Yellen says the transitory inflation will be here another year............

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I think we need more government spending..... To create jobs..... right??

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says Americans will likely see another year of ‘very uncomfortably high’ inflation​

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/10/tre...-says-inflation-could-be-high-for-a-year.html

• Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Thursday that Americans will likely see another year of “very uncomfortably high” inflation.
  • “We have seen a very meaningful increase in gas prices, and my guess is that next month we’ll see further evidence of an impact on U.S. inflation of Putin’s war on Ukraine,” Yellen said.
  • The Treasury secretary’s comments came just hours after the Labor Department said consumer prices rose 7.9% in February, the fastest pace since 1982.

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says Americans will likely see another year of ‘very uncomfortably high’ inflation​

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/10/tre...-says-inflation-could-be-high-for-a-year.html

• Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Thursday that Americans will likely see another year of “very uncomfortably high” inflation.
  • “We have seen a very meaningful increase in gas prices, and my guess is that next month we’ll see further evidence of an impact on U.S. inflation of Putin’s war on Ukraine,” Yellen said.
  • The Treasury secretary’s comments came just hours after the Labor Department said consumer prices rose 7.9% in February, the fastest pace since 1982.

She has no idea how this works.

Just babbling.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
It's pretty simple. The Democrats want inflation. To curb inflation the Federal Reserve would have to materially raise borrowing costs, crimping government spending, AND the Democrats would have to reverse course on their energy policies.

They will do neither because their ideology uses people as fodder. As long as the people can be distracted and remain ignorant, it will work through elections.

Best of all in Yellen's thinking is that she now has a scapegoat in Putin. The Republican campaign will have to show that the mess was fired up well before Putin moved his troops.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Yellen is the absolute worst. Zero eate policy for years for no apparent reason except to enrich her PE buddies.

Geithner for an example.

PE is great when you can borrow at zero and fire people at will.

LdN