ADVERTISEMENT

WTT registrations

Zain wins 4-1. Don't think Zapf took a shot the whole match until the last 20 seconds. all Zapf did was hand fight and bleed.

Reactions: danoftw
Nick gave up a TD on a high double leg, down 2-0

Nick gets a TD on a nice duck under, 2-2

He tried to lock up a trap arm and gut but couldn't. Switched to the legs and get a leg lace. 5 turns later, match is over and Lee wins 12-2.
Thanks. I missed it somehow

So - No world championship for Starocci this year?:oops:
Nope. Chance out wrestled him. Had a savvy arm throw to open up the scoring, earned the passivity he gave up, and even though he clawed back, Carter took his foot off the gas too early, allowing the late winner.

Last edited:
Carter let his foot off the gas, but I also hate FS sometimes. After the arm throw, Chance did zero (until he had to). He never even got put on the shot clock. Carter got put on bc reasons.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Carter let his foot off the gas, but I also hate FS sometimes. After the arm throw, Chance did zero (until he had to). He never even got put on the shot clock. Carter got put on bc reasons.
I fully supported Carter getting put on the clock early, Chance was forcing all the action and holding center. And I think Chance was close to getting put on the clock in the second, but he did enough to avoid it. I have no problem with the way that was called.

Trumble with the pin while leading 3-0. Downey wanted to throw the brick after the pin :) Natty Light.....meets rule book :)

Nick Lee over Josh Saunders 10-3
Ian Parker over Beau Bartlett 5-5 (Beau led 5-0)
Michael Blockhus over Jarod Verkleeren 6-2
Ty Walz over Cerone Francisco 10-6
Nico Megaludis over Sheldon Mack 10-0
Josh Rodrigues over Josh Kramer 4-0, Josh into semi-finals
Nick Lee over Kolodzik 12-2, Nick into semi-finals
Zain Retherford over Doug Zapf 4-1, Zain into semi0finals
Chance Marsteller over Carter Starocci 5-4
Vincenzo Joseph over Taylor Lujan 10-0, Vincenzo into semi-finals
Mark Hall over Caleb Hopkins 10-0, Mark into semi-finals
Jason Nolf bye, Jason into semi-finals
Jennifer Rogers bye, Jennifer into semi-finals

Consolations
Beau Bartlett over Matthew Kolodzik 15-5
Doug Zapf over Jarod Verkleeren 5-0
Derek White over Cerone Francisco 4-0

Last edited:
I've seen all that I've need to see at this point. 149 was literally just a mental block for Beau.
Why a mental block? It was more a physical block. Saying it was a mental block you are implying that it was all mental issues that kept him from performing better than he did. It was the physical limitations of wrestling up a weight that seemed to be the issue.

Why a mental block? It was more a physical block. Saying it was a mental block you are implying that it was all mental issues that kept him from performing better than he did. It was the physical limitations of wrestling up a weight that seemed to be the issue.

I see your valid point.

My thought is that our guy BB didn't want to shoot against 49lbers knowing the result would be a drawn out battle.

He looked quick and free in the first match today.

Reactions: mcpat and kevin310
It was physical obviously but that changed his style completely, which is mental. Watching Beau at 143, he loves firing shots. He never wanted to at 149. He was worried he would get caught unless it was absolutely perfect between his length and size issues. He doesn't have those worries at 143 and won't at 141 next year.

Reactions: mcpat
Takedown to lace and Maple is up 6-0. Beau stops the gut then it's been a whole lot of nothing on the feet.
Beau is aggressive 2nd half and gets a pushout but then gives on up on the step out when Maple went upper body. Gets a takedown and roll and a failed challenge. 7-6 Maple

Reactions: mcpat and danoftw
Saw some of the hesitation we saw from Bartlett at 149 last year against Maple which makes sense. Maple literally looked like he could be his big brother between his length and size (and it's been a few hours off the scale so he is probably significantly bigger now)

Despite that, I liked what I saw from Beau overall. He was shooting and had good instincts in all positions.

Reactions: mcpat and AndEEss
Yeah, I’m pretty happy with what Beau did this weekend.

He was a very much improved wrestler over what we saw at 149, against better competition.

Reactions: Fatmarc and mcpat
Yeah, I’m pretty happy with what Beau did this weekend.

He was a very much improved wrestler over what we saw at 149, against better competition.
Obviously free is a different animal as well but as it's been discussed, 141 is pretty open next year. No reason he can't be in the mix.

ADVERTISEMENT