ADVERTISEMENT

WTT registrations

Registered from PSU are Bartlett at 65 kg and Starocci at 79kg. Also have Zain at 70, Nolf at 74, Cenzo at 79, and Mark Hall at 84. Will be interesting to see if any of the other rostered kids end up entering.
Hall at 86 Kg (same as Taylor), there is no 84 Kg weight class.

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
Nick Reenan, former 197lb guy from NC State who wrestled DT at Final X, entered at 79kg.

That's one hell of a body transformation, if correct.

Aaron Brooks
Mark Hall
David Taylor

There‘s three

Serious question, how the hell is he even qualified for this, it was 2018 when he last made a world team.
If he can get some kids to pay for the gear he didn’t send to the other kids that paid for the gear and there’s enough cash left after necessities(natty boh,cigars,tats,etc) he’ll no show with a couple bucks in his pocket. Then PDII will post about how badly he would’ve wrecked these chumps

A potential/likely Kendric Maple Nick Lee semifinal is something to look out for given how good Maple looked at the Open.

Probably good for Zain to be on the same side as Pantaleo, away from JO.

That 79kg bracket is going to be fun.

Unfortunate that Mark Hall isn't on the same side as Pat Downey, he might be the only Penn State upperweight who hasn't handed PD3 a beating. That weight sets up as a possible Hall Zahid rematch in the finals.

Really interested to see what Nico can do, he looked as settled in at FS as he's ever looked, and he has the length and style to frustrate Fix, who sits in Final X, if he can get through this field, some of whom he's already beaten.

Question on format....
In the weights that don't have someone sitting at Final X, do they just skip the Final of this tournament and take the top 2 to Final X?

Reactions: nerfstate
Is Kerk hurt
It’s certainly possible, but I think other reasons are more plausible. Looking at the entries, I think Kerk would have a chance to win that bracket. But I just have a feeling he wants to have a summer and come back fresh for the Folkstyle season next year. I think we have to respect how important that can be in maintaining excellence at this level. many of our college studs have skipped freestyle for a season during college.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1AA
Is anyone planning to go to the Final X in Stillwater? I just got tickets for my son and I.
Doing the Theater at MSG (or what they call it now). I think I've been to every iteration of the place - Felt Forum, Paramount Theater, ........

Very psyched for June 8!

The open winner doesn't get a spot at final x, but it does give them the 1 seed at the Challenge tourny this weekend.
Is that the same for JWTT? I coulda swore I heard Facujo had a pass to the finals there with his JR Open title.

Is that the same for JWTT? I coulda swore I heard Facujo had a pass to the finals there with his JR Open title.

You heard correctly.

The Open had different qualification processes for each division. Clear as mud for the average fan:

Junior(U20) Open champs are sitting in the finals of the WTT in June

Sr Open champs get the 1 seed at the challenge tourny.

Cadets(U17) Open WAS the team trials.

And then you have U23's. Their tourny is the same time as Jrs. Here's the kicker, though. Winning U23's only puts you 4th in line for the team. Spots 1-3 go to the top 3 placers at Sr WTT if they are age eligible.

Like I said, clear as mud.

Here's the USA wrestling link on procedures:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT