ADVERTISEMENT

Yariguin

That's awesome, Mongolian wrestlers (mens and womens) go for it - lots of throws and headlocks. Always a pleasure watching them...

Reactions: Ski
Back to OP: Brackets are out. Of course Nolf draws Josh Shields early. You send a guy half way accross the world, to get him foreign feels, so naturally you pair 2 dudes who trained in the same youth club. No sign of TG or Zain. :-(

Reactions: hlstone
Zain and Gilman may not have not traveled for a multitude of reasons...but there seems to be alot of posturing from some of our senior level competitors. Vax requirements, travel to and from countries, and seeding tournaments are certainly going to play a roll into who wrestles. I can see some guys/girls sitting the fall and Worlds out this year...time will tell

I walked home from hell week in January and all I had covering my body was flip flops and a black trash bag.

Absolutely amazed looking back at the dumb sh!t we did when seemingly no one was paying attention.
I went to Bloomsburg 1979-80, Animal House themed Toga Party on Wood St. It was Feb. I had a pair of shorts, a sheet and flip flops on when I arrived. Couldn't find the foot wear when I left. I think it was 15 degrees walking back to Northumberland. My feet weren't right for a month. Stupid times that I still remember fondly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tjsch1
I walked home from hell week in January and all I had covering my body was flip flops and a black trash bag.

Absolutely amazed looking back at the dumb sh!t we did when seemingly no one was paying attention.
I think that @KCLion could confirm that the story is not a myth, where an unidentified young lad ate his tacos at Pedro's with nothing but topsiders during Art's Festival some time in the mid 80s. Then casually strolled back to the fraternity house in the same fashion.
I'll never forget Joanne Clark walking by the window on Garner and falling on the sidewalk laughing uncontrollably. I wonder to this day if she was laughing at the act, or the physiology..

Reactions: dunkej01
I didn't realize this until yesterday but Gilmans Wife is Mike Evans sister. VAIS brought it up on FRL yesterday.

Hopefully he will be blessed in time with a masculine child.

Then Mike might be finally impressed.

Evans will look for a lacrosse player for diaper duty.

I went to Bloomsburg 1979-80, Animal House themed Toga Party on Wood St. It was Feb. I had a pair of shorts, a sheet and flip flops on when I arrived. Couldn't find the foot wear when I left. I think it was 15 degrees walking back to Northumberland. My feet weren't right for a month. Stupid times that I still remember fondly.
It is 21 miles from Bloomsburg to Northumberland PA! ;)

Reactions: Chris Watts

Oh man, Hell week. The only way to create "wealth" in those silly days....

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland (January 27) – United World Wrestling's Bureau announced changes to wrestling's rules that are effective immediately.

One of the most significant rule changes regards points scored by the active wrestler during the 30-second “activity period.” With the updated rules, the active wrestler will receive points for any attacking moves and one point if their opponent fails to score while on the 30-second activity period.

Introducing this change encourages the active wrestler to score point(s) during the 30-second activity period.

Before last week's changes, the active wrestler received points for their attacking move or the one-point for their opponent's inactivity.

Another key decision that'll impact the match-point system is the update to fleeing the mat.

Independent of the style, any wrestler fleeing the mat will be penalized with a caution and 1 point without the need of a previous verbal warning. This penalty is counted in addition to the scored action. (Example: if action ends with Takedown = 2 points, then caution + 1 additional point. With stepping-out = 1 point, then caution + 1 point).

In Greco-Roman, fleeing the hold in both parterre and standing position will now be penalized with caution + only 1 point for the opponent.

The Bureau also approved specific changes related to challenges, draws and passivity warnings.

Qualification round draws will now be equally distributed using the top-bottom-bottom-top approach to provide a balanced bracket between the upper and lower half of the draw. The system used to place the seeded wrestlers will also follow the approach.

Examples of different types of brackets can be accessed here.

Coaches can now request a challenge after the points are published on the scoreboard orfive seconds after the wrestlers come to the neutral position. This is a change from the earlier rule where the coaches only had five seconds to challenge after the score in question was published on the scoreboard.

The Bureau removed the verbal warning for passivity for U15, U17 (cadet) and Veterans as periods are shorter than U20 (junior), U23 and Seniors.

If a wrestler is in a danger position and simulates an injury while their opponent is looking for the fall, the referee will no longer stop the bout. In this case, the referee will ask for the fall, and the mat chairman will confirm it.

For a complete list of United World Wrestling's most up-to-date rule changes, please click here.

Is Nolf and Synder here? If so. When do they wrestle?
Their brackets are day three, which should be overnight tonight. I don’t know the session schedule though.

Here’s to hoping we all have a bunch of adrenaline to wear off tonight, and can power through till morning, at which time, for me, I’ll be on the road taking my son to a round robin, lol.

Reactions: pish69
Four years of walking Parking Lot 80. When icy, the wind blew us back to the dorms. The good news was that my walk took me right by the (old) Creamery.
Lived in Pinchot, it was so cold walking across that lot. Only place worse was Great Lakes for "A" school. One day it was -84 with the wind coming off Lake Michigan.

I was at that Party and walked back to my dorm room at Montour Hall. My new GF kept me warm

5th floor. Probably wouldn't recognize the place after 45 years and multiple tear out/rebuilds (last one two years ago).
8th floor Sproul, 1981-82! Fond memories of the maze of underground passages connecting the four towers and rendezvous with a certain majorette...

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
Lived in Pinchot, it was so cold walking across that lot. Only place worse was Great Lakes for "A" school. One day it was -84 with the wind coming off Lake Michigan.
I spent 4 years in Stuart but was at Ft Sheridan in 1970-71 just south of Great Lakes Naval Training Center right on the Lake. The wind could be nasty!

1983 or 84. I too was at Great Lakes RTC, 🥶

Reactions: phelpsp
ADVERTISEMENT