ADVERTISEMENT

WRESTLING FOR LIFE NCAA CHALLENGE YEAR 2

CowboyUp61

May 22, 2016
stillwater, ok
All right, gentlemen, here we go! Second Annual Wrestling for Life NCAA Challenge! We know that OSU beat IOWA on the mat, and PENN STATE ducked both this season. :cool: Now lets see how we can do in helping THE BEST wrestling charity. I know it is a month away, but gotta give some of you time to hide some money from your wives. Let’s beat last years donations!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL ) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 2. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2. The winning board gets bragging rights for the year.

4. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

5. Have fun!

I'll open. Count me in for $0.50 for each PSU point scored at NCAA'S.

Side bets: If Cenzo takes out Marinelli on the way to, or in the finals, tack on $25.

If Cassar beats Steveson in any round, tack on $25.
Edit: tack on another $50 if Nolf sticks Berger tonight. Wanna see that in the worst way.

Last edited:
Happy to join in again!

I will do:

$1 per Princeton point scored at NCAAs
$1 per Northwestern point scored at NCAAs

AND for fun

$1 per placement point accumulated by the wrestler(s) that defeat Austin DeSanto** at NCAAs

All right, gentlemen, here we go! Second Annual Wrestling for Life NCAA Challenge! We know that OSU beat IOWA on the mat, and PENN STATE ducked both this season. :cool: Now lets see how we can do in helping THE BEST wrestling charity. I know it is a month away, but gotta give some of you time to hide some money from your wives. Let’s beat last years donations!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL ) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 2. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2. The winning board gets bragging rights for the year.

4. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

5. Have fun!

Point of clarification. Iowa ducked us. Brands owe us a non-conference dual in Happy Valley.

Rules are simple;

5. Have fun!
Company matches count, right?

Happy to join in again!

I will do:

$1 per Princeton point scored at NCAAs
$1 per Northwestern point scored at NCAAs

AND for fun

$1 per placement point accumulated by the wrestler(s) that defeat Austin DeSanto** at NCAAs
for your desanto bet, I am guessing 3rd and 5th place points.

Im going to do something cute, just not sure yet what that is.

But for starters Ill go with $10 for every JTS account that gets kicked off HR during nationals
:eek::p:oops::oops::oops::p:eek:

Reactions: hlstone
Boy, do I appreciate the enthusiasm! Your contributions last year helped us send shoes to kids from Alaska to Florida and Arizona to Maine, and hurricane victims in North Carolina and Puerto Rico. I can't thank you enough.

I will up my payment (hopefully, last year was a lump sum, this year will be points based) and pledge 50 cents per point PSU scores at NCAA's plus a $10 bump if we have 5 (or more...)
individual champs!

Last edited:
Im going to do something cute, just not sure yet what that is.

But for starters Ill go with $10 for every JTS account that gets kicked off HR during nationals
:eek::p:oops::oops::oops::p:eek:

I would say it pretty much depends on how motivated he becomes! Come on JTS, it is for the kids!

Sorry boys, not sure I'll be feeling it this year. I'd guess though I'd be somewhere around 5 give or take so I just donated 50 this morning for ya. :D

Ps.. not sure how to post a receipt but it is in my email. I'll try to get ahold of spyker to come in and vouch for me...lol

Sorry boys, not sure I'll be feeling it this year. I'd guess though I'd be somewhere around 5 give or take so I just donated 50 this morning for ya. :D

Ps.. not sure how to post a receipt but it is in my email. I'll try to get ahold of spyker to come in and vouch for me...lol
JTS, good man! I just use copy and paste, then delete name and cc

Reactions: johnstownsteel
You donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation DetailsDate:March 14, 2019 at 6:37:45 AM PDTTransaction ID:5465-7046-5496-6203
Purpose:Wrestling For LifeDonation to:Wrestling for LifeDonation from: Donation amount:$50.00 USD

JTS, I would like to donate $1.00 for every PSU point and $10.00 for every PSU NATIONAL CHAMPION in memory of you son and grandmother (if that's alright).

JTS, I would like to donate $1.00 for every PSU point and $10.00 for every PSU NATIONAL CHAMPION in memory of you son and grandmother (if that's alright).
You people are amazing. Its certainly ok. I actually just got off the phone with Shane's mother explaining to her what so many have been doing to honor them. She was beyond touched. Thank you very much.

OK guys, time for the final push! Plenty of time to get brackets done,and jump in! Right now, each pair of shoes is about $30. Hopefully, you can help us buy when the big clearance sales start!

$1/PSU point
$10 per PSU NC

AND, I have submitted the paperwork with my company's Charitable Giving Committee to match up to $500 to $1000. I haven't heard back from them, yet, but they were just supposed to have met on Friday, so still hoping.

If they do, come up with the $1000 match, this board had better have pledged that much.

Last edited:
Good luck to all-hope all the teams score lots of points. Starting to find shoes on sale-3 pairs of Mat Wizard 4 I found for 19.88 each. So, even $25 can buy a pair of shoes and pay to ship to a kid somewhere who doesn't have any! (That would be a quarter a point if you plan on scoring 100)

"Doak, post: $1 for each PSU team point. Here's hoping for a record!"

You donated $137.50 USD to Wrestling for Life

Donation Details
Date: March 24, 2019 at 10:35:51 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 2262-0208-8940-4882
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to: Wrestling for Life
Donation from: doakw@comcast.net
Donation amount: $137.50 USD

Reactions: Dogwelder
I will up my payment (hopefully, last year was a lump sum, this year will be points based) and pledge 50 cents per point PSU scores at NCAA's plus a $10 bump if we have 5 (or more...)
individual champs!
Pledge honored
You donated $68.75 USD to Wrestling for Life
Thank you for using PayPal
Donation Details
Date: March 24, 2019 at 4:02:59 PM PDT
Transaction ID: xxxxxxx
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to: Wrestling for Life
Donation from: 86PSUPaul
Donation amount: $68.75 USD

Reactions: Dogwelder