ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, it is not easy

DrJC

May 29, 2001
It is very difficult to watch PSU. That is sad to say. There used to be an optimism when I watched a game - even when outmatched on paper, JoePa would surprise you in the quality of performance of the team. For sure, physical toughness was a trademark of PSU teams. Coaches often stated that their teams were beat up physically for a week after playing PSU (Lou Holtz). The OL and DL were always tough to play against. Our OL is horrible. No running game. It seems that we have become some type of West Coast team, not a BigTen team. You cannot play and win in the BigTen unless. you are physical and have top notch OL and DL and the coaches to make them successful. This is Franklin's failing. We need an O'Brien period. He made a lot out of a down and out team. I see no change in the future with Franklin. Sorry. I hope I am proven wrong - please!

Reactions: PSUinMICH
My wife and son ganged up on me yesterday for my lack of optimism.

I was passed at #16 early for the totally unnecessary 15 yard late hit. Took the teeth out of our d and yielded a TD.

I predicted that our series before half needed a td b/c 98 can't be trusted on short fgs. When it happened I was the jinx.

After multiple big loss tackles were missed which turned into gains I mentioned that our guys don't use their arms while tackling. Soon after 12 whiffs on what became a critical play.

When 4 got beat by their #1 receiver who dropped the ball, I was berated for not celebrating...but on that play for their best guy to be so wide open at the sticks was a breakdown. Same with #3 on the 4th and 15 td.

When Lee was powering through at one point I yelled for him to go down. That's where fumbles happen and he is from Florida. Then it happened....

It sucks watching the game anticipating the inevitable mess up...but that's where we are at in this iteration of Lions. 7-5 is what we deserve, 8-4 if we had gotten a break over the past 6 weeks. Still frustrating.

My wife and son ganged up on me yesterday for my lack of optimism.

I was passed at #16 early for the totally unnecessary 15 yard late hit. Took the teeth out of our d and yielded a TD.

I predicted that our series before half needed a td b/c 98 can't be trusted on short fgs. When it happened I was the jinx.

After multiple big loss tackles were missed which turned into gains I mentioned that our guys don't use their arms while tackling. Soon after 12 whiffs on what became a critical play.

When 4 got beat by their #1 receiver who dropped the ball, I was berated for not celebrating...but on that play for their best guy to be so wide open at the sticks was a breakdown. Same with #3 on the 4th and 15 td.

When Lee was powering through at one point I yelled for him to go down. That's where fumbles happen and he is from Florida. Then it happened....

It sucks watching the game anticipating the inevitable mess up...but that's where we are at in this iteration of Lions. 7-5 is what we deserve, 8-4 if we had gotten a break over the past 6 weeks. Still frustrating.

It comes down to discipline, execution and the right choice player for the position requirements. Stoudt is great at kick offs ... but why is he kicking field goals?

What a joke.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT