ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling for Life NCAA Challenge

CowboyUp61

May 22, 2016
stillwater, ok
Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

With Jim at Wrestling for Life’s blessing, we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. I know it is 5 months away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd, counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 2. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 1.

4. The winning board gets an electronic trophy they can pin to the top of the board. Not to mention bragging rights for the next year.

5. One lucky soul who contributed to the winning team will receive a gift pack of clothing and memorabilia from the University they support worth approximately $150.00.

6. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

DISCLAIMER: My only affiliation with WFL is as a supporter. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Anderson
I;m in but only if you edit your post. You have to change the date and not use April 1, which is, after all April Fool's Day. :D

Never did edit my post. I'm in for a dollar for every point PSU scores at NCAAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyUp61
Spyker says his buddy PSU rings is in. Guess his wife isnt so domineering or watchful of the family budget.

No word yet on what PSU champs will do?

Spyker says his buddy PSU rings is in. Guess his wife isnt so domineering or watchful of the family budget.

No word yet on what PSU champs will do?
You do realize that PSU Rings is the BBQ expert of that crew, as in Smoke Rings. The football team is really going to enjoy a treat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

With Jim at Wrestling for Life’s blessing, we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. I know it is 5 months away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd, counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 2. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 1.

4. The winning board gets an electronic trophy they can pin to the top of the board. Not to mention bragging rights for the next year.

5. One lucky soul who contributed to the winning board will receive a gift pack of clothing and memorabilia from the University they support worth approximately $150.00.

6. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

DISCLAIMER: My only affiliation with WFL is as a supporter. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!
Cowboy,

I'm in for $1 per point for PSU. I want to reiterate that Jim Brown does a great job and I'm happy to donate to his cause.

If I picked Michigan State University, and they score -1 like they did two years ago, would WFL have to pay me? May want to close that loophole ;)

they might have read rule #2....:rolleyes:

How about this....... Spyker owes WFL $500.

A woman who reads this site but doesnt post contacted me and said she would like to assume the debt. BUT and its a big BUT.....Every time spyker or champs or rings posts during the wrestling season, she will knock a dollar off what she is paying. Apparently she is annoyed by all his posts and wants to enjoy this great season.

so Spyker if you stay out of here for the whole season she will clear your debt 100%. If you post after the NC is over, your debt is still paid in full. BUT-BUT-BUT if you post so much as a ! from the start of practice to final buzzer of the championships it will cost you.

Deal?

Apparently she likes wrestling more than football because your football nonsense is legendary.

#allmyexsliveintexas

A woman who reads this site but doesnt post contacted me and said she would like to assume the debt. BUT and its a big BUT.....Every time spyker or champs or rings posts during the wrestling season, she will knock a dollar off what she is paying. Apparently she is annoyed by all his posts and wants to enjoy this great season.

so Spyker if you stay out of here for the whole season she will clear your debt 100%. If you post after the NC is over, your debt is still paid in full. BUT-BUT-BUT if you post so much as a ! from the start of practice to final buzzer of the championships it will cost you.

Deal?

Apparently she likes wrestling more than football because your football nonsense is legendary.

#allmyexsliveintexas
maybe we can get either Mr. Tom or @Hotshoe to help! :cool::D

Last edited:
Reactions: dunkej01
Cowboy,

I'm in for $1 per point for PSU. I want to reiterate that Jim Brown does a great job and I'm happy to donate to his cause.

If I picked Michigan State University, and they score -1 like they did two years ago, would WFL have to pay me? May want to close that loophole ;)
Thanks Centex. Since I think that has happened twice in my 50 years of wrestling watching, I think if your team scores negative, it will cost you $100 per point. Only 1 MSU fan that I see on the boards, so lets see what he thinks!

Thanks Centex. Since I think that has happened twice in my 50 years of wrestling watching, I think if your team scores negative, it will cost you $100 per point. Only 1 MSU fan that I see on the boards, so lets see what he thinks!
It looks like it has happened the last three years:
Chattanooga: 2017
N. Colorado: 2016
MSU: 2015

I checked back to 2009 and didn't find any there.

But, saying it happened twice in 50 years is like our HR brethren saying that PSU has only won NCAAs 7 times to their 23, and not looking at the trend (negative points = 3 of last 3; PSU champs 6 of the last 7 years).

:)

Again, thank you soooooooo much for organizing this. A great cause.

Deal?

#allmyexsliveintexas
I can only assume this anonymous woman is Spyker's secretary, desperate to try anything at this point.

Deal?

#allmyexsliveintexas

That's some really good stuff there, dunke.

I'm inspired. Put me down for $1.50 per PSU point, Cowboy. And as a small gesture toward friendly competition among the traditional and recent powers, $0.10 per point each for Oklahoma State, Iowa, Minnesota, and Ohio State.

There you go! You would think @jammenz and @grappler6 and @NYWRESTLER94 would jump in, cause that is the first show of support for Minny and the Bucknuts.

Ha, that sounds like a band!
Ny will get in, he is good people.

cant speak for grap, but with social security reportedly getting a 2% bump this year under jamz favorite president i expect Jam to get in too. Reportedly he is flipping a coin on who to support Nebraska or the Goofers with his donation.

you should ask MSU to get in too. He probably can find the money in his coat pockets, unless he decides to back the hawks.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Cowboy....do you have a running total you are working off of? Im interested to see the assembled data.

TIA

Cowboy....do you have a running total you are working off of? Im interested to see the assembled data.

TIA
Iowa 5.00
Iowa State .50
Minny .10
Northern Illinois 5.00
Bucknuts .10
OSU 3.60
PSU 3.00
UNI .50

Was going to put them in order-but feel lazy today....

I already have a side bet for a $100 dollar WFL donation with a Hawkeye fan (that Iowa doesn't finish top 6 in tourny). So until I see how that pans out, put me down for $.50 a point for every Penn State team point scored, for now.

Reactions: CentexLion
. . . cant speak for grap, but with social security reportedly getting a 2% bump this year under jamz favorite president i expect Jam to get in too. Reportedly he is flipping a coin on who to support Nebraska or the Goofers with his donation . . .

With Jammies new monopoly man avatar, one would think he could use his recent windfall to cover both teams.

Donated a flat sum of $18. I have a pic of my paypal receipt but do I need to post it online somewhere to have an image url to post here, or could I email to someone for proof?

Things were easier on Scout, before they jacked it all up and made it harder! :(

$2 per point scored by Penn State. I figured I'll do my $1 per point for myself, and the other $1 on behalf of Spyker.

Donated a flat sum of $18. I have a pic of my paypal receipt but do I need to post it online somewhere to have an image url to post here, or could I email to someone for proof?

Things were easier on Scout, before they jacked it all up and made it harder! :(
i always just use a dummy facebook page that isn't published to get the url. But if you put it on your real page, might stimulate others!

Jeepers! Donations started showing up in the past couple of days (including PSUPaul's) and I wondered what was going on. Evidence led me to believe that it might be here at BWI and when I checked it out I found this thread. Thank you all so much. CowboyUp's energy and creativity are inspiring.

I've been buying and sending off shoes for the past two weeks. If any of you know of a middle school team or kids' club serving financially challenged populations that need help with shoes or headgear, please email me at jbrown@wrestlingforlife.org. If you know of a middle school team that would like to attend a Nittany Lion home meet FREE, please contact me about that also.

PS. Jammenz is already a friend of Wrestling for Life

Cowboy, does this post (above) confirm my donation without posting a pic? I will if you still want a picture. Just let me know. I am just being lazy...

Jim, you are doing a great job! Fantastic that you are doing this, helping kids and the sport!! And Cowboy is an awesome ambassador too!

Jeepers! Donations started showing up in the past couple of days (including PSUPaul's) and I wondered what was going on. Evidence led me to believe that it might be here at BWI and when I checked it out I found this thread. Thank you all so much. CowboyUp's energy and creativity are inspiring.

I've been buying and sending off shoes for the past two weeks. If any of you know of a middle school team or kids' club serving financially challenged populations that need help with shoes or headgear, please email me at jbrown@wrestlingforlife.org. If you know of a middle school team that would like to attend a Nittany Lion home meet FREE, please contact me about that also.

PS. Jammenz is already a friend of Wrestling for Life

Wanted to let you know I got the gable book last week. havent started it yet, but it is in the rotation, if I dont get to it in my nightly reading it will certainly get read during my November trip. Thanks so much for all that you do and we will see what we can do to help increase your efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT