ADVERTISEMENT

WVB: #5 PennState vs #1 Stanford Final

Set 1:
PennState down 20-16 rallies with 5 straight points for a 21-20 lead and then closes out the set with a 26-24 win

Awesome! Can't believe this isn't on anywhere. Please keep updating!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Stanford lost their best player over the summer when Hayley Hodson retired. She suffered lingering symptoms from concussions. They're ranked No. 1 by convention (the previous year's national champion) but may not be the best team in the country right now.

Stanford is without one of their All-Americans as Audriana Fitzmorris is out with an injury suffered this past week.

Stanford is without one of their All-Americans as Audriana Fitzmorris is out with an injury suffered this past week.

#12 Fitzmorris is playing tonight. I believe that Merete Lutz their 6'8" OH is injured and is definitely not playing tonight.

Set 4:

PennState up 15-11
PennState up 20-17
PennState up 22-18
PennState wins 25-19 Good night y'all

Wow - great win! Love seeing the mental toughness I thought was lacking last year. Good confidence boost against a very good team.

Merci Jon!

I don't care WHO the Furd had out with injuries. That's a big win. Well done, Lions.

Reactions: Pride
Stanford lost their best player over the summer when Hayley Hodson retired. She suffered lingering symptoms from concussions. They're ranked No. 1 by convention (the previous year's national champion) but may not be the best team in the country right now.

Sadly typical of your BS posting routine....always diminish the accomplishments of PSU Student-Athletes....PSU really didn't beat the currently ranked #1 team even though the factually and in reality did - go figure. You're a sad pathetic little tool.

Sadly typical of your BS posting routine....always diminish the accomplishments of PSU Student-Athletes....PSU really didn't beat the currently ranked #1 team even though the factually and in reality did - go figure. You're a sad pathetic little tool.

What an idiotic, shallow comment from someone who has been on this board all of 5 minutes. Where do these people come from? I've been a VB fan for about 10 years thank you very much. This isn't football. Yeah it's a good win but in this sport it means relatively little.

PSU and Stanford play a pre-conference match almost every year (this year they play two), and almost every year one of them is No. 1 to start the season. A lot of times the team that loses in September wins in December. Well fyi the match they play in December is the one that counts because that is the NCAA tournament -- usually the semis or the finals.

Anyway, I'm going to ignore you and you just ignore me and you won't need to put up with my comments about any sport.

My advice, Mr. 257 posts, just shut up and read and listen and maybe you'll learn something.

Last edited:
What an idiotic, shallow comment. I've been a VB fan for about 10 years thank you very much. This isn't football. Yeah it's a good win but in this sport it means relatively little.

PSU and Stanford play a preseason match almost every year (this year they play two), and almost every year one of them is No. 1 to start the season. A lot of times the team that loses in September wins in December. Well fyi the match they play in December is the one that counts because that is the NCAA tournament -- usually the semis or the finals.

Anyway, I'm going to ignore you and you just ignore me and you won't need to put up with my comments about any sport.

:rolleyes: yea PSU sucks and it was a horrible win....whatever you say Eeyore. I've been watching for 10 years...blah, blah, blah...lmao!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You should not post that which you know nothing about. Texas was the pre-season No. 1.
My bad, I skipped a year, Stanford won the championship last year and would have been preseason No. 1 going into last season. TX lost to Fla last week.

Reactions: Lion8286
What an idiotic, shallow comment from someone who has been on this board all of 5 minutes. Where do these people come from? I've been a VB fan for about 10 years thank you very much. This isn't football. Yeah it's a good win but in this sport it means relatively little.

PSU and Stanford play a pre-conference match almost every year (this year they play two), and almost every year one of them is No. 1 to start the season. A lot of times the team that loses in September wins in December. Well fyi the match they play in December is the one that counts because that is the NCAA tournament -- usually the semis or the finals.

My advice, Mr. 257 posts, just shut up and read and listen and maybe you'll learn something.
PSU_I is Bushwood.

Are there any freshmen that could make a big impact for the WVB team as the season goes along??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT