ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling coming up- Final X, U23, and Junior WTT

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
So final X is on the 3rd and the 8th and U23’s and Juniors are June 3-5. This is some of the best wrestling of the entire year! Junior trials is one of my favorite tournaments and Final X is usually incredible as well. I’m just trying to figure out what PSU or NLWC guys are competing.

At U20’s Facundo is sitting in the finals at 74kg I believe. Any other PSU kids going to enter? Bartlett maybe? Not sure if he is too old or not. Will Howard enter? I hope so and I’d love to see him wrestle Spratley again. Can any junior age kid enter or do you have to qualify?

U23’s I have no idea. I know that if Starocci beats Cenzo that the 79kg spot is his if he wants.

For Final X-
57kg Gilman vs Vito
70kg Zain vs JO
74kg Nolf vs Dake
79kg Starocci vs Cenzo for true 3rd
86kg DT vs Zahid
97kg Snyder vs Moore

pretty impressive seeing the NLWC represented at so many weights. Also thinking that Nick Lee was so close to being there at 65kg and both Carter and Cenzo being so close at 79kg. 5 of 10 in the finals is great but 7 of 10 would be insane. NLWC is the big favorite in 3, 1 is toss up, and 1 is a definite underdog. I’m actually most excited to see Nolf vs Dake though because I think Nolf has really improved this year. I don’t think he takes the spot from Dake but I do think he wins a match. I can’t wait to see it!

Are you speculating or do you know that they are going? Would really love to see them both entered. Wondered why Barr wasn’t at the US open
Guessing he just wasn't interested in winning the US Open and getting the bye to the finals. Just preferred to travel once and then win that.

Bunch of PSU guys are now registered for U23's:

Vespa 57
Bartlett and Evans 65

Heard, Feite, Dunbar 70

Joe & Matt Lee, Barraclough, and Brian Borden(don't recognize that name) 74kgs

Reactions: danoftw and mjmirv
Where are you seeing registrations?

Create a free account
click on menu---USAW events---event search--use filters to find event--wrestler list

And you now have all registered athletes. Can also search/filter from there if looking for someone specific.

bow-bowing.gif

Entry lists are on flo now as well. Going to be some incredible matches.
At 57 kg Troy Spratley is in the finals. Robbie Howard, Richie Figueroa, Nate Jesuroga, Cooper Flynn, Jore Volk, and Andre Gonzales are the top guys.

At 61 Bouzakis sits in the finals where he will probably see his new teammate Jesse Mendez. Should be fun and give everyone a preview of a potential wrestle off for the 133 spot at tOSU.

70kg is a very good weight with Mitchell Mesenbrink sitting in the finals. Levi Haines enters here though after going 74kg at the US open. Other top guys are Cody Chittum, Hunter Garvin, Carl Swenson, Paniro Johnson, Caleb Henson, and Jordan Williams. I see Levi and Chittum battling it out to get to the finals and see Messenbrink in a best 2 out of 3.

At 74kg we have Alex Facundo sitting in the finals. This is pretty much the same field that he decimated at the open. Tough kids are Derek Fields, Nicco Ruiz, Aiden Riggins, Braeden Scoles, and Eric Gibson.

79 is another deep weight and Luca Augustine is waiting in the finals. PSU commit Josh Barr is entered and will be 1 of the favorites to make the finals. His competition will be Rocco Welsh, James Rowley, Matthew Singleton, and Brayden Thompson.

97kg should have an absolute fire finals match. Ben Kueter sits in the finals and is an Iowa commit who is also a top 10 p4p kid. He should see Christian Carroll in the finals. Carroll did not wrestle at the US open. He is number 2 on the 2023 big board and is headed to U of Penn. They did meet in the Fargo finals with Carroll winning 10-0.

PSU has a chance to place 4 kids on the junior team which would be really crazy. Howard lost big to Spratley but it was his first match in quite awhile. He looked very good the rest of the tournament and placed 3rd. Richie Figs and Cooper Flynn should be his top competition to make the finals. Levi has a great chance to make the finals and he is my favorite to win the weight. No one was close to Facundo at the open and I don’t see anyone challenging him here. Barr has a tough weight to navigate but as a PSU homer I see him doing it. I love this tournament and can’t wait to watch.

Entry lists are on flo now as well. Going to be some incredible matches.
At 57 kg Troy Spratley is in the finals. Robbie Howard, Richie Figueroa, Nate Jesuroga, Cooper Flynn, Jore Volk, and Andre Gonzales are the top guys.

At 61 Bouzakis sits in the finals where he will probably see his new teammate Jesse Mendez. Should be fun and give everyone a preview of a potential wrestle off for the 133 spot at tOSU.

70kg is a very good weight with Mitchell Mesenbrink sitting in the finals. Levi Haines enters here though after going 74kg at the US open. Other top guys are Cody Chittum, Hunter Garvin, Carl Swenson, Paniro Johnson, Caleb Henson, and Jordan Williams. I see Levi and Chittum battling it out to get to the finals and see Messenbrink in a best 2 out of 3.

At 74kg we have Alex Facundo sitting in the finals. This is pretty much the same field that he decimated at the open. Tough kids are Derek Fields, Nicco Ruiz, Aiden Riggins, Braeden Scoles, and Eric Gibson.

79 is another deep weight and Luca Augustine is waiting in the finals. PSU commit Josh Barr is entered and will be 1 of the favorites to make the finals. His competition will be Rocco Welsh, James Rowley, Matthew Singleton, and Brayden Thompson.

97kg should have an absolute fire finals match. Ben Kueter sits in the finals and is an Iowa commit who is also a top 10 p4p kid. He should see Christian Carroll in the finals. Carroll did not wrestle at the US open. He is number 2 on the 2023 big board and is headed to U of Penn. They did meet in the Fargo finals with Carroll winning 10-0.

PSU has a chance to place 4 kids on the junior team which would be really crazy. Howard lost big to Spratley but it was his first match in quite awhile. He looked very good the rest of the tournament and placed 3rd. Richie Figs and Cooper Flynn should be his top competition to make the finals. Levi has a great chance to make the finals and he is my favorite to win the weight. No one was close to Facundo at the open and I don’t see anyone challenging him here. Barr has a tough weight to navigate but as a PSU homer I see him doing it. I love this tournament and can’t wait to watch.
Great breakdown ZZZ, you gonna be there?

ADVERTISEMENT