ADVERTISEMENT

Yariguin

Brrrrr!!!! I hope they are dressed for winter. That’s not exactly Palm Springs at this time of the year.

This is a great group heading over. The biggest contingent ever, maybe???

I just hope Ukraine doesn't cause an issue coming or going for the guys.

Brrrrr!!!! I hope they are dressed for winter. That’s not exactly Palm Springs at this time of the year.

Need to find Snyder a nice tournament in Florida or Arizona, because he keeps going back to this:

DUeUvUfV4AA_S4l.jpg

No DT? Is he injured?
I feel like maybe DT has reached a new phase of his career, where he probably doesn’t need to seek out as much competition. Or maybe he really wanted to go, but couldn’t for some other reason. But when you’re the king, sometimes it’s good to stay in the lair and let the yungins beat each other up.

Well, at least the weather looks pretty consistent.

Wed 1/19
Thu 1/20
Fri 1/21
Sat 1/22
Sun 1/23
Mon 1/24
Tue 1/25
Wed 1/26
Thu 1/27
Fri 1/28
-- | -3°Fobs-icon
Mostly Clear

11° | -2°Fobs-icon
Mostly Sunny

11° | -4°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

7° | -8°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

4° | -9°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

4° | -8°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

6° | -9°Fobs-icon
Mostly Cloudy

8° | -7°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

10° | -6°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

12° | -5°Fobs-icon
Partly Cloudy

Yep. Been there and done that for 3 years from a dorm room high floor of Packer Hall overlooking Parking Lot #80. It was an invigorating walk to the engineering buildings, to say the least.

I seem to remember a water main break that once made a river out of the Bigler Road crossing.

Anyone who lived in East Halls and crossed that parking lot at Curtin and Bigler (where the new creamery is, I forget the number) for an 8am class knows this look.
I spent 4 years in East (Stuart) and had an 8:00 almost every term - usually on the other side of campus. I know that look very well indeed! (I scheduled 8:00 on purpose by the way. I'm a morning person and I felt it gave me an advantage over most of the class who were still half asleep. Probably not in winter though, you can't walk in that weather and not be wide awake!)

Last edited:
I spent 4 years in East (Stuart) and had an 8:00 almost every term - usually on the other side of campus. I know that look very well indeed! (I scheduled 8:00 on purpose by he way. I'm a morning person and I felt it gave me an advantage over most of the class who were still half asleep. Probably not in winter though, you can't walk in that weather and not be wide awake!)
I can still remember the disappointment on those really cold mornings when I'd wait for the loop at the East Hall stop, only for it to zoom right past, already full from the commuter lots and IM building.

Yep. Been there and done that for 3 years from a dorm room high floor of Packer Hall overlooking Parking Lot #80. It was an invigorating walk to the engineering buildings, to say the least.

I seem to remember a water main break that once made a river out of the Bigler Road crossing.
Four years of walking Parking Lot 80. When icy, the wind blew us back to the dorms. The good news was that my walk took me right by the (old) Creamery.

I spent 4 years in East (Stuart) and had an 8:00 almost every term - usually on the other side of campus. I know that look very well indeed! (I scheduled 8:00 on purpose by the way. I'm a morning person and I felt it gave me an advantage over most of the class who were still half asleep. Probably not in winter though, you can't walk in that weather and not be wide awake!)
I walked home from hell week in January and all I had covering my body was flip flops and a black trash bag.

Absolutely amazed looking back at the dumb sh!t we did when seemingly no one was paying attention.

I walked home from hell week in January and all I had covering my body was flip flops and a black trash bag.

Absolutely amazed looking back at the dumb sh!t we did when seemingly no one was paying attention.
You have kids in college or at least closing the gap, right?
Scary isn't it?

Glad I lived in West Halls right across from God's gift to gyms. Heard lots of stories about crossing lot 80 in the winter but never experienced it. Only running to the stadium to climb stairs, laps around the golf course, hoofing it out to Stone Valley which is a nice hilly 13 miles, running up Mount Nittany, etc. What do today's PSU wrestlers do in pre-season to get in shape?

It's in Siberia, right? Don't think it's Palm Springs at ANY time of year. :)
For what it's worth, 1 Million people live there, and they do have summer weather; avg in July is high of 77 and low of 56. It's a 2500 mile drive from Moscow.

During Stalinist times, Krasnoyarsk was a major center of the gulag system. The most important labor camp was the Kraslag or Krasnoyarsky ITL (1938-c.1960) with the two units located in Kansk and Reshyoty. In the city of Krasnoyarsk itself, the Yeniseylag or Yeniseysky ITL labor camp was prominent as well during World War II (c. 1940–41).

During World War II, dozens of factories were evacuated from Ukraine and Western Russia to Krasnoyarsk and nearby towns, stimulating the industrial growth of the city. After the war additional large plants were constructed: the aluminum plant, the metallurgic plant, the plant of base metals and many others.

Glad I lived in West Halls right across from God's gift to gyms. Heard lots of stories about crossing lot 80 in the winter but never experienced it. Only running to the stadium to climb stairs, laps around the golf course, hoofing it out to Stone Valley which is a nice hilly 13 miles, running up Mount Nittany, etc. What do today's PSU wrestlers do in pre-season to get in shape?
Carry water, chop wood.

No offense, but Magomedov wiping the mat with some Iowa guy isn’t going to do much for him when OUR VERY OWN Thomas Gilman gets a hold of him.
Yeah--should be a fun one to watch though. Magomedov is also who had relative little trouble w/ Fix this year. TG is unquestionably "huge" for 57--will be interesting to see what he can do at 61.

ADVERTISEMENT