ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling for Life Fundraiser

So you're concerned that if you made your alleged donation public on this message board your alleged wife would find out because, I'm forced to presume, she reads this message board? Even though you admitted here to making a donation? If that's the case, doesn't she already know? Or does she only read certain posts, like the ones confirming donations?
Spent a couple hours puzzling through this scenario, and to report on my findings:

Rings wife controls the finances, including the credit card bills. So, Spyker has to save his pennies and quarters, then buy a disposable visa card to use for making the donation. Takes a while to save it up. Otherwise, his wife will learn that he has been donating, and go all Zain on him, put him in a bow and arrow, and he will hurt.

Only thing I can come up with. Hopefully, cause once again, I really WANT to be able to trust him. especially to make a charitable donation after he publicly said he would.

Spent a couple hours puzzling through this scenario, and to report on my findings:

Rings wife controls the finances, including the credit card bills. So, Spyker has to save his pennies and quarters, then buy a disposable visa card to use for making the donation. Takes a while to save it up. Otherwise, his wife will learn that he has been donating, and go all Zain on him, put him in a bow and arrow, and he will hurt.

Only thing I can come up with. Hopefully, cause once again, I really WANT to be able to trust him. especially to make a charitable donation after he publicly said he would.
I think his wife is a computer generated holographic image in his mind.

Just thought I would bump this up so Rings could find it to post his receipt, and if any of you wanted to get in and play with matches!

Reactions: VRE
In addition, I matched a scholarship offer WFL did early in the summer. Jim used it to aid 4 kids to go to a STEM/Wrestling camp in Baltimore, where they had wrestling for a half day, then STEM camp for a half day. Was a great use of my donation. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/wrestling-camp-scholarship.171089/ is a thread here.

He seems very creative in getting the most out of limited funds for numerous things, including gathering used shoes and getting them where they are needed.

I have never met Jim, but think he does this on his own, sometimes with his own money. Trying to increase participation all over the country. Great deal as far as I am concerned.
This is something that they accomplished during this years camp referenced above.

C'mon guys, match me with $5 per win of the Senior Mens Freestyle team to Wrestling for Life to support kids going to camps where they not only wrestle, but pursue education.

It will help you forget the current angst!:cool:

Only 6 days before greco - 8 before womens - 10 before MFS. Pick your team, and pledge to donate to Wrestling for Life for each win by a member of that team (or, just a flat amount!). Making your pledge public helps others decide to donate too!

Help WFL help to grow wrestling nationwide!

Reactions: GG121AND2
It has started! Join me in donating $5 per team USA win (I used MFS as my team) to Wrestling for Life. Great organization doing good things nationwide, not just in their home state.

Wrestling for Life is drawing three names from the pool of people who have pledged to us. Each of them will receive a copy of A Wrestling Life 2.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
Just thought I would finish this up with a final tally for the donations to WFL.

With this short notice challenge, you all raised a total of $2,040 across all boards. This is donations actually made and receipts posted. I am sure there were probably some made without the receipts being posted, too.

There are still $575 in pledges on HR, and $500 on BWI to be posted. 34 board got all their pledges collected, so we could have $1075 more come in. That amount would be an additional 50 new pairs of shoes for a struggling program, or a whole bunch of tickets to an event.

Thanks to all that support WFL!

Reactions: slaterun
Just thought I would finish this up with a final tally for the donations to WFL.

With this short notice challenge, you all raised a total of $2,040 across all boards. This is donations actually made and receipts posted. I am sure there were probably some made without the receipts being posted, too.

There are still $575 in pledges on HR, and $500 on BWI to be posted. 34 board got all their pledges collected, so we could have $1075 more come in. That amount would be an additional 50 new pairs of shoes for a struggling program, or a whole bunch of tickets to an event.

Well Im sad to see HR finally beat us in something.

Cowboy, it's not much but I will pledge 5 dollars per Okie State win against a Penn State wrestler this upcoming season.

As Penn State Fans i feel we owe it to you.
Payable to WFL after Nationals.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
Cowboy, it's not much but I will pledge 5 dollars per Okie State win against a Penn State wrestler this upcoming season.

As Penn State Fans i feel we owe it to you.
Payable to WFL after Nationals.
Thanks! In a dual, I think that would be $20, so nothing to sniff at!

Thinking about doing a game for nationals, just figuring out how to track what I want to do.Hopefully will get a lot of participation.

Thanks! In a dual, I think that would be $20, so nothing to sniff at!

Thinking about doing a game for nationals, just figuring out how to track what I want to do.Hopefully will get a lot of participation.
Dream on (no dual this year) but you might get a few wins at the tournaments and Nats.

I think we would get wins at 25,33,41 and 97. Dual score like 12-26. Haven't compared schedules as far as tournaments. I also think the powers that be need to make this dual happen regularly.

Ill take the bet (lions over pokes) at the scuffle ;)

for the kids!

Ill take the bet (lions over pokes) at the scuffle ;)

for the kids!
have to wait until we see who is going. That Italyan trip gots me all confooosed about what is going on.

But if our varsity goes, (and just for Dunkej01) I would do $5 per loss to PSU by a Cowboy to WFL if you will do the same (in reverse of course)!

Gotta make up for Spyringchamps somehow!

You guys are gonna love this, Spyker called rivals and "told on me" because I called him out on the WFL donation in front of his pal on the Pay board. Dudes a piece of work.

another sign of the coming apocalypse

You guys are gonna love this, Spyker called rivals and "told on me" because I called him out on the WFL donation in front of his pal on the Pay board. Dudes a piece of work.
Did he read your post, or did he hear 2 guys outside the Rec Hall gym talking about it?

ADVERTISEMENT