ADVERTISEMENT

Yo Crypto dudes

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Man, the Defi market is bonkers in particular. ETh up over 3300.

I bought COMP at $108 in Nov and it was over $800 yesterday.

It’s funny. I’m the 1 Gen Xer among a group of about 5 or 6 millennials at work who are into it. It’s become like a running joke as we throw out crypto prices. The 30/40 somethings sitting near us are generally befuddled

🚀

What do you think about Doge? Up from $0.005 5-6 months ago to as high as $0.69 in the last 24 hours.

for me, DOGE has way too much volatility, not to mention an unlimited supply of tokens. I keep most of my tokens in the NFT space (ENJ, CHZ) and tokens in good spaces (supply chain, payment speed, low fees) with legit leadership (ADA, BNB, ETH, VET... etc)

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
My 18 year old son is into Doge and has been doing pretty well. I had no idea until about a month ago. He told me that he doesn't want to be working when he is my age.......

What do you think about Doge? Up from $0.005 5-6 months ago to as high as $0.69 in the last 24 hours.
Doge is a joke, but the memery and momentum behind it are very funny. A guy at work who bought at .002 and sold really low keeps a running tally on his whiteboard of what he’d have if he hodled it - it’s at $1.7 million.

Like one of guys above, most of what I own are things running off the Ethereum Blockchain Protocol - aiding the settlement of smart contracts, operating a money market on the decentralized network , etc.

On paper, I’m up 3-7x on everything since I started in October. Re: Doge - I need to stay attuned to the kids on Reddit (and Elon) on the next big thing

Last edited:
Doge is a joke, but the memery and momentum behind it are very funny. A guy at work who bought at .002 and sold really low keeps a running tally on his whiteboard of what he’d have if he hodled it - it’s at $1.7 million.

Like one of guys above, most of what I own are things running off the Ethereum Blockchain Protocol - aiding the settlement of smart contracts, operating a money market on the decentralized network , etc.

On paper, I’m up 3-7x on everything since I started in October. Re: Doge - I need to stay attuned to the kids on Reddit (and Elon) on the next big thing

yeah i bought at like .05$ and sold at 7% profit. if i had held it i'd be pretty alright. the tough part is HODLing through the volatility, which unless you're planning on a long-term HODL, is damn near impossible.

My initial investment is up like 5x. in the last month i upped my investment and that's up like 75% at this point. not playing the short term, get-rich-quick stuff. diamond hands.... if you pick good tokens with solid fundamentals, you can't go wrong. institutional adoption is growing massively. it can only go up

yeah i bought at like .05$ and sold at 7% profit. if i had held it i'd be pretty alright. the tough part is HODLing through the volatility, which unless you're planning on a long-term HODL, is damn near impossible.

My initial investment is up like 5x. in the last month i upped my investment and that's up like 75% at this point. not playing the short term, get-rich-quick stuff. diamond hands.... if you pick good tokens with solid fundamentals, you can't go wrong. institutional adoption is growing massively. it can only go up
I listen to this daily podcast. Pretty good snapshot of what’s going on. The funny thing is big institutions like JPM poo-pooing crypto 1 month - then a few months later they are setting up crypto funds for their high- wealth private clients

Reactions: nittanyfan333
I listen to this daily podcast. Pretty good snapshot of what’s going on. The funny thing is big institutions like JPM poo-pooing crypto 1 month - then a few months later they are setting up crypto funds for their high- wealth private clients

seeing this A LOT. started with Michael Saylor, and now Elon Musk, Mark Cuban, Ray Dalio.... the skeptics keep changing their minds.

i'm gonna have to check out the breakdown. If you haven't heard of him, might want to check out the Pomp Podcast as well. Anthony Pompliano. I'd suggest to anyone looking into crypto, watch the episode of the Flagrant 2 podcast where Pomp was on. He does a great job of explaining crypto and the underlying blockchain tech. plus Andrew Schulz and Akaash Singh are funny as shit!

seeing this A LOT. started with Michael Saylor, and now Elon Musk, Mark Cuban, Ray Dalio.... the skeptics keep changing their minds.

i'm gonna have to check out the breakdown. If you haven't heard of him, might want to check out the Pomp Podcast as well. Anthony Pompliano. I'd suggest to anyone looking into crypto, watch the episode of the Flagrant 2 podcast where Pomp was on. He does a great job of explaining crypto and the underlying blockchain tech. plus Andrew Schulz and Akaash Singh are funny as shit!
Pomp is good on twitter. I’ll try and check the podcast out.

I enjoy hearing the “get off my lawn” types. See, e.g. Charlie Munger of BH calling Bitcoin “disgusting and contrary to the interest of civilization”

Reactions: nittanyfan333
I would assume cryptos are bought with US$ many places through out the world, not just the states. Inflation, or even just the perception that inflation is coming is gonna continue to have people all over unloading cash for crypto.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I threw $300 into Doge a month or so ago. I'm now sitting at 5k and that's after I sold $500 worth yesterday to throw into VET. I jumped into Safemoon last week (which was a PITA). Right now I have DOGE, HBAR, LINK, VET, XLM, XRP, Safemoon and a little ETH. I fully admit I have no clue what I am doing.

I threw $300 into Doge a month or so ago. I'm now sitting at 5k and that's after I sold $500 worth yesterday to throw into VET. I jumped into Safemoon last week (which was a PITA). Right now I have DOGE, HBAR, LINK, VET, XLM, XRP, Safemoon and a little ETH. I fully admit I have no clue what I am doing.
the problem with Crypto is that it isn't anchored by anything. It simply rides on the wind. The last six months have been great economically as we round the corner away from COVID and govts are spending money like drunken sailors. But when that unsustainable cycle is over, I fear cryto.

Having said that, I know a lot of mainstream banks are moving in to allow people to trade in Cryto. I wonder how long the govt will allow that. Feels like a Ponzi scheme to me but aren't all stocks in the end?

I've got a friend who's worked for coinbase for 14 months and made $1.2 in stock options when they went public a few weeks ago. He's 26.

Reactions: Grass

good call with VET. I like what they’re doing with supply chain, and sunny lu is a proven commodity to lead them. That’s a long term HODL for me dawg.

Reactions: Grass and Bessmoney
good call with VET. I like what they’re doing with supply chain, and sunny lu is a proven commodity to lead them. That’s a long term HODL for me dawg.
Can I ask what exchanges you and @Grass (and others) trade on? I started with Coinbase of course in October, but want to trade in other cryptos CB doesn’t offer

Can I ask what exchanges you and @Grass (and others) trade on? I started with Coinbase of course in October, but want to trade in other cryptos CB doesn’t offer

Bittrex, Coinbase and Binance.us and Kraken. Started on Coinbase, got some ETH and ADA on bittrex when I thought I could find CHZ on there (couldn't), moved to Binance.us and that's where I have the majority of my stuff, and use Kraken because at the time that was the only place I could find DOT.

Another few questions for the group:

if you're all HODLing, do you use a hardware wallet? or just keep your tokens on exchange wallets? I've been looking at moving my stuff to a hardware wallet for cold storage since I don't plan on dumping anything any time soon, but wanted to know if others use one.

Anyone staking? I stake my DOT on Kraken, but that's it at this point. figure if my tokens are gonna just sit there, might as well stake them and earn a little something on them.

Bittrex, Coinbase and Binance.us and Kraken. Started on Coinbase, got some ETH and ADA on bittrex when I thought I could find CHZ on there (couldn't), moved to Binance.us and that's where I have the majority of my stuff, and use Kraken because at the time that was the only place I could find DOT.

Another few questions for the group:

if you're all HODLing, do you use a hardware wallet? or just keep your tokens on exchange wallets? I've been looking at moving my stuff to a hardware wallet for cold storage since I don't plan on dumping anything any time soon, but wanted to know if others use one.

Anyone staking? I stake my DOT on Kraken, but that's it at this point. figure if my tokens are gonna just sit there, might as well stake them and earn a little something on them.
Hah-I was somewhat tossing and turning last night about getting a cold wallet due to my balance growing and warnings about keeping on a hot wallet. I’m thinking about buying a Ledger Nano

Hah-I was somewhat tossing and turning last night about getting a cold wallet due to my balance growing and warnings about keeping on a hot wallet. I’m thinking about buying a Ledger Nano

great minds think alike. i have been debating for a few months now. as soon as my 17k-buy-in bitcoin went to over 50k, i was like "ok this isn't chump change speculative anymore". losing 3 digits sucks, losing 4-5 digits hurts. I've been waffling between the nanoX and the Trezor Model T.

Why do I think this is nothing but a form of gambling, and that people are going to get burned?
A lot of young people with margin accounts = strong possibility. Same when Day Trading on the traditional exchanges became a thing in the 90s.

Why do I think this is nothing but a form of gambling, and that people are going to get burned?

This time will be different. If a bunch of young influential people get burned, some politicians will come up with a crypto infrastructure bailout for them :rolleyes:

Reactions: Grass
This time will be different. If a bunch of young influential people get burned, some politicians will come up with a crypto infrastructure bailout for them :rolleyes:
Haha - you mean like the 2008 bailouts of “Too Big to Fail” institutions? Complete with agreements governing said massive bailouts being shorter than a car rental agreement?

ADVERTISEMENT