ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Schedule - Week of 12/4 to 12/10

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Tomorrow (Friday) evening is Iowa/Rutgers...and the supposed return of "the Bull".

December 7th-Maryland @ Wisconsin
December 8th-Central Michigan @ South Dakota State
December 8th-CSU-Bakersfield @ Fresno State
December 8th-Eastern Michigan @ Cleveland State
December 8th-Gardner-Webb @ VMI
December 8th-Iowa @ Rutgers
December 8th-Michigan State @ Buffalo
December 8th-Navy @ Drexel
December 9th-UNI Open (Northern Iowa) @ Cedar Falls, Iowa
December 9th-PSAC Championships (Bloomsburg, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven) @ Edinboro, Pennsylvania
December 9th-Pittsburgh @ West Virginia
December 9th-Wisconsin @ Wisconsin-Whitewater
December 9th-Wyoming @ Iowa State
December 10th-Buffalo @ Kent State
December 10th-Central Michigan @ North Dakota State
December 10th-Fresno State @ Minnesota
December 10th-Indiana vs Ohio State @ Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
December 10th-Iowa @ Maryland
December 10th-Lehigh @ Drexel
December 10th-Lehigh @ Penn
December 10th-NC State @ Appalachian State
December 10th-Northwestern vs Northern Colorado @ Broomfield, Colorado
December 10th-Ohio @ Missouri
December 10th-Oregon State @ Michigan
December 10th-Virginia Tech vs Princeton @ New York, New York

Last edited:
Any sense of the bull vis a vis the rest of the top six guys at 165?
CJ no
Massa no
Chance no
Wick maybe
Imar no
Rogers maybe
A Valencia maybe
Who else ?

Any sense of the bull vis a vis the rest of the top six guys at 165?
CJ no
Massa no
Chance no
Wick maybe
Imar no
Rogers maybe
A Valencia maybe
Who else ?
Tough call. Hasn't wrestled yet this year, and history (his redshirt year) only shows 2 losses, Fall to A. Valencia and Major vs IMar. Granted, RS schedule other than that was weak.

I'll add to your list; McFadden (consensus top-6), as well as Walsh (top-6 Open Mat, Flo, etc.), Marsteller, Campbell, Wanzek, and White. I'd like to see more of him before saying he's above any of these guys...and with 165 being stacked as it is...6 of the guys mentioned here won't even AA.

At best, imo and way early, he's a toss-up for the 7-11th ranked guys.

Tough call. Hasn't wrestled yet this year, and history (his redshirt year) only shows 2 losses, Fall to A. Valencia and Major vs IMar. Granted, RS schedule other than that was weak.

I'll add to your list; McFadden (consensus top-6), as well as Walsh (top-6 Open Mat, Flo, etc.), Marsteller, Campbell, Wanzek, and White. I'd like to see more of him before saying he's above any of these guys...and with 165 being stacked as it is...6 of the guys mentioned here won't even AA.

At best, imo and way early, he's a toss-up for the 7-11th ranked guys.
Good, concise, logical analysis. I tend to agree.
We may be disallowed any more vodka.:)

Marinelli beat McFadden a couple times in freestyle
Yes, at U.S. Open and again at Junior Trials. I see folkstyle as different than freestyle, so not sure where you're heading. Stating as fact Marinelli will beat McFadden if they wrestle folkstyle this year? Just askin'...

Last edited:
Yes, at U.S. Open and again at Junior Trials. I see folkstyle as different than freestyle, so not sure where you're heading. Stating as fact Marinelli will beat McFadden if they wrestle folkstyle this year?

No, not as fact, but it's a decent starting point. Marinelli's FS season reminded me of Vincenzo's the year prior where his wins over Joe Smith and A. Valencia felt relevant. I think Marinelli and McFadden both prefer folkstyle, but maybe McFadden's mat ability gives him a slightly better chance in folk. To me, Marinelli will be in the top 5-8 range. I'd expect him to be ahead of guys like White, Campbell, and Wanzek. I also expect him to pass Anthony Valencia who hasn't looked great this year. If he's healthy he'll be right there with Marsteller, McFadden, Walsh, Rogers, and Wick.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT