ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 5 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

At what point does tOSU question their strength and conditioning approach? They’ve been taking p4p kings and cranking out pumped up stiff Adonis’s to wrestle for 5th place seemingly forever.
This is not an unreasonable take

Reactions: diggerpup
Technical question. Just prior to finishing his pin of Hoffman, Bastida pulled on Hoffman's headgear.

If called, what would be the ruling?

At what point does tOSU question their strength and conditioning approach? They’ve been taking p4p kings and cranking out pumped up stiff Adonis’s to wrestle for 5th place seemingly forever.
Who are the p4p kings in this year's tOSU lineup?

Kharchla, yes, Sasso was top 10 and Hoffman was up there. Heinselman, Romero, and maybe Smith were good prospects but not considered elite IIRC. Overall Brutus has not terribly underperformed in this tournament.

Now if tOSU doesn't improve in the next couple years with all the talent Tan Tom is bringing in, then you definitely have a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsites52

Cut and tanned. They always look good coming off the bus.

• Haha
I missed Kerk’s match and went back to watch while reading the PBP and it was announced he MFF’d and they raised Wood’s hand? Is there a joke I am missing somewhere!?

• Sad
Reactions: mcpat

Kharchla, yes, Sasso was top 10 and Hoffman was up there. Heinselman, Romero, and maybe Smith were good prospects but not considered elite IIRC. Overall Brutus has not terribly underperformed in this tournament.

Now if tOSU doesn't improve in the next couple years with all the talent Tan Tom is bringing in, then you definitely have a point.
I’m going back in time- OSU had the highest average recruiting ranking from 2010-2020, and the highest rank ‘22 class

GoPSUSports:
Kerkvliet met No. 7 Mason Parris of Michigan in the consolation semifinals at 285 in a bout that would all but clinch the team title for the Nittany Lions. Despite battling an injury, Kerkvliet dominated Parris from the outset.
The victory was to move Kerkvliet into the third-place bout, but the injury forced Kerkvliet to take a medical forfeit (not a loss) and the Nittany Lion sophomore's tournament ended with the critical victory over Michigan's Parris, helping to wrap up the team title. Kerkvliet finished the tournament with a 4-1 record including a pin and a major. He leaves Detroit as the fourth-place finisher at 285 and a two-time All-American. Kerkvliet ends his season with a 22-3 overall record.

Reactions: mcpat
Did it strike anyone as odd last night after Kerk beat Parris that he walked right off the mat and away from the coaches. Totally ignored them. Struck me as I watched it.

Reactions: goldenanimal

This track record goes back more than a decade

Reactions: nitlion6
It would be cool if they created a montage of the best and not so good moments from the tournament. There has been many this weekend.

No one has scored a point on O'Toole in 4 matches.

I believe C-Starr has only given up escapes; right?

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT