crushed but everyone else can now cheat and never get in trouble....yay, that’s such great news.

We got crushed because we allowed it to happen. We should be thrilled the NCAA won't do anything to anyone else--it proves they were wrong.

Saying I'm biased against Penn State because I want to play the best of the best and I don't want other schools sanctioned incorrectly/wrongly is pure stupidity on your part man.

I want Penn State to be the best of the best and I want to earn it. Ideally against other elite teams and coaches. I want to beat Meyer on the field...you are afraid of him despite your claims

We got crushed because we allowed it to happen. We should be thrilled the NCAA won't do anything to anyone else--it proves they were wrong.

Saying I'm biased against Penn State because I want to play the best of the best and I don't want other schools sanctioned incorrectly/wrongly is pure stupidity on your part man.

I want Penn State to be the best of the best and I want to earn it. Ideally against other elite teams and coaches. I want to beat Meyer on the field...you are afraid of him despite your claims
Proving they’re wrong doesn’t help us at all, so why should I be happy?

And I’m saying you’re biased against Penn State for way more than what you posted in this thread, but you know that. Your whole posting history is anti-Penn State, pro everyone else, and an occasional passive aggressive compliment. This thread is just one of a million that backs up everyone’s claim that you’re not a Penn State fan.

And I think it’s humorous that you say I’m afraid of Meyer....why would I be? I don’t have to coach or play against him? As long as Meyer is there, OSU will always be over hyped and will always get the edge over PSU, so if he gets fired, quits, or retires, then I will be happy. Anything that helps Penn State is a good thing...at least for a Penn State fan.

Reactions: Phil's Rug

Beth Knowlins, with Suzy Kolber as assistant head coach/offensive coordinator...

ADVERTISEMENT