ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, it's cold!

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
us_chill.gif

The wind feels like a knife. Sucks when you have dogs that need to be taken out.

Walked our Siberian Husky this morning as I do everyday. The air temp is -4 degrees, wind chill -15. I was very bundled up. I'm not sure if she knew it was cold. Lol. I would not trade any moment I get to spend with her for anything. She's the third Husky we have raised over the past 30 plus years. They really enjoy the cold and the snow and they are awesome friends and we are happy to be part of her pack.

The first Husky was raised, she loved thunderstorms. Whenever the thunder started, she went to the door and wanted to go on a walk. Crazy huskies.

Happy New Year guys. I was out last night in central NJ and the temperature in the car read 7° . My daughter keeps insisting that this is a result of global warming.

I’m in Minneapolis. You don’t have to tell me!!!

I just spent the last week about two hours west. One day, the thermometer read -15. Had to be another 20 degrees or so colder with the wind chill in the barren farming town. I mean, what the hell can you do in those temps? Other than drink and eat?

Whenever we have weather like this I hope it will kill off most of the tick population.
It never does.

It’s 72 where I am - my living room! Wife thinks we are running errands today , ha!! I will help her cash in the Red Lobster gift certificate, and that is where it ends! Lol.

Whenever we have weather like this I hope it will kill off most of the tick population.
It never does.
According to my biologist friend, you need 10 days of really cold (I think around 10 degrees) to have a significant affect on the tick population. This weather may put a good dent in it.

Not that cold here in Sarasota. Supposed to be in high 60’s today, which is disappointing.

According to my biologist friend, you need 10 days of really cold (I think around 10 degrees) to have a significant affect on the tick population. This weather may put a good dent in it.

There are ticks in Alaska and Canada. Unfortunately they survive the cold.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT