ADVERTISEMENT

Yasar Dogu

Jordan Burroughs (“JB”) vs Chance Marstellar (“CM”)

Gold Medal Match; 79 kg

JB quick ankle pick TD. 2-0. No Turn. Restart.

JB single leg pushout a min later. 3-0,

JB again in on a single. CM whizzers but JB gets behind at edge of mat. 5-0. Restart.

Ref stops it after hard club by CM. They shake hands and restart.

5-0 JB at the break. JB scored on all three of his shots.

Another JB single results in a pushout. 6-0

CM trying to get in nonstop but JB won’t let him. CM finally touched a leg but JB was out of it immediately. JB eventually scores on a counter and it’s 8-0. That’s how it ends. 8-0 JB. Great action throughout.

Edit: neither wrestler was even warned for passivity. Both wrestlers kept the action up and both showed good gas tanks.

Last edited:
It's good to have you back, Nico! I forgot how fun it was watching you work for finishes. The ultimate dog on a bone.

This never gets old:

WhoppingFreeIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

And honestly he didn't look small, at least in the bronze medal match.

He's been posting a lot of videos of him in the NLWC/PSU weight room lately. I saw him doing a sled push with Josh Rodriguez standing on the sled.

He looked a little small compared to the Georgian guy he wrestled in the quarters. He had the guy he wrestled in R16 about to keel over. Dude was standing straight up and didn't do much for the last 30 seconds.

QF:

R16:

It's awesome that our guys get a feel for an international wrestler of his caliber. I don't think many people know that he is the ONLY person to ever tech Jordan Burroughs in international competition. And it wasn't a 2 + 4 laces, either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT