ADVERTISEMENT

WVB: Top Six Seeds Advance To Sat’s Regional Finals!

The potential semi - PSU v Nebraska - feels more like the final. Having said that and even reading how well PSU has played, it feels to me that the team needs to play yet another notch up to bring home another NC (compared to some past NC seasons where it felt like the championship was PSU's to lose).

The potential semi - PSU v Nebraska - feels more like the final. Having said that and even reading how well PSU has played, it feels to me that the team needs to play yet another notch up to bring home another NC (compared to some past NC seasons where it felt like the championship was PSU's to lose).

I don't think this team is the same caliber of previous championship teams but they probably have as good of a chance as anybody. I'm not sure how good Missouri is but PSU played one of their best matches of the season yesterday. Agree that they have to keep up the momentum.

I always cheer for PSU but especially this year. Lee, Washington, Franti, etc. are seniors and I don't see underclassmen of the same caliber on the roster. The next year or two could be rebuilding years so it would sure be nice to get this one.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Good points. It feels like PSU got a bit lucky with their bracket (even beyond being the No. 1 seed). Assuming that they take care of business against MSU, they are going to have to play the match of the season to beat Nebraska (who swept PSU at home early in B1G play and has a chip on their shoulders due to the Top 4 seed snub... not to mention that most of their losses save one were early season without their setter, I think). If PSU can get by Nebby, a rematch with Stanford would have lots of interesting side points... PSU 2-0 this season (both early), overall series very close (PSU leads by 1 or so?), and tied for NCs at 7 each.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT