ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 6 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

CSauertiegPSU

Staff
Oct 9, 2013
FINALS TIME! And with the team race all wrapped up, this serves as a chance for a bit of icing for Penn State who have five in the finals. They're starting at 125 tonight and ending at 285. The matches are as follows

125: (1) Nick Suriano, UM vs. (3) Pat Glory, Princeton
133: (1) Roman Bravo-Young, PSU VS. (2) Daton Fix, OKST
141: (1) Nick Lee, PSU vs. (15) Kizhan Clarke, UNC
149: (1) Yianni Diakomihalis, CORN vs. (10) Ridge Lovett, NEB
157: (5) Quincy Monday, Princeton vs. (2) Ryan Deakin, NW
165: (5) Shane Griffith, STAN vs. (2) Keegan O'Toole, MIZ
174: (1) Carter Starocci, PSU vs. (2) Mekhi Lewis, VT
184: (1) Myles Amine, UM vs. (2) Aaron Brooks, PSU
197: (1) Max Dean, PSU vs. (6) Jacob Warner, Iowa
285: (1) Gable Steveson, MINN vs. (2) Cohlton Schultz, ASU

TV: ESPN
Streaming: ESPN App/ESPN.com
Audio: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archive=7685&sport=30&type=Archive
Brackets/Tournament Hub: https://www.trackwrestling.com/pred...ents/TournamentHub.jsp&twSessionId=uokgzcxmod

Feel good about Lee, Cstar and Brooks.
Thinking Rby match will be 1-1 with either winning in overtime.
Dean? Dean just needs to get a F***ing FIRST PERIOD TAKEDOWN!!!! So he can choose neutral and not have Warnov stall and lay on him for two minutes!

Feel good about Lee, Cstar and Brooks.
Thinking Rby match will be 1-1 with either winning in overtime.
Dean? Dean just needs to get a F***ing FIRST PERIOD TAKEDOWN!!!! So he can choose neutral and not have Warnov stall and lay on him for two minutes!

Well the RBY-Fix match went into SV last year, so......

So, not a bad job by the seeding committee, eh?
I get and fully support Cael fighting for our guys. That's part of his job, but I also think that seeding this tournament was also nearly impossible. The level of talent was an embarrassment of riches, plus you have guys like 80% of the poor Hawkeyes that Brands seem to have battered to a pulp (I have thoughts on why I don't agree that TnT are "good" for the sport, but we'll save that for the offseason) and they still did a relatively decent job at the top end of the seeds.

Be prepared for really bias commentary during RBY match. Doubt we hear mention of him using PED's.

I still can’t believe PSU clinched the title before Saturday night despite not getting all those backside points certain posters were obsessing over.
/s

Meanwhile, will Tan Tom be watching the finals from a beach chair somewhere in the Caribbean?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I still can’t believe PSU clinched the title before Saturday night despite not getting all those backside points certain posters were obsessing over.
/s

Meanwhile, will Tan Tom be watching the finals from a beach chair somewhere in the Caribbean?
No other reason to stick around.

Reactions: diggerpup
I get and fully support Cael fighting for our guys. That's part of his job, but I also think that seeding this tournament was also nearly impossible. The level of talent was an embarrassment of riches, plus you have guys like 80% of the poor Hawkeyes that Brands seem to have battered to a pulp (I have thoughts on why I don't agree that TnT are "good" for the sport, but we'll save that for the offseason) and they still did a relatively decent job at the top end of the seeds.
Possibly the most ironic thing I saw all tournament was Brands’ antics during Warner’s semifinal match when Buchanan took injury time.

Alrighty folks… put the women and children to bed and pour yourself a big ol’ glass of Strawberry Milk… it’s almost Go time!! Good luck to all our PSU guys and wish for good health for all the competitors.

MY FAVORITE NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!
What about the 🐕 dogs????

Other matches: feel good stories... cheering for Monday over Deakin. Glory over Nicky S.
Obviously Nick Lee.... nice to see Clarke a 15 seed.

For some reason, I just feel better going into finals with the championship already locked up. I guess I just feel like my chances of dying tonight substantially decrease.
I like a good old fashioned a$$ whooping…. but I kind of missed doing math / projecting scores this afternoon. :)

Reactions: Grove Lion
ADVERTISEMENT