WTF? Brix just out there proudly admitting we were right all along about her ignorance and failures...

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Normally, admitting ignorance and failures is a good thing. It's a sign of confidence and strength - And often an indicator of someone willing to reflect and learn.

But Brix... She's out there admitting to her ignorance, failures/mistakes (via her book - She actually wrote it in a book!), but framing her ignorance and failures/mistakes as virtues and helpful. Almost as if she doesn't even realize she was being challenged on this ignorance and these failures, and almost as if she doesn't realize we all haven't been awake for the past two years and have had full/clear view of this ignorance and these failures.

This is like a mathematician publicly pushing the idea that 2+3=23, being roundly criticized for not understanding how math works, then a couple of years later proudly publishing a book about how they were the one to have the vision to correctly see and push the idea that 2+3=23. Like wut?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Normally, admitting ignorance and failures is a good thing. It's a sign of confidence and strength - And often an indicator of someone willing to reflect and learn.

But Brix... She's out there admitting to her ignorance, failures/mistakes (via her book - She actually wrote it in a book!), but framing her ignorance and failures/mistakes as virtues and helpful. Almost as if she doesn't even realize she was being challenged on this ignorance and these failures, and almost as if she doesn't realize we all haven't been awake for the past two years and have had full/clear view of this ignorance and these failures.

This is like a mathematician publicly pushing the idea that 2+3=23, being roundly criticized for not understanding how math works, then a couple of years later proudly publishing a book about how they were the one to have the vision to correctly see and push the idea that 2+3=23. Like wut?

Unfortunately there are a lot of very stupid people... NJ for example, who still believe shutdowns, beyond 2 weeks, made sense.

The day the hospital ship left NYC was the wakeup call that shutdowns were pointless.

LdN

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Unfortunately there are a lot of very stupid people... NJ for example, who still believe shutdowns, beyond 2 weeks, made sense.

The day the hospital ship left NYC was the wakeup call that shutdowns were pointless.

LdN
Totally agree. I get that there was a worldwide panic and they needed to mobilize ASAP given the worst-case scenarios. But by May they should have known better. Earlier, really, but May was the point when the complete data was in. It was clear this was a really bad thing for older and people with comorbidities.

I honestly feel like they knew it was the way to get a very popular president out as the economy was singing along and our foreign policy was strong.

Today, I don't think I've talked to a single person who has any confidence in a) the medical industry b) the media and c) politics in general. They have no idea how they've destroyed their credibility. I mean, you read these articles about how great these people have been and are. Then you go out in public and realize how nobody, NOBODY, is listing to their recommendations. In fact, most people are making fun of them.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Totally agree. I get that there was a worldwide panic and they needed to mobilize ASAP given the worst-case scenarios. But by May they should have known better. Earlier, really, but May was the point when the complete data was in. It was clear this was a really bad thing for older and people with comorbidities.

I honestly feel like they knew it was the way to get a very popular president out as the economy was singing along and our foreign policy was strong.

Today, I don't think I've talked to a single person who has any confidence in a) the medical industry b) the media and c) politics in general. They have no idea how they've destroyed their credibility. I mean, you read these articles about how great these people have been and are. Then you go out in public and realize how nobody, NOBODY, is listing to their recommendations. In fact, most people are making fun of them.
I think your assessment there is accurate from what I see out there.

Reactions: psuted

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

By June 1000s of people were gathering in the streets and destroying public property.

Yet offices for work were still closed.

The idea that dem politicians didn't know being closed was useless is laughable.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
The experts have been wrong, possibly intentionally, about everything
Well, the undermining of suspicion of purposeful development and possible release was the last straw for me. The lack of curiosity to this day is dumbfounding. We get more curiosity for a handful of people rioting in Washington (the white ones not the black ones) than for the deaths of over 6,000,000 people.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Well, the undermining of suspicion of purposeful development and possible release was the last straw for me. The lack of curiosity to this day is dumbfounding. We get more curiosity for a handful of people rioting in Washington (the white ones not the black ones) than for the deaths of over 6,000,000 people.
We get more curiosity from a small % of people over a smaller amount of people because the rest of them is get it.

Reactions: Jerry and psuted

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone remember MikeJones?

"SHUT IT ALL DOWN"...... I wonder if he re-invented himself.

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org

Not May, Fauci and Birx knew in Feb/March 2020 that this bug was akin to seasonal flu when factoring in all the non reported asymptomatic cases and therefore a public wide shutdown was NEVER justified.

(Dr. Fauci in NEJM saying case fatality rate of covid19 is akin to seasonal flu)

junior1

May 29, 2001

interesting that you brought up confidence in the medical community. there's a reason for that...according to Dr Jha, Biden's covid czar, we don't have enough diversity in the medical community. That's why people don't trust the community.
I guess it has noting to do with:
2 weeks to bend the curve
masks don't work
masks do work
vaccines will prevent you from catching covid
virus won't protect you from catching covid
need two shots
need a booster
need a second booster
second boosters really don't provide much incremental protection
and then, just top things off EU elements say all the boosters might be damaging immune systems
but yea, diversity is the problem

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
interesting that you brought up confidence in the medical community. there's a reason for that...according to Dr Jha, Biden's covid czar, we don't have enough diversity in the medical community. That's why people don't trust the community.
masks don't work
masks do work
need two shots
need a booster
need a second booster
and then, just top things off EU elements say all the boosters might be damaging immune systems
so more minorities will just make this go away! Spit spot, let's get to it then.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
masks don't work
masks do work
need two shots
need a booster
need a second booster
Diversity, racism, sexism, whateverism is always the dodge for incompetence.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003

I am reading the Dr Scott Atlas book on his time in the White House and Birx comes across as even worse than Fauci.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003

So here is what I don't get.
2020 - Blame everything on Trump and kill the economy and scare the crap out of people, and create the perfect environment for shading voting practices - if you hate Trump that all makes sense
2022- today - At this point it is a Biden problem. 18 months in and folks look to this administration for solutions. Why don't they declare victory and move on?
I don't see any political benefit unless they hope to go full absentee voting again.
Adding another covid uptick is just another reason to dislike the administration.

It makes me think this is more a drug company, Fauci, who knows, scheme than a political one. The only thing I wonder about is does Fauci know something we don't i.e. this was engineered in a lab [seems so] and maybe it isn't acting like every other virus in history [natural immunity, mutations weaken over time etc.]

As you say nobody believes these guys any more. I would expect them not to keep doubling down.

As you also say in another post. Where is the medical/scientific community curiosity. That itself is curious.

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Yup, she and her friends have remembered everything and learned nothing.

But stand by because another Covid wave is looming. It will be interesting (in a morbid sort of way) to see how the Dem-Media "experts" and Regime propaganda organs play this one.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012

She is the only honest person in this entire debacle. She was adamant about opening schools. The rest are nothing but pos's. She is a real Penn Stater.

maypole

May 9, 2022

That’s because you are a scumbag ahole who hangs out with your ilk.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
So she thought 2 weeks to flatten the curve was not enough but that was all she thought she could get done and then try to extend. She didn't have data so she use Italy, [the worst at the time] china and South Korea. [two of the absolute worst on lockdowns] she may have beed right on schools but IMO little else.