ADVERTISEMENT

You are a Heisman voter. Your ballot is due Dec 4th. As of today, who are your top four?

I’m a Penn State homer and would vote for Barkley first. I don’t watch enough of other teams, but would include Love from Stanford and the SD St. RB on the list. I would also include the best defensive player, which is Jewel from Iowa. I would not include Mayfield because of his character issues nor Taylor from Wisky because he’s a freshman and I could run for 100 yards a game behind the Wisky O line.

Reactions: Scatman07
As of today, who are YOUR top four on your Heisman ballot?

1- Lamar Jackson
2- Love
3- Barkley

Lamar Jackson is the best football player in college football with Saquan a close second. Funny how Lamar doesn’t get the hype this year despite having an even worse supporting cast but higher numbers.

Baker Mayfield is fast becoming Johnny Football part two. I wish the Heisman voters would send a message to the young people of this country and forget his name when they fill out the ballot. I find it hard to believe that with all the coaches and other responsible adults on the sideline......no one had the courage to tell this kid to shut up and sit down.

Reactions: LionwiththeDevil
Mayfield has separated himself IMO
I'm guessing it plays out with most people having already voted as
Mayfield
Love
Jackson
Barkley
Tate
though I think Barkley's the best player in the game he doesn't have the best
numbers

Mayfield has separated himself IMO
I'm guessing it plays out with most people having already voted as
Mayfield
Love
Jackson
Barkley
Tate
though I think Barkley's the best player in the game he doesn't have the best
numbers
Well, I thought the Heisman was for the best player in college football.

No. It’s not. It goes to the most outstanding....and if Mayfield gets it it’s bullshit. His behavior should nix him. Great player yes. Most outstanding? Nawp

Best player is different than most outstanding. Saquon doesn't have the numbers. Stuff like pass protection isn't factor in for the Heisman but it is for when you evaluate players. If "the best player won" lineman would have multiple wins. In reality it's the best performing player on a contending team. We're out so is Barkley.

Reactions: psu2016
Best player is different than most outstanding. Saquon doesn't have the numbers. Stuff like pass protection isn't factor in for the Heisman but it is for when you evaluate players. If "the best player won" lineman would have multiple wins. In reality it's the best performing player on a contending team. We're out so is Barkley.
You are right...the reality is most often the best performing player on a contending....and that unfortunate criteria has led to winners like Geno Toretta. And in some cases a Lineman should have won.

In reality it's the most hyped QB on any team. Your statement that it's for a player on a contender was shown to be wrong last year. Voters stated they picked Jackson over Watson because he was a better player. There's about as much consistency in the Heisman voting as there is in the CFP voting. They are also supposed to include "exhibiting the pursuit of excellence with integrity"....so much for Mayfield. But again, it's all about hype.

Reactions: BBrown
As of today, who are YOUR top four on your Heisman ballot?

1.) Mayfield. I don't like it and I think he's got a real shot at going the Johnny Manzel, Ryan Leaf route but he's the best right now.
2.) Lamar Jackson, Quitely having a really great season and he's pretty much all Louisville has.
3.) Barkley. He's so good he changes the game when he's not even it it. See Nebraskas kickoffs.
4.) Love. Don't get to see many of his games and he's missed a few but what I have seen he's very good.
Has a chance to move up higher with a dominating game over ND.

ADVERTISEMENT