ADVERTISEMENT

WTT registrations

Nick on deck after Nico/Graff.

Josh Rodriguez just took out Mendez, 5-2.

These consi matches are WAY too close to the top side matches.

Lee, Pants and now Deakin looking rough.

Anyone see 55 kg consolation GR match Camden Russell vs Drew West? Russell (lost 10-10) hit his head on the mat on a throw (is that what you call it) with 20 sec left, finished out the match, but then lay on the mat for a good long while before walking off. Not that I know what good GR technique is, but his throw didn't seem like good technique that he would have hit his head like that. Just wondering if injuries like that are common when one begins to learn GR throws.

CStar looked great against Ringer. Really really good. Nolf has jumped levels and is going to win a world title before he’s done. Assuming he handles Lavallee I can’t wait to see him and Dake. I think this will be a very different match from last time. Not saying he’s going to beat Dake but I think he absolutely can and that the matches will be tight. He seems to really have matured physically a lot like DT and is now a beast at 74kg. He and AB are my favorite PSU wrestlers and I absolutely love watching him just roll people up again. Carr is a really good freestyle wrestler. He’s a flipping junior world champ and Nolf made him look like a jv kid. I’m obviously extremely pumped to see Nolf wrestling so well. Cenzo is incredible. I didn’t think he was going to be able to beat Ringer again but his defense and his hips are so good. Really wish he and Carter were wrestling for a spot at final X. Beau looked really good I thought losing to 2 really tough seasoned guys. Bodes well for this coming season I think

What is up with Ringer and Imar? They both seem to have plateaued. Ringer lost to 2 very good wrestlers in Cenzo and CStar but last year he was ranked I think 5th in the world. Now he’s 5th domestically. Imar is more confusing to me though. He took a match from JB not long ago and also absolutely demolished Nolf only a year or 2 ago. I know he dealt with some health issues but he has not been the same guy recently. Wonder if he’s going to keep going or transition to coaching full time?

So, a conundrum here. Do you root for Cenzo against Marstellar or the other way around. Because there could be a true 3rd place match for the 3rd national team spot CStar's fate depends on the outcome of Cenzo v. Marstellar. If Marstellar wins it will be CStar v. Cenzo for 3rd at one of the Final X's, if Cenzo wins nothing for CStar as Marstellar would be true 3rd.

Reactions: bwfight
So, a conundrum here. Do you root for Cenzo against Marstellar or the other way around. Because there could be a true 3rd place match for the 3rd national team spot CStar's fate depends on the outcome of Cenzo v. Marstellar. If Marstellar wins it will be CStar v. Cenzo for 3rd at one of the Final X's, if Cenzo wins nothing for CStar as Marstellar would be true 3rd.
Cenzo all the way. Carter has made a world team already and he was after the whole thing this time so a true 3rd doesn't matter for him IMO. I root for Chance every chance I get also (no pun intended lol) but Cenzo is our guy.

I know Ringer had some wind taken out of his sails since he expected to be wrestling this afternoon, but I've not seen anyone out-strength him. Carter held center start to finish and shut down Ringer's best stuff.

People can say whatever they want about "motivation" levels in the consolation brackets. I believe our guys (whether they win them all like Carter or bounce like Nick) treat them all like a must win and whatever happens happens. You're still wrestling the top competition. That mentality is everything. It's like a MJ thing, when you're competing, it's do or die. I want to see that from our guys and I believe we do. We saw it from Nick last OTT and he got bested this time (maybe he is hurt or ill) and Carter has shown it twice now. When the whistle blows, the stakes don't matter, you're wrestling to win.

People can say whatever they want about "motivation" levels in the consolation brackets. I believe our guys (whether they win them all like Carter or bounce like Nick) treat them all like a must win and whatever happens happens. You're still wrestling the top competition. That mentality is everything. It's like a MJ thing, when you're competing, it's do or die. I want to see that from our guys and I believe we do. We saw it from Nick last OTT and he got bested this time (maybe he is hurt or ill) and Carter has shown it twice now. When the whistle blows, the stakes don't matter, you're wrestling to win.
Do you think if they wrestled today, Starocci beats Nolf like he did on the consi side last year? I'm not making excuses for Nolf or diminishing Starocci, but I don't think Nolf was as up for that match as would've otherwise been if it had taken place on the top side.

Do you think if they wrestled today, Starocci beats Nolf like he did on the consi side last year? I'm not making excuses for Nolf or diminishing Starocci, but I don't think Nolf was as up for that match as would've otherwise been if it had taken place on the top side.
Upsets happen in freestyle all the time. So do weird sequences. Also, Nolf had a legitimate reason as he wrestled before the match and Starocci had a bye because IMar MFF'ed. I do believe Starocci was hungrier (first senior event, he had something to prove) but yeah, I don't think Nolf threw in the towel or wanted to take a L to someone who is probably like a little bro to him.

ADVERTISEMENT